"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been thinking about getting a Use Your Illusion tattoo since I was 14 years old and today, after 5 years, I finally did it! I think it turned out great and couldn’t be happier with it!

Anyone else losing interest in this band due to Fernando's sheer incompetence? It's one thing to be a touring nostalgia band, that's fine, but the attitude in his responses to fans has actually made m

Posted Images

Due to coravinus spikes all over the place and maybe a surge in winter it is looking likely that there will be no concerts in 2021 either (hope I am wrong).

Fernando gets a raw deal and seems to get the blame for everything.  Alan Niven, after steering the band to 'the greatest rock band in the world'; sacked, Doug Goldstein who gave his everthing; sacked and then the rest of them.  Sounds as though it may be a precarious role within the music machine.  Also it can be more difficult when blending a family with the company, balancing family relationships with the great demands of work.   Just a thought.

20 hours ago, Carburetta said:

On You’re Crazy (1986 Sound City Sessions Appetite for Destruction) you hear Axl say the words “Let me explain” just as the song starts, hadn’t noticed it before and thought it was cool.

That’s a cool version. To me Lies You’re Crazy is Guns at their best. That is a top shelf song. The band kills it and it’s some of Axl’s best vocals.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Just listened to Rocket Queen from Houston 2016. Excellent - really firing on all cylinders.

To have a pro shot/soundboard of this part of the tour would be perfect.

i really hope the rumor of a NITL Live release is true. If thats the case i hope they use this and other good Axl performance.. but i see, i wrote two times "i hope", i forget we are talkin about Guns N' Roses :-( They even can't upload YouTube Videos.

43 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

i really hope the rumor of a NITL Live release is true. If thats the case i hope they use this and other good Axl performance.. but i see, i wrote two times "i hope", i forget we are talkin about Guns N' Roses :-( They even can't upload YouTube Videos.

Fernando confirmed recently on Reddit multiple shows that multiple shows were filmed with one for release this year. Someone then followed up with it potentially being the Dodger stadium gig and apparently that wasn’t the show being considered at that time.

Plans change etc but it was from him direct that a show would be out.

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Wow.

I actually like EDM music a lot but this is so bad.  It's just so incredibly cliché and generic sounding.  It's a cool concept combining rock and EDM but if you're going to do it at least do something interesting with it.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, alfierose said:

What's a hypebeast?

Is it a teen thing? My son has clothes that say Hype on them.

Hide contents

Yes I'm old :lol:

I'd struggle to define it so here's one I found 

A hypebeast is defined as someone, usually male, who collects fashion pieces that are “hype” (cool and trendy) in order to impress others.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'd struggle to define it so here's one I found 

A hypebeast is defined as someone, usually male, who collects fashion pieces that are “hype” (cool and trendy) in order to impress others.

That's a new one to me. I can see how it might fit Ashba. :lol:

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's almost 'so bad it's good' in a funny kind of way.... almost. :lol:

It would've been ok if he wasn't in it, like just an average EDM video. Him trying to play the guitar in it just makes it bad.

After nearly 12 years I've finally got around to purchasing the Chinese Democracy boxset!

As the contents are kind of lame I didn't buy it in 2008 but the collector in me has finally convinced me to buy it. It'll look cool up on the shelf.

I think I'll keep the Locker leaks CD I burnt inside it. I also have a Chinese Democracy poker chip and the Chinese / Shacklers Revenge 7" vinyl which can also live in there :axl: