"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been thinking about getting a Use Your Illusion tattoo since I was 14 years old and today, after 5 years, I finally did it! I think it turned out great and couldn’t be happier with it!

Anyone else losing interest in this band due to Fernando's sheer incompetence? It's one thing to be a touring nostalgia band, that's fine, but the attitude in his responses to fans has actually made m

Posted Images

State of Graces distorted/fuzz 1st verse bass line is copy n pasted to the 2nd verse, I discovered this while placing the 2nd verse over the 1st verse and precisely aligning the distorted bass waveforms and inverting one

this is really not worthy of sharing, just thought it was interesting that Axl (or Pitman/Reed) couldn't trust Tommy to play the same exact bassline twice, in a song that seemed to be mixed professionally

Edited by Mendez

What gig is that ferocious Axl doing Perfect Crime at 07:18 in the other thread? I must have seen this bit before, but this is the most feral I’ve seen him, maybe except for the Noblesville 91 PC. I suppose it’s stupid to ask whether there’s more, huh. This is the kind of footage you'd boast about to other people.

(Disclaimer: I don't have any links, please don't ask etc.)

On 11/18/2020 at 5:37 PM, jamillos said:

What gig is that ferocious Axl doing Perfect Crime at 07:18 in the other thread? I must have seen this bit before, but this is the most feral I’ve seen him, maybe except for the Noblesville 91 PC. I suppose it’s stupid to ask whether there’s more, huh. This is the kind of footage you'd boast about to other people.

(Disclaimer: I don't have any links, please don't ask etc.)

(It's Dallas 91, it's written right there, I'm an idiot. Looks mind blowing.) 

Marc Canters IG now says "gnr_marccanter".

Days ago he upload a superb photo of a piece of his vault.

Maybe working on some stuff finally?

-----

Last nite i finished San Diego 1992 sept 30th.... and wow!!! What a gig. Do u saw the show???? 

6 hours ago, registra said:

Have all the leaks from last year end up getting wiped from online? Tried catch up on a few but had no luck

Depends on what you mean by "online". I'd bet you could still find them on torrents. Just don't ask publicly here, it's frowned upon, to say the least. ;) 

• Like 1
On 11/20/2020 at 5:10 AM, jamillos said:

(It's Dallas 91, it's written right there, I'm an idiot. Looks mind blowing.) 

I coukd be wrong, but thought there was a story about that. I thought there was a reason why he was like that and i think something to with either axl getting hassled by security or the cops that day.

Edited by Sydney Fan
13 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I coukd be wrong, but thought there was a story about that. I thought there was a reason why he was like that and i think something to with either axl getting hassled by security or the cops that day.

Interesting, he definitely looked pissed off. 

It was the first show after St. Louis. Also, here's this: 

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4990-12-january-july-1991-touring-mayhem

Oh and here is this!

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1835-1991-07-08-starplex-amphitheatre-dallas-usa

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1836-1991-07-09-starplex-amphitheatre-dallas-usa

https://web.archive.org/web/20190801083318/http://www.gnrontour.com:80/

Edited by jamillos
On 10/17/2020 at 2:29 AM, Rovim said:

plus it's also a waste of good material that can be a real part of the next Gn'R album. I don't think Axl views the unreleased material as leftovers but more of something he can still use. Slash and Duff can probably make most of the material sound more like Guns anyway. This is an advantage if you're trying to make a Gn'R album. Also I think fuckin' with past releases is disgusting in general and rarely works like Let It Be Naked by The Beatles did and Chinese has a good mastering so I say leave it the way it is and move forward by using what you can from the unreleased material.

Just to bump this, if i remember as part of the China Exchange interview when axl was asked whether slash and duff have heard any unreleased material and axl said " yes and they like what they have heard". So i feel that whatever has been heard will be worked on and released as part of the new album. 

Im still thinking the next album will be hybrid. Mixture of new and CD2 material.

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im still thinking the next album will be hybrid. Mixture of new and CD2 material.

I think that is the most likely scenario if Axl actually pulls the trigger on a new release. It has the potential to be interesting cause Axl's approach to it could be balanced with Slash's and Duff's more direct style.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I was wondering why Duff don't do a solo on the NITLT tour like in Oklahoma for exemple or Tokyo ? It was so great

You mean a bass solo? Probably because it would bore the arse off most of the stadium. If you're talking about that bit where he farts about with Sorum for ages, that was a constant 'fast forward' on my Tokyo Live VHS tapes! 

Really, no-one wants that sort of thing in a live show! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You mean a bass solo? Probably because it would bore the arse off most of the stadium. If you're talking about that bit where he farts about with Sorum for ages, that was a constant 'fast forward' on my Tokyo Live VHS tapes! 

It's funny cause it's true! :D

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'm ok with a bass solo as long as there isn't a Frank drum solo.