"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

Obviously hope this isn't true.

Slash has said in interviews in the past though that his 'workaholic' nature helped replace addictions, so a year in which he can't work at all as he normally would can't have been easy. 

Fingers crossed on this one, as it would be sad news. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been thinking about getting a Use Your Illusion tattoo since I was 14 years old and today, after 5 years, I finally did it! I think it turned out great and couldn’t be happier with it!

Anyone else losing interest in this band due to Fernando's sheer incompetence? It's one thing to be a touring nostalgia band, that's fine, but the attitude in his responses to fans has actually made m

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Normally I wouldn’t give any of this any credence but it was more the fact that it was supposedly on his son’s Instagram which made it more ‘real’. Anyway - let’s hope it’s just garbage. 

I'd go for the usual stance here- until I see it myself it's just one in many things said about GNR which is probably not true. 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What are the chances he's talking about Axl here? :lol:

I’d say highly likely lol.

Supposedly he gave them three mixes of the album to choose from. I wonder what the other two mixes sounded like (they were probably better).

• Like 1
On 1/17/2021 at 6:16 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

What are the chances he's talking about Axl here? :lol:

I always thought he was Scottish for some reason...

He's credited on Chinese, though I don't think it's the red head in question here, as I remember an interview from him saying that when he presented louder mixes along with a more dynamic, but not as loud mix, he was surprised when they went for the more dynamic mix. 

15 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

After discussing Rock In Rio 2001 in the recent thread I hope the New Years Eve shows from 2001 surface. Allegedly Axl was in better shape and sounded better.

There was a chap on here that attended both shows that said to me a few years back that the 29th and 31st shows at the Joint were plagued by sound issues and what not. I'd still love to see/hear them regardless.

15 minutes ago, Dean said:

There was a chap on here that attended both shows that said to me a few years back that the 29th and 31st shows at the Joint were plagued by sound issues and what not. I'd still love to see/hear them regardless.

Going off gnrontour the 29th was rough but the 31st was much better.

On 12/31/2020 at 12:49 AM, allwaystired said:

Obviously hope this isn't true.

Slash has said in interviews in the past though that his 'workaholic' nature helped replace addictions, so a year in which he can't work at all as he normally would can't have been easy. 

Fingers crossed on this one, as it would be sad news. 

Hopefully it’s not true but it has happened before to slash and the band in their early years when they finished touring in December 1988, it’s clear when they had too much time on their hands they went off the rails which is documented in all three autobiographies released by band members. Now 1989 was a case of them going up to 11 in all the extra circular activities. IF this is true then it’s from a different place. 

On 1/19/2021 at 1:15 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

After discussing Rock In Rio 2001 in the recent thread I hope the New Years Eve shows from 2001 surface. Allegedly Axl was in better shape and sounded better.

Any pics from that show? Didn't he have some braids in his hair and was pretty in shape. 

This video makes the WTTJ version  from  Berlin 2018 sound like the holy grail

Edit: also looks like Mr. Fripple is in charge of the thermostat 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

How bizarre is it!! :lol::lol:

3 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Mental that she is 62! And Robert Fripp of King Crimson on guitar....😂.

Her rendition of Enter Sandman is even more....’on point’....🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • Haha 1

In light of my birthday thread on Steven Adler on Friday I’ve been re reading his book and the part about his being fired from the band in 1990 in particular. I still do find it funny that he was fired from the band because of drug issues. It’s not that his issues weren’t serious but I find it funny because he wasn’t the only nor the worst offender in the band in 1990. Slash was a complete mess and seeing things in the shower that he documented in his book and duff wasn’t much better.

Yes, I suppose they were functioning addicts but that term is doing a lot of heavy lifting because they were barely functioning as far as I can see. Axl said in the famous last words interview that “Steven couldn’t leave his drugs” which was true but he’d made the mr brownstone comment opening for the stones which was a general comment on everyone in the band. The question is if Steven had been lead guitarist or bassist in GNR would he have gotten more help and leeway to sort himself out ? 

17 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

In light of my birthday thread on Steven Adler on Friday I’ve been re reading his book and the part about his being fired from the band in 1990 in particular. I still do find it funny that he was fired from the band because of drug issues. It’s not that his issues weren’t serious but I find it funny because he wasn’t the only nor the worst offender in the band in 1990. Slash was a complete mess and seeing things in the shower that he documented in his book and duff wasn’t much better.

Yes, I suppose they were functioning addicts but that term is doing a lot of heavy lifting because they were barely functioning as far as I can see. Axl said in the famous last words interview that “Steven couldn’t leave his drugs” which was true but he’d made the mr brownstone comment opening for the stones which was a general comment on everyone in the band. The question is if Steven had been lead guitarist or bassist in GNR would he have gotten more help and leeway to sort himself out ? 

I do agree but they, meaning Slash and Izzy compared to Steven, were at different points in their addictions. Slash and Izzy were starting to pull out of it as where Steven was spiraling. They were at such a crucial point as a band that they felt they couldn't continue with Steven. It's a question of bad timing for Steven to be at his worst.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1