"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

25 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Ok.

How about two new songs and two (good) live tracks of your choice.

Sure, why not. Or even better: 4 new songs - two are brand new (created together since 2015+), one is revamped from CD era and one remade unreleased from the old era (95/96 etc.). But here's the twist: they don't tell us which is which, and we have to guess! Talk about excitement...

Edited by jamillos
  • Wow 1

On 1/26/2021 at 4:17 AM, lame ass security said:

True, I was referring to their heroin addictions. Slash stopped using but continued to drink heavily. And I assume he was still doing coke, maybe someone who read his book could answer that.

Slash was using on and off all the way into Snakepit 2.  Up to the point he had that tour cancelled and had a defibrilator

• Thanks 1

I know this is a general musings for GNR but I listened to velvet revolvers two albums back to back for the first time in a while last night and i think it’s fair to say contraband is the better of the two albums. Fall to pieces is such a good song. It may be my favourite VR song. And Slither has the amazing solo. Libertad is still a good album but it has a feeling of being an Album that they over thought it too much. Contraband has that spontaneous feeling to it. Such a shame the band ended the way it did and obviously it’s never coming back. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

I know this is a general musings for GNR but I listened to velvet revolvers two albums back to back for the time in a while last night and i think it’s fair to say contraband is the better of the two albums. Fall to pieces is such a good song. It may be my favourite VR song. And Slither has the amazing solo. Libertad is still a good album but it has a feeling of being an Album that they over thought it too much. Contraband has that spontaneous feeling to it. Such a shame the band ended the way it did and obviously it’s never coming back. 

I agree, Contraband is definitely IMO the stronger of the two albums.  Libertad to me had some cool moments here and there but it seemed less raw and less rocking, something I noticed on the last STP album Weiland did with the band before he left that band too.  During that period of time I think it was a combination of Weiland's more subdued melody writing and the band not neccesarily providing as energetic instrumental ideas

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

If memory serves, I think today is Duff's birthday. 

Happy Birthday, Duff! For however much GN'R fans may or may not like some of the things he's said and done, I think all of us are thankful he's still alive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Between this and the LED nite lite, GN'R fans have much to be excited about!! 

Excuse me....the GN'R fam have much to be fn excited about! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s the thing: I actually like the guitar bridge in HS. 
The drums sound like Dave Grohl trying to play Use Your Illusion (which doesn’t necessarily mean bad).
Axl’s vocals are definitely strong on this one. 
I understand why the guy was saving this track – as well as Atlas etc. – for CD II. 
Cheers. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know the reason why the GH Physical  CD has scratches on it ? I was going through my GNR catalogue earlier and the GH CD has always puzzled me. It looks half baked in a lot of ways but the CD itself looks shit and unfinished. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does anyone ever marvel at how all the original AFD 5 are all still alive when you look at the punishment they put their bodies through for a good few years ? 
I mean duff by all rights should be dead when you look at the 1992/93 interviews because he looked like death warmed up in most of them. Steven is the one that got the closest most often and slash give it a good go. As far as I know Izzy has been clean and sober since the late 1980s and Axl didn’t seem to ever go to far down that rabbit hole. I mean there’s his appearance which has been up and down and he looks like he’s been frozen and thawed out a couple of times but he’s still here. 

• Like 3