"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been thinking about getting a Use Your Illusion tattoo since I was 14 years old and today, after 5 years, I finally did it! I think it turned out great and couldn’t be happier with it!

Anyone else losing interest in this band due to Fernando's sheer incompetence? It's one thing to be a touring nostalgia band, that's fine, but the attitude in his responses to fans has actually made m

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Between this and the LED nite lite, GN'R fans have much to be excited about!! 

Excuse me....the GN'R fam have much to be fn excited about! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s the thing: I actually like the guitar bridge in HS. 
The drums sound like Dave Grohl trying to play Use Your Illusion (which doesn’t necessarily mean bad).
Axl’s vocals are definitely strong on this one. 
I understand why the guy was saving this track – as well as Atlas etc. – for CD II. 
Cheers. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know the reason why the GH Physical  CD has scratches on it ? I was going through my GNR catalogue earlier and the GH CD has always puzzled me. It looks half baked in a lot of ways but the CD itself looks shit and unfinished. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does anyone ever marvel at how all the original AFD 5 are all still alive when you look at the punishment they put their bodies through for a good few years ? 
I mean duff by all rights should be dead when you look at the 1992/93 interviews because he looked like death warmed up in most of them. Steven is the one that got the closest most often and slash give it a good go. As far as I know Izzy has been clean and sober since the late 1980s and Axl didn’t seem to ever go to far down that rabbit hole. I mean there’s his appearance which has been up and down and he looks like he’s been frozen and thawed out a couple of times but he’s still here. 

• Like 3

Earlier I was listening to AFD as I worked, and was reminded how I've always thought the lyrics to Anything Goes in the liner notes are incorrect.

I don't have the liner notes to hand, but the lyrics online - which I think are based on the liner notes are:

Panties round your knees

With your ass in debris

Doing that grind

With a push and a squeeze

I've always heard that second line as "ass in the breeze", which rhymes better and to me sounds more like what Axl sings.

What do others reckon? It's clearly very important that when I sing along to AG I can be sure I'm getting the words right :lol:

3 hours ago, King_Johnny said:

Earlier I was listening to AFD as I worked, and was reminded how I've always thought the lyrics to Anything Goes in the liner notes are incorrect.

I don't have the liner notes to hand, but the lyrics online - which I think are based on the liner notes are:

Panties round your knees

With your ass in debris

Doing that grind

With a push and a squeeze

I've always heard that second line as "ass in the breeze", which rhymes better and to me sounds more like what Axl sings.

What do others reckon? It's clearly very important that when I sing along to AG I can be sure I'm getting the words right :lol:

What you quoted is what is it says on the liner notes,  but I was the same as you for years in that he was saying debris is a weird way and yes it’s not that much of a stretch to think he’s saying “in the breeze.” 

I’d say for me it’s more that the words of some songs even 20 years since I first heard them just sound like something else even though I know the official lyrics are the correct ones. 

For years my friend who’s a big Bob Dylan fan said that GNR changed the lyrics of knocking on heavens door in a few parts. This first came up 18 years ago when we were drinking and listening to the GNR version and he swore blind and did for years there’s a difference. I’ve never bothered to check to be honest.