"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

I watched an old episode of South Park recently. The subplot is characters pooing out of their mouths. A scientist explains that it's healthier. With that said;

I think GN'R could release Hard Skool on Friday 13th. Why?

Axl's known to have been superstitious and Slash likes horror films.

"And I base that on absolutely nothing."

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

Not exactly GN'R news, but The Offspring recruited Josh Freese for a gig in Inglewood. We know these names, don't we. 

So? Josh is one of the top fill in substitute drummers in the business; everyone is always calling him to fill in for shows or record or whatever.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

When’s the last time Axl’s ranted? Has it happened on this lineup at all besides him yelling at the security guard?

I think his last "proper" rant was in 2006 (in Puerto Rico, on forum fans complaining about the setlist :lol:), which was also the only time he ranted that year - he started by stating that the "rants" were a thing of the past, but he would do an exception.

• Haha 1

Anyone think Axl would be able to nail State of Grace pretty decently live nowadays? First half is the low register and he could pretty easily Mickey his way through the second half of the song. If the “Silkworms was added because it’s easy to sing live” theory is true then SOG could be a great choice too.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:33 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

When’s the last time Axl’s ranted? Has it happened on this lineup at all besides him yelling at the security guard?

I have to admit that I do miss hearing Axl's rants. Some were funny. However, it was awesome watching Axl interact with the crowd much more at MetLife than in 2016 and 2017. He seemed like he was enjoying himself and was really joking around. 

• Like 2

It really wouldn't be that hard to release a "Not In This Lifetime" tour official show. I don't understand this band and their dumb shit. It would be a great promo to an album next year and super easy money for them. Their demographic still enjoys stuff like that. It'd be a great way to sum up the reunion, make some money, and move on to what's next. They could just do blu-ray, but could also do cd/dvd combo, and/or a vinyl release. There's definitely a good cut of every song recorded in the set between now and 2016. Hell, even do an expanded version and overcharge the shit out of it for us suckers to buy.  It's obnoxious how some of the best rock bands in the world don't release live shows.

Based on the Lifetime selects though, they might need to enlist some of the diehards on here to pick the tracks and from which show. It'd be a damn shame to see them release a live show of the tour and pick subpar versions.

Edited by Ak1nney
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anyone think Axl would be able to nail State of Grace pretty decently live nowadays? First half is the low register and he could pretty easily Mickey his way through the second half of the song. If the “Silkworms was added because it’s easy to sing live” theory is true then SOG could be a great choice too.

I don't think he could do the screams on SOG and the 2nd half could be a train wreck, but Perhaps would probably sound good - easy vocals in the verses and have Duff and Melissa sing the chorus while Axl does the "all alone" vocals...

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

It really wouldn't be that hard to release a "Not In This Lifetime" tour official show. I don't understand this band and their dumb shit. It would be a great promo to an album next year and super easy money for them. Their demographic still enjoys stuff like that. It'd be a great way to sum up the reunion, make some money, and move on to what's next. They could just do blu-ray, but could also do cd/dvd combo, and/or a vinyl release. There's definitely a good cut of every song recorded in the set between now and 2016. Hell, even do an expanded version and overcharge the shit out of it for us suckers to buy.  It's obnoxious how some of the best rock bands in the world don't release live shows.

Based on the Lifetime selects though, they might need to enlist some of the diehards on here to pick the tracks and from which show. It'd be a damn shame to see them release a live show of the tour and pick subpar versions.

And get someone else to mix it properly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

The 2016 Dodger Stadium show is filmed, with shots from above the stadium too, in the pinball they released last year or in 2019 they use shots from that night, it's a shame they didn't release it, it was a good show.

• Like 2

Was watching appetite for democracy dvd earlier and honestly compared to now, Axl was still a beast then. At the time we all thought he was losing it, but I think it sounds way better comparatively. I really hope we get a blue ray from NITL that highlights a lot of the Houston show. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Was watching appetite for democracy dvd earlier and honestly compared to now, Axl was still a beast then. At the time we all thought he was losing it, but I think it sounds way better comparatively. I really hope we get a blue ray from NITL that highlights a lot of the Houston show. 

Yeah, apart from TIL Catcher and Nov Rain, he gives some really great performances.

He's definitely not hitting at that level 17-21.