"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

17 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

The 2016 Dodger Stadium show is filmed, with shots from above the stadium too, in the pinball they released last year or in 2019 they use shots from that night, it's a shame they didn't release it, it was a good show.

Oh, I didn't know that they "professionally" filmed anything outside of the screen cameras for the normal gigs. So it's possible we see a Dodger Stadium release at some point...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Oh, I didn't know that they "professionally" filmed anything outside of the screen cameras for the normal gigs. So it's possible we see a Dodger Stadium release at some point...

I wish they would hurry up! It was 5 years ago and counting!

Buckethead, Robin, Tommy, Richard and Bryan were all really good additions to the band.

I'm happy A/S/D all reunited but man what could have been.  I think if Axl released CD in 2001 people wouldn't have looked at Bucket as a weirdo but more as a really lovable character.  His solos are so good on CD and his performance with the band was legendary.  Bucket was Axl's only real opportunity to replace Slash, I think people really would have fallen in love with him if they released an album while he was still in the band.

And Tommy and Richard are both amazing too.  Tommy was the perfect guy to take over for Duff.  Had the same type of punk rock feel, and Richard has the same vibe that Izzy had too.  Axl really lucked into these guys.

And Robin and Bryan are both just excellent musicians.  I still think of how cool Robin was on the 2006 tour, and he wrote some great tunes for Axl.

Axl really had a good thing going with those musicians.  In an alternative universe somewhere Axl, Bucket, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy and Bryan have a really successful and loved band with multiple albums out.  Maybe even Melissa became involved still because of Bryan.

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This guy not only thinks that Fortus is Izzy, but also that Izzy plays on Absurd: :lol:

He seems to also think that GnR reunited like yesterday, instead of 5 years ago. Like do some research first before you start spouting uneducated nonsense on the internet.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

He seems to also think that GnR reunited like yesterday, instead of 5 years ago. Like do some research first before you start spouting uneducated nonsense on the internet.

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Is "absurd".....

He likes the song though :lol:

• ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Sorry, but Buckethead, Tommy, and Robin didn't belong in GNR.  

Lol, Bucket & Robin's work on Shackler, Madagascar, TIL, 2001 The Blues (not SOD), & CD, prostitute, either together/individually, is amazing, if not spectacular.  What work has Slash done with GnR other than Absurd/SOYL in the last 27yrs? With saying that, I love Slash and commercially he is Gnr guitarist, and just playing devil's advocate with your comment. And, Robin/bucket have played on the most important Gnr tracks in the last 27 years.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I just finished watching Rock in Rio 2001 and that must have been nerve wrecking for the whole band, they were on studio for like 3 years and just jamming and had to play for like 100.000 people out of nowhere... yes, they played a concert before but HoB has like a what? 10k people capacity? Not the same, cant imagine what was going through those guys heads, because besides Axl, Dizzy and Robin nobody had ever played for a crowd that big, I believe.... Maybe Bucket on Ozzfest with Primus but I don't think it was 100k.

And it's a fun show, love to see Bucket on stage with Axl and those guys, I think is fun as hell his nunchak thing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cqleonardo said:

I just finished watching Rock in Rio 2001 and that must have been nerve wrecking for the whole band, they were on studio for like 3 years and just jamming and had to play for like 100.000 people out of nowhere... yes, they played a concert before but HoB has like a what? 10k people capacity? Not the same, cant imagine what was going through those guys heads, because besides Axl, Dizzy and Robin nobody had ever played for a crowd that big, I believe.... Maybe Bucket on Ozzfest with Primus but I don't think it was 100k.

And it's a fun show, love to see Bucket on stage with Axl and those guys, I think is fun as hell his nunchak thing

Oh no, House of Blues is like 2500-3000 max.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Lol, Bucket & Robin's work on Shackler, Madagascar, TIL, 2001 The Blues (not SOD), & CD, prostitute, either together/individually, is amazing, if not spectacular.  What work has Slash done with GnR other than Absurd/SOYL in the last 27yrs? With saying that, I love Slash and commercially he is Gnr guitarist, and just playing devil's advocate with your comment. And, Robin/bucket have played on the most important Gnr tracks in the last 27 years.  

I love Robin's solo in TIL

• Like 3