"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's called a runway, and yea they should bring that back.

I still think the coolest stage design they've used is the one from early 2010, with the curved runways on the sides:

gnr1.jpg?resize=1031,580&quality=80&stri

I can't remember other shows but the Winnipeg show I saw on that tour the side runways came out into the first few rows of the Bowl which required sections being closed off. I was the last section open closest to DJ's side. I thought it was amazing. 

• Like 1

Is there a pro-shot or soundboard of a GNR show in 2009-10? Not counting Reading, of course. I don't ask for links or anything, by the rules, I just ask if it exists or not. Thanks.

Edited by Neider

7 minutes ago, Neider said:

Is there a pro-shot or soundboard of a GNR show in 2009-10? Not counting Reading, of course. I don't ask for links or anything, by the rules, I just ask if it exists or not. Thanks.

A full-length pro shot from Puerto Rico in 2010 leaked a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neider said:

There's a pro-shot from San Juan 2010 and IEM audio from Tokyo 2009. There's also a very good audience recording (blu ray) from the Adelaide 2010 show...

• Thanks 1

I'm getting soooo tired of headlines featuring the name Guns N' Roses and then containing no actual news but just a sentence about solo activity of one of the members (damn you, Slash, you prolific, never resting, always something cooking, top hat wearing, guitar awesomly playing bastard). I know, I know... better than nothing... But fuck that. On a long-term basis, I'm not enjoying this, you know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Deader than death. Before Christmas, please release one more Select. Three songs, one of them the best version of HS and the last one Paradise City – the raspy Axl version. The last song of the last set of hopefully the last NITL year, makes perfect sense. Effortless, and yet the fans will have something for the holidays. A no-brainer, Merchnando. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, youngswedishvinyl said:

Imagine a 'Get Back'-esque documentary on the UYI Tour based of the 'Perfect Crime' documentary footage...

Would be amazing, if the raw material holds up that is!

I think I asked this question before but I wonder how much of it was shot on film? It probably wouldn't be HD quality like Get Back. The best way to do it is to highlight certain moments on the tour and get the perspective of the members today.

End with the Argentina show and their thoughts on the tour as a whole. I'm sure there's some funny, not so serious moments in there despite the tension of that tour.

Edited by mystery

On 12/5/2021 at 4:01 AM, mystery said:

I think I asked this question before but I wonder how much of it was shot on film? It probably wouldn't be HD quality like Get Back. The best way to do it is to highlight certain moments on the tour and get the perspective of the members today.

End with the Argentina show and their thoughts on the tour as a whole. I'm sure there's some funny, not so serious moments in there despite the tension of that tour.

I totally agree, unless there is footage of them trying to put together a follow up and the chaos that that would bring (which there sadly isn't to our knowledge).

I would assume that it would have been shot on video, but with todays technology it is possible to upgrade video to more than possible quality (though sadly not on the level of film of course), the Blu-ray version of the Freddie Mercury tribute comes to mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DJ Ashba sucks.  I can't believe that guy was in the band for so long. What an absolute joke.  

It makes me laugh when people say they wish Slash never returned and Axl was still doing the Chinese Democracy stuff as if Buckethead and Robin were still in the band.

Ron was fine but man Ashba was just such garbage. Imagine thinking the band was better off with him in the band lmao

• Like 1