"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

9 hours ago, Alexmee239 said:

I really hope they change the stage for this next tour. The one they used in 2021 seems way too small. At least bring back the front ledge, it really allowed the band to "interact" more with the crowd.

Lile 1991 shows?. With Axl streching hands to the fans?. Kind of impossible to me. 

I remember Beta in Lima, Peru when she was sit in front the stage and she gesticulated something like "the stage is so high". I was on the left side of the stage and i cant saw the left side of it. Maybe its the piano elevator.

4 hours ago, axlvai said:

Lile 1991 shows?. With Axl streching hands to the fans?. Kind of impossible to me. 

I remember Beta in Lima, Peru when she was sit in front the stage and she gesticulated something like "the stage is so high". I was on the left side of the stage and i cant saw the left side of it. Maybe its the piano elevator.

No, like the 16' - 17' shows, where it had that long outing in the middle. Now it's just flat, and also narrower. 

On 10/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, Alexmee239 said:

No, like the 16' - 17' shows, where it had that long outing in the middle. Now it's just flat, and also narrower. 

It's called a runway, and yea they should bring that back.

I still think the coolest stage design they've used is the one from early 2010, with the curved runways on the sides:

gnr1.jpg?resize=1031,580&quality=80&stri

6 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

I find it funny that the band releases a song with the line 'pussy full of maggots' but they won't say 'fuck' on their social media.

They tried to clean it up however "uterus full of fly larva" just wasn't able to be implemented into the song that well

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Last night on AXS the Top Ten Reveal had songs about murder.

Of course, "I used to love her" was on the list. lol

The people were all trying to figure out who Axl was singing about. We all know this GNR song was made up and not about anyone in peticular and it really pissed me off that no one knew this.

Better question is, why are you watching garbage TV like that :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Last night on AXS the Top Ten Reveal had songs about murder.

Of course, "I used to love her" was on the list. lol

The people were all trying to figure out who Axl was singing about. We all know this GNR song was made up and not about anyone in peticular and it really pissed me off that no one knew this.

Ha I watched that yesterday too!  It is sort of a guilty pleasure show to watch, I am surprised Steven Adler didn't talk about it because I know he is one of the recurring people interviewed for that show

On 10/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's called a runway, and yea they should bring that back.

I still think the coolest stage design they've used is the one from early 2010, with the curved runways on the sides:

gnr1.jpg?resize=1031,580&quality=80&stri

I can't remember other shows but the Winnipeg show I saw on that tour the side runways came out into the first few rows of the Bowl which required sections being closed off. I was the last section open closest to DJ's side. I thought it was amazing. 

• Like 1

Is there a pro-shot or soundboard of a GNR show in 2009-10? Not counting Reading, of course. I don't ask for links or anything, by the rules, I just ask if it exists or not. Thanks.

Edited by Neider