"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, mystery said:

I think there's still a chance they could've made that band and record work in that era but it didn't happen. They toured from 2006-7, Axl looked and sounded great, and the shows were well received when they were on time. They also debuted previously unheard songs from the album, had Better featured in a Harley Davidson commercial, and I think even shot a video for the song. It's mind boggling the album didn't come out in 2006.

The 2006 (pre - BBF) version of the album is one of the greatest albums ever recorded!

We already have twelve tracks from that album!:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Riad N' The Bedouins
  3. Better
  4. The Blues
  5. If The World
  6. There Was a Time
  7. Oh My God
  8. Going Down
  9. Silkworms
  10. IRS
  11. Madagascar
  12. Prostitute

Nine songs are the Antiquiet leaks and the other three are those leaks (but erasing the BBF guitar channel).

The following songs are from that album (finished) and missing and are my HOLY GRAIL:

• Shackler's Revenge
  • Catcher In The Rye
  • Lies They Tell
  • Sorry For You
  • This I Love
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • Thyme
  • The General
  • Seven
  • Soul Monster

These 22 songs were slated for the final album, back in 2006.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

The 2006 (pre - BBF) version of the album is one of the greatest albums ever recorded!

We already have twelve tracks from that album!:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Riad N' The Bedouins
  3. Better
  4. The Blues
  5. If The World
  6. There Was a Time
  7. Oh My God
  8. Going Down
  9. Silkworms
  10. IRS
  11. Madagascar
  12. Prostitute

Nine songs are the Antiquiet leaks and the other three are those leaks (but erasing the BBF guitar channel).

The following songs are from that album (finished) and missing and are my HOLY GRAIL:

• Shackler's Revenge
  • Catcher In The Rye
  • Lies They Tell
  • Sorry For You
  • This I Love
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • Thyme
  • The General
  • Seven
  • Soul Monster

These 22 songs were slated for the final album, back in 2006.

The pre-Bumble Shackler's Revenge has long been a holy grail of mine. 

On 1/10/2022 at 5:50 AM, Sweersa said:

The pre-Bumble Shackler's Revenge has long been a holy grail of mine. 

It would be cool to hear Bucket's original solo but I wonder if a version with vocals, without Bumble, even exists? The vocals were probably done in mid-2007 at the earliest, and Ron had recorded a bunch of stuff by that point...

On 1/10/2022 at 2:44 AM, jackparker123 said:

I actually do quite enjoy the track and I would be interested to see what Slash and Duff would add to it, but it would definitely leave many fans scratching their heads, much like the response with Absurd.

Especially if Axl keeps the use of the terms "Mac Daddy" in it :lol:

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It would be cool to hear Bucket's original solo but I wonder if a version with vocals, without Bumble, even exists? The vocals were probably done in mid-2007 at the earliest, and Ron had recorded a bunch of stuff by that point...

I question this too, but I believe a Bucket version exists because in one of the tracks in the Shackler's multitracks you can hear snippets of a Bucket sounding solo that I believe bled in from a mic. It was different than the one from the Village leaks.

Tears For Fears are releasing their upcoming new album in Blu-Ray audio...and it's already sold out! If they ever get around to doing a Chinese boxset, they need to do likewise, exactly what Axl said not long after the album dropped.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-new-tears-for-fears-album-is-being-issued-on-blu-ray-audio-with-a-steven-wilson-dolby-atmos-mix/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Tears For Fears are releasing their upcoming new album in Blu-Ray audio...and it's already sold out! If they ever get around to doing a Chinese boxset, they need to do likewise, exactly what Axl said not long after the album dropped.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-new-tears-for-fears-album-is-being-issued-on-blu-ray-audio-with-a-steven-wilson-dolby-atmos-mix/

After the awesome job that was done with AFD in surround sound, I hope the UYI/TSI stuff gets the same treatment too and then CD. 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

Sorry Im from the 80's mate

If it's your favorite song by them fair enough. It's got some interesting things musically going on but it's not even my favorite song from that album. I'd pick Street of Dreams over it and probably Estranged as my favorite overall.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

If it's your favorite song by them fair enough. It's got some interesting things musically going on but it's not even my favorite song from that album. I'd pick Street of Dreams over it and probably Estranged as my favorite overall.

More I listen to Estranged more it moves up my list. A phenomenal song for sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

More I listen to Estranged more it moves up my list. A phenomenal song for sure.

My path to listening to Guns N' Roses music was an odd one. I listened to Appetite and Chinese Democracy along with the UYI singles but didn't really dig deep into the UYI albums until later on.

Songs I'd kind of glanced over like Estranged, Breakdown, The Garden, and Locomotive started to really click and I really gained an appreciation for those albums to the point I'd rather listen to them than Appetite for Destruction.

I was also embarrassingly late in listening to The Spaghetti Incident. Solid album with the standouts being the Axl led songs, Human Being being my favorite along with Since I Don't Have You. It's always felt as much a Duff album as he sings lead on a lot of those songs.