"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

GNR Fan Recollections you have trouble believing? 😐

A GNR Fan said something like,"I am a Psychic, and in 1984, Axl was wandering the streets and singing to himself for fun. I approached him and said to him,"Very soon, you are going to be a huge successful Superstar in the Music world. Your Band will also become huge successful Superstars in the Music world. " He asked me," Is the name of my huge successful Superstar Band going to be named,"LA Guns?" I responded,"You got half the band name right! LMAO! "

He and I chatted about music for a while and then said our goodbyes and left. I knew Axl and Guns N'Roses were going to all be huge successful Superstars in the Music world, but they far exceeded my predictions."

I(Karice) have trouble believing this Fan's recollection. Come on, Axl in 1984 wandering the streets singing to himself for fun and chatting with some random person about music and how he and his band were going to be huge successful Superstars in the Music world soon? 🙄

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 4

In the Welcome To The Jungle music video, the Axl who is singing, looks trashy, his hair is a crazy looking matted rat's nest that REALLY needs a good comb,  but at the same time, he looks sexy and hot. I feel weird calling WTTJ Axl hot and sexy  considering the fact that Axl was 14 years younger than the age I am now, and is 22 years older than me in real life. He's just a couple of months older than my Dad and a year older than my Mom. 

This is the exact quote the Fan claimed happened. This was answered  under a question asking,"What's it like to meet Axl Rose in person?"

"I met him in 1985 right before Guns and Roses was formed. It was at the state fair in L.A. He said I was the prettiest girl he had seen all day. I turned round and looked over my shoulder to see who he was talking about.

It made him laugh and he said to the drummer…she turns around. He took a break and I spent fifteen minutes talking to him.

I told him he was going to be very famous soon. He wanted to know if it was under the name LA Guns. I said no but the name was half right. He was starting a new band and gave me three choices of names for bands. Guns and Roses was one of the names.

He said he had drawn a logo and wanted me to tell him what shape it was. I told him it was a circle. He let me hold one of his necklaces to see if I could tell anymore.

He was soft spoken, calm, and intelligent. He told me the girl he had tattooed on his arm was his girlfriend.

He told me I had to know who he was because most people who lived in LA did. When he found out I lived in AZ and had never heard him prior to the gig at the fair he got chills and goosebumps on his arms.

He asked if he would ever be internationally known. I told him he would be known around the world. He said he couldn't even imagine it but he hoped I was right. I replied, I haven't ever been wrong about something I felt very strongly about.

I was 19 at the time and I wanted to get an autograph. I didn't have a pen paper. I told him my dad would. He took one look at my 6″5 dad and bailed before I could get that autograph.

Proud that he exceeded even what I could tell him at the time."

Edited by Karice

17 hours ago, Karice said:

This is the exact quote the Fan claimed happened. This was answered  under a question asking,"What's it like to meet Axl Rose in person?"

"I met him in 1985 right before Guns and Roses was formed. It was at the state fair in L.A. He said I was the prettiest girl he had seen all day. I turned round and looked over my shoulder to see who he was talking about.

It made him laugh and he said to the drummer…she turns around. He took a break and I spent fifteen minutes talking to him.

I told him he was going to be very famous soon. He wanted to know if it was under the name LA Guns. I said no but the name was half right. He was starting a new band and gave me three choices of names for bands. Guns and Roses was one of the names.

He said he had drawn a logo and wanted me to tell him what shape it was. I told him it was a circle. He let me hold one of his necklaces to see if I could tell anymore.

He was soft spoken, calm, and intelligent. He told me the girl he had tattooed on his arm was his girlfriend.

He told me I had to know who he was because most people who lived in LA did. When he found out I lived in AZ and had never heard him prior to the gig at the fair he got chills and goosebumps on his arms.

He asked if he would ever be internationally known. I told him he would be known around the world. He said he couldn't even imagine it but he hoped I was right. I replied, I haven't ever been wrong about something I felt very strongly about.

I was 19 at the time and I wanted to get an autograph. I didn't have a pen paper. I told him my dad would. He took one look at my 6″5 dad and bailed before I could get that autograph.

Proud that he exceeded even what I could tell him at the time."

your fanfic is really coming along

Your favorite parts in  Guns N'Roses songs? 😃

In Rocket Queen, my favorite part is about 41 seconds into the song right before Axl sings. That is an amazing and hard hitting instrumental! :D

In Welcome To The Jungle, I'm torn between Axl's siren wail opening and Axl's,"You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby! You're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow!" As my favorite parts. 😃 Both amazing parts. 😃

In Paradise City, I'm torn between the ,"Captain America's been torn apart!" And the final two minutes of Paradise City as my favorite part. 😃😏 They are both so good and awesome! 😏😃

In Coma, my favorite part is Axl's amazing at the end of his wits breakdown near the end when he emotionally yells at his "Friend," to snap out of the Coma. It's amazing and Axl is incredibly emotional in that part. 😃I  remember hearing that Coma was dedicated to Slash's overdose, but it's actually dedicated to Axl himself (Axl had an overdose before writing Coma and he screams at himself in the song to snap out of it. He realized he didn't want to die yet, especially so young and willed himself to wake up and live. Wow! 😱😃 No wonder it sounds so good! 😃😏

Edited by Karice

• 2 weeks later...

Carrie Underwood interview:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/carrie-underwood-said-she-would-lose-respect-for-artists-who-couldnt-hit-notes-live?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand&fbclid=IwAR2m_iBwYQOIwdHCdkaiQBsCoII94G_F_uxco-MUyDM_UZZm_wqVF2HkFrg

While many fellow recording artists didn’t live up to these standards, Underwood said one singer consistently exceeded her expectations and became a role model for her career.

“I’ve been covering Guns N’ Roses my whole life, pretty much, and definitely onstage for the past 15 years at least,” the “Before He Cheats” composer revealed. She went on to say she’d been trying to get lead vocalist Axl Rose to go onstage with her for years. That finally became a reality this spring at Stagecoach Festival in California.

“We had a couple almost maybes, where it almost maybe would have happened but for various reasons it wasn’t the right time,” Underwood told the publication. “But [for Stagecoach] I asked. I sent him an email and said, ‘We’re so close to you,’ and explained the why and what he meant to me.”

She said Axl Rose’s vocal range made a significant impression on her as an up-and-coming star.

“The way I learned how to sing was I would pick really hard vocalists to try to emulate, and his voice always mesmerized me,” the singer told Rolling Stone. “I was like, ‘How is he doing the things that he’s doing?'” So I told him all that…and he came!”

Edited by We love Axl Rose

On 10/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, We love Axl Rose said:

Carrie Underwood interview:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/carrie-underwood-said-she-would-lose-respect-for-artists-who-couldnt-hit-notes-live?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand&fbclid=IwAR2m_iBwYQOIwdHCdkaiQBsCoII94G_F_uxco-MUyDM_UZZm_wqVF2HkFrg

While many fellow recording artists didn’t live up to these standards, Underwood said one singer consistently exceeded her expectations and became a role model for her career.

“I’ve been covering Guns N’ Roses my whole life, pretty much, and definitely onstage for the past 15 years at least,” the “Before He Cheats” composer revealed. She went on to say she’d been trying to get lead vocalist Axl Rose to go onstage with her for years. That finally became a reality this spring at Stagecoach Festival in California.

“We had a couple almost maybes, where it almost maybe would have happened but for various reasons it wasn’t the right time,” Underwood told the publication. “But [for Stagecoach] I asked. I sent him an email and said, ‘We’re so close to you,’ and explained the why and what he meant to me.”

She said Axl Rose’s vocal range made a significant impression on her as an up-and-coming star.

“The way I learned how to sing was I would pick really hard vocalists to try to emulate, and his voice always mesmerized me,” the singer told Rolling Stone. “I was like, ‘How is he doing the things that he’s doing?'” So I told him all that…and he came!”

axl was like "soon is the word"  

• ABSUЯD 1

Anyone heard the King of Chaos new snipet single? 

Matt on vocals sounds great. Very Weiland n Axlish. And the guitars blows the fn song... and that drums... man.

I want Sorum back in gnr. 

https://instagram.com/stories/mattsorum/2957633658290456356?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Edited by axlvai
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Why do you lauhg? She's right. She refers to all modern singers Who get help from autotune and other technologies. Which Is not axl's case.

Not trying to be rude but I don’t see that context anywhere in the interview. The only thing regarding singing live i left out was this, which still is fairly ambiguous.

Its pretty valid to expect singers to sound somewhat like their old self. It’s obviously more forgives me for older artists, I think Axl does the best he can and sounds acceptable in at least a few songs, but I don’t think we can say he sings anywhere like he did on the recordings. SOYL and Reckless Life are the closest I would say out of the high register songs.

2B77F0DC-2FD2-46A6-9F44-C4D20E7432E7.jpeg

On 10/26/2022 at 12:44 PM, axlvai said:

Anyone heard the King of Chaos new snipet single? 

Matt on vocals sounds great. Very Weiland n Axlish. And the guitars blows the fn song... and that drums... man.

I want Sorum back in gnr. 

https://instagram.com/stories/mattsorum/2957633658290456356?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Matt Sorum reunites with Slash and Duff McKagan on scorching Kings of Chaos single, Judgment Day

By Matt Owen
 published about 3 hours ago

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/matt-sorum-slash-duff-mckagan-kings-of-chaos-judgment-day

Omfg

Edited by axlvai

Beta posted on her instagram an animation of a plane flying around ( https://www.instagram.com/p/CkP7TofD_4Z/ ).

This is really morbid to think about, but the idea that any day, Guns N Roses might get on a plane, and then that plane crashes and burns in a horrific accident and everyone dies, it's not a very pleasant idea to think about. :scared::smiley-confused2: I guess it's a rather silly thought since it's a low chance, but lots of things in the world can happen.

Also speaking of instagram, why does the axlrose instagram that might not even be legit ( https://www.instagram.com/axlrose/ ) and posts absolutely nothing, have 145K followers? I wonder if Axl owns it just keep that instagram name, or if some strange fan is sitting on the name for him.

14 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

Beta posted on her instagram an animation of a plane flying around ( https://www.instagram.com/p/CkP7TofD_4Z/ ).

This is really morbid to think about, but the idea that any day, Guns N Roses might get on a plane, and then that plane crashes and burns in a horrific accident and everyone dies, it's not a very pleasant idea to think about. :scared::smiley-confused2: I guess it's a rather silly thought since it's a low chance, but lots of things in the world can happen.

Also speaking of instagram, why does the axlrose instagram that might not even be legit ( https://www.instagram.com/axlrose/ ) and posts absolutely nothing, have 145K followers? I wonder if Axl owns it just keep that instagram name, or if some strange fan is sitting on the name for him.

That's his legit instagram.

• Thanks 1

Just watching interviews from the band from the 1990s and it’s amazing how music press and  given there weren’t smart phones and that stuff, and if you wanted to head about a band you had to read or watch about them and make the effort. It helped I suppose that MTV actually did what the name stands for. 
And it’s a miracle that duff is still alive given how he looked at points in the 1990s. I mean the video for the garden he looks like shit. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

And it’s a miracle that duff is still alive given how he looked at points in the 1990s. I mean the video for the garden he looks like shit. 

yeah Duff was so close to kicking the bucket, Slash was actually dead there for a few minutes and Steven's condition was shit. I feel really lucky as a fan that they're still alive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

yeah Duff was so close to kicking the bucket, Slash was actually dead there for a few minutes and Steven's condition was shit. I feel really lucky as a fan that they're still alive. 

I know slash died for a few minutes but I’m not talking about what happened, I’m talking about how they looked. Slash in the interviews he gave sounds and looks okay , even if we know he wasn’t. Duff just looks like shit and sounds it. 

29 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

I know slash died for a few minutes but I’m not talking about what happened, I’m talking about how they looked. Slash in the interviews he gave sounds and looks okay , even if we know he wasn’t. Duff just looks like shit and sounds it. 

thanks for clarifying, I was very confused.