"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

My thoughts : Axl has been phoning it in ever since the AC/DC tour.  Maybe he damaged his voice because he felt he had something to prove to the AC/DC crowd..... I don’t know.... but his raps and strong voice was there back then....  in 2006 his voice was amazing live.... for AC/DC it’s was amazing for the most part.   Examples:

i just don’t understand that even after some rest that his vocals can be shot?

Edited by megaguns1982

Watching the Puerto Rico 2010 concert, it's funny seeing how short the set is compared to the bloated behemoth we have today. And to think back then we were complaining about too many solo spots and jams :lol:

2010 setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2010/coliseo-roberto-clemente-san-juan-puerto-rico-73d482e9.html

2018 setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2018/fnb-stadium-johannesburg-south-africa-b97152e.html

If you swapped the various guitarist solo spots from 2010 with Duff + Slash solo spots, and then swapped out Street of Dreams for Civil War, This I Love for Estranged, and Madagascar in the encore for Slither/Shadow Of Your Love, I think you'd have a setlist that most people would be happy with and a much shorter show (and hopefully better Axl vocals as a result). Is anyone absolutely dying to hear Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and The Seeker show after show? I think that'd make a good core setlist, and for longer shows you could add some combination of Double Talkin' Jive or Coma and a ChiDem track.

Pretty sure this is the wrong thread, but thought it worth mentioning without being worth it's on thread.

Axl was just on BBC radio 5 live. It was during their coverage of the boxing and was very brief - he only said a couple of sentences about the boxing.

He's with Mickey Rourke who is very pleased Axl got him great seats. Axl says he's a big Wilder fan and that he's been all over this fight since it was announced.

Was pretty weird hearing him come on the radio as I listened to it half-asleep at 4:20 am!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, King_Johnny said:

Pretty sure this is the wrong thread, but thought it worth mentioning without being worth it's on thread.

Axl was just on BBC radio 5 live. It was during their coverage of the boxing and was very brief - he only said a couple of sentences about the boxing.

He's with Mickey Rourke who is very pleased Axl got him great seats. Axl says he's a big Wilder fan and that he's been all over this fight since it was announced.

Was pretty weird hearing him come on the radio as I listened to it half-asleep at 4:20 am!

Yeah, heard that as well.

3 minutes ago, Stro said:

Surely that note was sweetened in the studio, right

It sounds like it was. If you listen to the vocal track, there's a small change in pitch about halfway through the scream. It's only a fraction of a second but definitely noticable

I recently watched part of a documentary about that guy who downloaded and listened to Used To Love Her after killing his wife.

I've always thought that story was dumb, like... what kind of investigator goes through a suspect's computer and says "Hey, look at this... whoever listens to a song like this has totally murdered someone!"

And what made it even dumber was that that's exactly what the guy did... "I've just killed my wife, so I have to download a song about someone else doing it too... oh hey, I found one!" :facepalm:

On a related note: I'd love to listen to The Prodigy's Firestarter, but unfortunately I haven't committed arson lately, so I guess I'll need to wait.

On 08/12/2018 at 8:05 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

What's the best performance of Slither? I've yet to hear one that was enjoyable the whole way through... the verses are usually fine but Axl ruins it during the chorus, every time.

I think the one in Honolulu was one, if not the best, performance of the song.