Slash on SiriusXM: "I think Axl would like to do it" (new music)

5 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

One thing goes beyond any question:

The record company would do whatever it took to promote and release new music that featured Axl and Slash.

I have to believe that after Azoff led Axl down a blind alleyway and Interscope washed their hands of the Chinese Democracy project, relationships between Axl and his label reached an all time and permanent low. Having broken even on their investment, they no longer really wanted anything from Guns N' Roses nor felt the need to treat them with kid gloves. While they still owned the masters to the rest of Axl's material, there was no momentum toward putting it out; they simply didn't care about Guns N' Roses, anymore.

I'm willing to bet that was extremely, extremely significant towards Axl's creative drive. Knowing he had nothing but cordial "loan sharks" as business benefactors. For somebody who was already cynical, this may have been the biggest reason his creativity stagnated to the point of suspended animation.

But.... now that the brand is reinvigorated and a hundred shows have been played without a hitch...there is no way that they will not have the full support and passion of the business end. The question remains, will Axl trust this army of suits after the cold war they've been through?

I agree with what you are saying.

Im wondering as they are considered industry veterans if they have the same operation as slash anf since thr success of NITL they have renogiated a new deal with the record company. All recordings they own, any studio time they self fund and the record company and live nation are used for distribution and tour merch only.

16 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Are you saying that Izzy was Axl's muse? Aww... 

On UYI I it’s more like Izzy was Slash’s muse. As in Izzy handed in bare bones songs which Slash took to the next level in the recording studio. 

You can see a similar thing happen when Slash reworked Chi dem and Better. So I see that happening on the next record. CD II meets UYI III. 

• Like 1