'Living The Dream' World Tour 2018/2019

Ralphelmo

23 hours ago, GNRSLAXLDF12 said:

What did you think?  I thought the energy / crowd was a bit reserved, but I was in the balcony. Wish they played some deep GNR and VR cuts

I love Slash but I find the setlist and some of the SMKC songs to sound generic. Boulevard of Broken Hearts sounded great    though.

Tour shirts weren’t great.

overall, I thought the Pier 17 show last year was a lot better

My first time seeing slash and Myles together and I was second row pit todd kerns side. Drove 2 hours to get there and I thought it was worth it. Basically went to hear Wicked Stone and The One You Loved Is Gone. I thought myles was amazing. Better than the albums. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Myles but I don't mind him. He really blew me away. Brent Fitz is an amazing drummer. Really should be with guns. The band played Nightrain better than when I saw guns play it in 2017. I think slash enjoys being with Myles much more than in GNR. He seemed to have a much different stage presence. Seemed a lot more comfortable. Setlist wasn't bad. I know all the GNR songs, Snakepit songs, and SMKC songs (wasn't a fan of VR) and was glad to hear some of the songs they played. I agree with the snakepit songs but those days are over as someone else mentioned. I thought they mixed all the post 2010 slash albums well. Wish they played Beneath the Savage Sun.

I highly suggest people see slash with Myles if they have a chance. They really put on a great show. Myles interacted with the crowd a lot as did Kerns and Frank Sedoris. Dirty Honey was actually impressive too. Their singer was a mix of steven tyler and brian johnson. Rest of the band was average to good. 

Also caved and got a signed vinyl Probably the only time I'll have a chance to have a slash autograph.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

@ZoSoRose Ticketmaster has put a few tickets up for the Nashville show if you are still looking.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/event/1B00563DCBBF9357

Thanks, just grabbed one. NEVER thought I'd pay almost $100 to see Slash. Jesus christ. Its more for the novelty of seeing a show at such a legendary venue

On 8/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, nycgunner said:

What did you think?  I thought the energy / crowd was a bit reserved, but I was in the balcony. Wish they played some deep GNR and VR cuts

I love Slash but I find the setlist and some of the SMKC songs to sound generic. Boulevard of Broken Hearts sounded great    though.

Tour shirts weren’t great.

overall, I thought the Pier 17 show last year was a lot better 

It was my first SMKC show as well, and I was pleasantly surprised.  Not a huge fan of SMKC music, but I thought they were excellent live. Wicked Stone with the extended solo I thought was unbelievable - he was right in front of me for most of it.  Anastacia was great, and i agree with someone else upthread that Slash seems to like playing with SMKC much more than with Guns- far more enthusiastic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

My first time seeing slash and Myles together and I was second row pit todd kerns side. Drove 2 hours to get there and I thought it was worth it. Basically went to hear Wicked Stone and The One You Loved Is Gone. I thought myles was amazing. Better than the albums. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Myles but I don't mind him. He really blew me away. Brent Fitz is an amazing drummer. Really should be with guns. The band played Nightrain better than when I saw guns play it in 2017. I think slash enjoys being with Myles much more than in GNR. He seemed to have a much different stage presence. Seemed a lot more comfortable. Setlist wasn't bad. I know all the GNR songs, Snakepit songs, and SMKC songs (wasn't a fan of VR) and was glad to hear some of the songs they played. I agree with the snakepit songs but those days are over as someone else mentioned. I thought they mixed all the post 2010 slash albums well. Wish they played Beneath the Savage Sun.

I highly suggest people see slash with Myles if they have a chance. They really put on a great show. Myles interacted with the crowd a lot as did Kerns and Frank Sedoris. Dirty Honey was actually impressive too. Their singer was a mix of steven tyler and brian johnson. Rest of the band was average to good. 

Also caved and got a signed vinyl Probably the only time I'll have a chance to have a slash autograph.

Very cool. Seems like you had a good time and it was a good show. I am seeing him Tuesday. It will be my first SMKC show. How much was the vinyl? I saw someone say $125 ? I might actually buy one if there are some at the Nashville show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Brent Fitz is an amazing drummer. Really should be with guns. The band played Nightrain better than when I saw guns play it in 2017. I think slash enjoys being with Myles much more than in GNR. He seemed to have a much different stage presence. Seemed a lot more comfortable.

I agree with all of this. Even back in 2017 during NITL Slash was looking forward to getting back together with SMKC. I'm sure having A+ players is a factor as well. And Fitzy, yeah I think he's the best rock drummer around right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Very cool. Seems like you had a good time and it was a good show. I am seeing him Tuesday. It will be my first SMKC show. How much was the vinyl? I saw someone say $125 ? I might actually buy one if there are some at the Nashville show.

$100 well worth it imo i got mine after the gig

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

$100 well worth it imo i got mine after the gig

If one is available I am going to get it to frame and hang in my office. If I don't I am okay because I already have 2 signed cds lol. My wife said how many do you need and I said as many as I can get :lol: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree with all of this. Even back in 2017 during NITL Slash was looking forward to getting back together with SMKC. I'm sure having A+ players is a factor as well. And Fitzy, yeah I think he's the best rock drummer around right now.

It makes me feel that slash apart from richard is not satisfied with the current gnr lineup.

23 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Probably, I think it's more Frank that he's the most dissatisfied with.

Combined with the fact that he can’t do anything about it.... even though he’s an “equal member.” Can’t rock the GNR Corp. boat. 

Fitz in GNR would be smokin!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

Slash is in town (Nashville) now. Meegan posted  yeehaw earlier, then went to Gibson, Hattie B’s chicken and the Nashville Zoo on her feed so they are running around the town.

Can’t wait to see them tomorrow, especially after that bad ass performance last night!

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 2

I tried uploading Lollapalooza Chicago 2019 but its blocked in all Countries 

Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators

Lollapalooza Chicago, Grant Park

Setlist

The Call of the Wild

Halo

Standing in the Sun

Back From Cali

My Antidote

Serve You Right