Was the Stage Used on the Euro Concerts Still High?

Just wondering. I was front of the pit during the Sao Paulo concert last year. Lined up 4am but damn, the stage was toooooo high. I can only see Axl/Slash/Duff if they go at the tip of the stage. I never saw Melissa, Frank and Dizzy- not that I care. Cant even see Axl on the piano during November Rain.

A few days before GN’R, I was also front for Bon Jovi and Aerosmith- perfect height. I can see them clearly, down to Kramer and Torres.

Just wondering cuz attending another one this Nov. Still pit tickets. Wondering if I should still aim for the rails or just get a few areas back.

Thanks!

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer. It depends on the venue, some stages were higher than others. If you want to be able to oversee the entire stage, you have to go back a few rows in the pit. I always prefer front row, even if that means I don't see everything (for instance monitors get in the way sometimes), but a friend prefers to be a few rows down, as you have a better overview there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer. It depends on the venue, some stages were higher than others. If you want to be able to oversee the entire stage, you have to go back a few rows in the pit. I always prefer front row, even if that means I don't see everything (for instance monitors get in the way sometimes), but a friend prefers to be a few rows down, as you have a better overview there.

Guns have that kind of stage which goes up or is the same level as it goes front (opposite to, like Stones where the distant catwalk is the lowest). It has both advantages and disadvantages. Little advantage is that I always like when they put small security guys to my parts of stage, so they don't mess photos. If I put hands with camera up, I even had guys pictured with their feet (I don't like them cut in the picture). So basically I'm okay with the height of stage, albeit it's more common for stage to go low so you better see the whole space. On the other side, with Stones the back parts by the rail were just insanely high (and the stage unreasonably big. Too big). The thing is that I just can't go few rows back to have this mighty thing called overview, it's rail or barely sees over the people for me. 

• Like 1

The stage itself was/is very similar to the one they used during UYI Tour. What I miss the most, are the long catwalks on both sides of the stage (example: taken from PPV show in France 92)

92.jpg

While 2016- stage has very limited side area: 

Guns-n-Roses-Not-in-this-lifetime-by-The-Athenian-Girl-14.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Just wondering cuz attending another one this Nov. Still pit tickets. Wondering if I should still aim for the rails or just get a few areas back.

Thanks!

If you are taller, be nice to us hobbits and leave us in the front. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

I was at the rail facing the horns in Berlin. The angle I was at, I couldn't see Axl when he was playing November Rain, other than that though, it was fine. My friend wasn't happy with it. He said the horns obstructed his view throughout the show, probably just a height thing.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the suggestion. I guess will try to still go to railings. 

Another reason is I remembered in Sao Paulo, saw many people pass out and was passed to medics/personel beside the stag. I started to get dizzy at the end of the concert. Lining up for 15 hours before concert starts. Cant imagine being in the middle of a sea of people.

20 hours ago, Alja said:

If you are taller, be nice to us hobbits and leave us in the front. 

Thanks!

I did once. Let the girl insert beside me. But didnt all the time. Im a bit tall. I will end up far back if I always accomodate. Lol

• Like 1

On 21/9/2018 at 1:01 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

Just wondering. I was front of the pit during the Sao Paulo concert last year. Lined up 4am but damn, the stage was toooooo high. I can only see Axl/Slash/Duff if they go at the tip of the stage. I never saw Melissa, Frank and Dizzy- not that I care. Cant even see Axl on the piano during November Rain.

If you attended Sao Paulo show last year than I guess we got the same tall stage everybody was complaining about. I got that one in Chile and it was higher than normal, so this probably has to do with tour legs.

Where are you attending this year?

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If you attended Sao Paulo show last year than I guess we got the same tall stage everybody was complaining about. I got that one in Chile and it was higher than normal, so this probably has to do with tour legs.

Where are you attending this year?

Philippines. And they are using a large arena here. This is the vid I took.

See how Aerosmith and Bon Jovi’s are lower.

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Philippines. And they are using a large arena here. This is the vid I took.

Yeah, that one is the same I got in Chile also on September, 2017. Here's a video I took:

I guess it's not possible to know what kind of stage they will use.... maybe it's got to do with the type of venue but it looks like for the Southamerican leg of the tour in 2017 they used the same stage for all venues.

Maybe you should not be right in front of the stage but pick a side and you'll be able to see much more than if you stick to the middle.

37 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, that one is the same I got in Chile also on September, 2017. Here's a video I took:

I guess it's not possible to know what kind of stage they will use.... maybe it's got to do with the type of venue but it looks like for the Southamerican leg of the tour in 2017 they used the same stage for all venues.

Maybe you should not be right in front of the stage but pick a side and you'll be able to see much more than if you stick to the middle.

Yeah. The moment I get in and see the large one, Ill go to Slash’s side. No desire to be in Duff/Fortus side. Lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Yeah. The moment I get in and see the large one, Ill go to Slash’s side. No desire to be in Duff/Fortus side. Lol.

European stage, Kat for reference:

DSC00263_m.jpg
As far as I know, for the tour, major bands have two identical stages, because it needs some three days to build one and one other to remove it. Probably it's just adjustable bottom for whatever reason, like, safety? I have no idea. Honestly I don't get why the stage is not descending towards front, it's atypical, maybe because of short catwalk. @Mango I don't think they should have it any bigger, one of great things on GNR is that the stage is all full, it won't happen that the band is stuck for long somewhere far or you made it to some distant part and no one ever comes there. Or that the band is for long turned backs to too many people.

Googled AC/DC River Plate, it was also damn high all across. In Europe with Axl/DC the same, high. (same venue as GNR and Stones photos in the post)

Image result for acdc river plate

Queen (& Adam Lambert) had luxuriously low one (meter for the lowest), Stones' goes to circa 150cm in the lowest part (down).

IMAG2066.jpg

6 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I did once. Let the girl insert beside me. But didnt all the time. Im a bit tall. I will end up far back if I always accomodate. Lol

I met different kinds of big people, some are cooperative and keep the gap at least, some try to take advantage of their size and try to make it to the front...  Little women have that special kind of energy, we rock so hard we even don't look cute at the end. If you are smallfry out of luck, there is something like two heads higher butchery bored guy hanging on the rail who you cannot talk into letting you nearer. But it's matter of first very few lines ;), then it doesn't matter anyways. If you are in the middle, it's probably easier to leave the packed crowd and get some rest or water. Some local organizers care, others not so much and then they have to cope with heatstroke, dehydration and all kinds of preventable problems. Or security guys feel sorry about us and give us their water. I always take some sour and some caffeine sweets for energy.

Good luck with your spot! There are many more good alternatives to being right in front. I liked "Duff's spot" (upper photo), Axl sings ballads there and is way more playful and civil with audience by the sides of the compact stage. Middle of catwalk is not good because of horns.