Many Media Outlets Saying GNR Album Is On The Way

31 minutes ago, moreblack said:

And also if we get one, all people will do here is complain.

nah. even with Chinese, starting from the demos and right after release, a lot of hardcore fans loved chinese. long time fans as well. it will be divided like it always was and the reason I think that is simply because I think there is some gas left in the tank if we're talking chemistry between Axl, Slash, and Duff and also cause Axl's quality standards are high enough for me to think it will be a fresh musical statement.  another good enough chapter for the band, one that at least some will like.

Plus if they don't release a final one they're fuckin' cowards.

Edited by Rovim
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, ramsey said:

Having read the article I bet slash is going to be so fucking pissed about the headline.

And exactly why there was no press for the NITL tour. Because when they do talk, things tend to get very misconstrued and distorted. The very reason AXL rarely does interviews anymore.

This latest headline/story is exhibit A. While it could end up true at some point, it's certainly not what AXL, SLASH or DUFF have said on record.

Just now, thunderram said:

And exactly why there was no press for the NITL tour. Because when they do talk, things tend to get very misconstrued and distorted. The very reason AXL rarely does interviews anymore.

This latest headline/story is exhibit A. While it could end up true at some point, it's certainly not what AXL, SLASH or DUFF have said on record.

Which is why the smart thing is not to say anything until a final release date is given. but that's not what I want cause that leaves fans in the dark so i'd rather Axl is the only one who comments on it from now on. Strict, but fair?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

Instead, we'll hear "they should have done it this way or that way" when it's clearly obvious the actual artist didn't want to do it another way. That's why they are called 'artists'. I certainly don't try to critique Monet or Van Gogh by saying that they should have used this type of canvas, brush or stroke or the painting should have been smaller because I think there's useless empty space (that other fans enjoy BTW). I either like some or all of what they produced or I don't. Simple as that.

Agree 100%. This is one of the side effects that some of us suffer from being a hard-core fan. We get so involved in this that we often lose track of what exactly it is, so we create a conflict-filled relationship with the artist and often lose all the fun and become ourselves in a kinda psycho-freaks-just my opinion-fans!:lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Both sides of this war make me laugh with their selective memories. 

PLENTY of fans were and remain happy with Chinese Democracy. 

Just because you choose to pay attention to the negative opinions doesn't mean "everyone" on this site will complain about new music. 

Indeed, while many people had their issues, Chinese Democracy was received well by critics and many fans of the band. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to anything from this band. They sound great live but sometimes that doesn't translate well to the studio sound and new songs. 

As a musician i can understand if Axl decided not to release anything for a long time again. GNR has an incredible legacy and i bet the last thing on his mind is to tarnish that after the last 30 yrs or bedlam. 

That's why we love GNR i think, it's unpredictable. I for one would love a new album released with minimal production and just raw GNR. Will it happen? Phuck knows.

4 hours ago, Route66 said:

That's why we love GNR i think, it's unpredictable. I for one would love a new album released with minimal production and just raw GNR. Will it happen? Phuck knows.

Really? If there's one thing that is predictable about GNR, its their complete inability and refusal to put out new music. In that regard, they've proven to be completely predictable, year in, year out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thunderram said:

You're exactly right. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

They've been getting hammered by a certain faction demanding new music. If/when they produce new music, that same faction will complain that it's not how they would have done it.

The album will have too many filler songs. Or will have too many ballads. Or won't rock hard enough. Or sucks because IZZY isn't on it. Or sucks because Frank, Richard and Melissa are on it. And whatever other criticisms you can think up.

A good deal of fans complain as if they are a member of the band that's not happy with some of the direction of the band. They can't seem to enjoy or not enjoy the artists art on it's own merit as fans and leave it at that.

Instead, we'll hear "they should have done it this way or that way" when it's clearly obvious the actual artist didn't want to do it another way. That's why they are called 'artists'. I certainly don't try to critique Monet or Van Gogh by saying that they should have used this type of canvas, brush or stroke or the painting should have been smaller because I think there's useless empty space (that other fans enjoy BTW). I either like some or all of what they produced or I don't. Simple as that.

Oh, do knock it off with the histrionics.

Most of the fans on here who complain the loudest about the lack of new material are the same fans who LOVED Chinese Democracy. They are here out of passion for the music and are the people who stuck by Axl's version of GNR through all the dark times, the years of silence, the times when a reunion with Slash seemed as likely as the second coming of Jesus Christ.

I regularly post my dissatisfaction about how uncreative and stale the band have become, because that is my honest opinion of GNR in 2018. I would be over the fucking moon if they announced a new record tomorrow. Would it be poured over, analysed and critiqued to within an inch of its life? Yeah, absolutely. But then that isn't exclusively something that GNR fans do. Every long-standing artist or band who puts out new music gets the same treatment, but Axl has made it ten times worse by inadvertently creating such high expectations from fans by only making new music once every 15 years. 

People are entitled to their opinions and my heart isn't going to weep for poor Axl if fans have their own ideas or wishes about how a new album should sound. But to give him credit, if/when a new Guns album does surface, I will applaud Axl for finally having the courage and creativity to put something new out and I think you'll find on the whole, the fanbase will be very satisfied and overwhelmingly positive.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if/when a new album is being released we wont hear about it from some second rate music journalist. 

you know what this band are like, we will have to work out the cryptic clues like posters plastered on derelict buildings, websites with countdown timers and all that crap. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

Slash and Duff are just another layer of cream in the cake that is CD II. 

If that's gonna be the case, it can have it's advantages. Slash can focus on his solos and fills and also come up with even a type of Locomotive number, they throw in the old Slash idea Fortus was working on. I wonder what else Fortus worked on and finished.

Sounds like Axl is gonna take a lot of room creatively again, just a guess but maybe he wants to still use unreleased Chinese tunes with Slash on top and also new stuff that will originate from lyrics first iirc.

4 to 6 Slash and Duff tunes could work. If Izzy is in the mood to contribute it could make it much stronger but I don't actually believe it's likely to happen in these lifetimes.

Edited by Rovim

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If that's gonna be the case, it can have it's advantages. Slash can focus on his solos and fills and also come up with even a type of Locomotive number, they throw in the old Slash idea Fortus was working on. I wonder what else Fortus worked on and finished.

Sounds like Axl is gonna take a lot of room creatively again, just a guess but maybe he wants to still use unreleased Chinese tunes with Slash on top and also new stuff that will originate from lyrics first iirc.

4 to 6 Slash and Duff tunes could work. If Izzy is in the mood to contribute it could make it much stronger but I don't actually believe it's likely to happen.

I think it will mostly be Axl’s material but maybe 4 totally new things. A little like UYI I.

Slash will blaze in with two rockers, then they ‘ll do The Seeker, Atlas Shrugged, couple CD era things and finish side one with a big GNR song like Civil/Paradise. Side 2 repeat with Fortus and Duff tracks, 2 CD era things, Izzy track, Axl Orchestra epic #1. 

It’s not rocket scientology. 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

It’s not rocket scientology. 

At least Axl is not into yoga, could be much worse. I'd imagine Axl has his own process in his head. Maybe it's still on touring mode. I'm pretty sure he'll try to make an album with Slash and Duff, but they still need to complete a good enough of a record for Axl to really release it. Just guesses.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

At least Axl is not into yoga, could be much worse. I'd imagine Axl has his own process in his head. Maybe it's still on touring mode. I'm pretty sure he'll try to make an album with Slash and Duff, but they still need to complete a good enough of a record for Axl to really release it. Just guesses.

I think it just needs the scope of a GNR record, then Slash, Duff, Fortus will get that GNR sound, maybe like Spag Incident. We know Axl’s vocals and lyrics will be awesome. So it looks all good. 

• Like 1