No Holds Barred Thread - Post Anything That Is On Your Mind, Even the Politically Incorrect!

Ace Nova

19 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

People who break off relationship because muh poltical  are incapable of having a political and intellectual heart to heart.

Interesting. So if you came to a family get together and discovered your brother or sister had become a member of the American Nazi party you would continue a relationship with them?

What about if in the 1980s a close family member was a staunch supporter of black Apartheid in South Africa?  

At what point does one's politics speak to one's humanity, or the lack thereof?  

Just now, soon said:

Without politics and religion to talk about, whats even left? Boobies and Star Wars?

"Hey, Ma! Whaddya think about Leia'a tits in Return of the Jedi?" :lol: 

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Interesting. So if you came to a family get together and discovered your brother or sister had become a member of the American Nazi party you would continue a relationship with them?

What do you mean, "if"? :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

And by "relationship" we're talking in the biblical sense right? :lol: 

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

What about if in the 1980s a close family member was a staunch supporter of black Apartheid in South Africa?  

marc dutroux's son still acknowledges his dad, and he was one of the worst belgian pedophiles / serial killers in history, being responsible for a total revolution in penal procedures.

So I think we can safely answer all those questions with "yes".

speaking for myself, a lot needs to happen for me to turn my back on my sister. and by "a lot" I'm not even sure what that would be.

Nothing in this world, nothing, can break that relationship for me.

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

"Hey, Ma! Whaddya think about Leia'a tits in Return of the Jedi?" :lol: 

Haha! Ma knows that Slave Leia corrupted her boy.

New Hope Leia being rescued is pretty fantastic too. As The Maker, George Lucas, said "There's no bras in space." The mans a genius! :lol:

I'll be back in 5...

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Does Star Wars discussions include Phantom Menace and all them tedious discussions on trade conferences? 

Mace Windu would have rounded up all the Brexit leaders.

(then fall into a pit... and then return from that pit :lol:)

2 minutes ago, action said:

marc dutroux's son still acknowledges his dad, and he was one of the worst belgian pedophiles / serial killers in history, being responsible for a total revolution in penal procedures.

So I think we can safely answer all those questions with "yes".

speaking for myself, a lot needs to happen for me to turn my back on my sister. and by "a lot" I'm not even sure what that would be.

Nothing in this world, nothing, can break that relationship for me.

That's fair.  It is a personal and relative question.  

But I think it's understandable why some might object to having any association with a family member who commits evil actions or espouses hate. 

If I can cut off a limb because a disease has taken hold and it will eventually kill me, I can also cut off a family member who espouses an ideology that can and will kill others.  

For some, allegiance to family is all that matters.  For others, allegiance to values and principles supersedes an accidental blood lines.  

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

How are the Nazis relevant to this situation? this is 2020 and not the 1980s

A persons politics is their own fucking business everyone has their own reason for voting. 

If one is a Conservative and another person is Liberal why should that matter.

I disagree with people and I don't see them as evil just because they have a different  political opinion  .

Thats the difference between the left and the right. The left views everyone who is not them is evil. The right believes you are simply wrong.

I know you care about American politics. So here is a solution move to America, become a naturalized citizen then vote for whoever you want and let's have a serious discussion.

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Does Star Wars discussions include Phantom Menace and all them tedious discussions on trade conferences? 

Yes

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

That's fair.  It is a personal and relative question.  

But I think it's understandable why some might object to having any association with a family member who commits evil actions or espouses hate. 

If I can cut off a limb because a disease has taken hold and it will eventually kill me, I can also cut off a family member who espouses an ideology that can and will kill others.  

For some, allegiance to family is all that matters.  For others, allegiance to values and principles supersedes an accidental blood lines.  

if it would happen to me, I would protect myself, play the hypocrite and denounce the family member on the outset, then when the doors are closed have a slap on her face and tell her how she could be so stupid, but we'd still be good.

intimate relationships are nobody's business, but sometimes, given the interference of society you don't have many options.

only someone with a child, a brother or sister knows what i'm talking about. and hey, we all have a mum and dad. Who has ever really denounced his parents? it is my experience, that those who denounce their parents the most, deep down love them the most.

I didn't talk with my dad, for close to 7 years. Because in my immaturity I thought I was right and he was wrong. Turns out, neither of us was right or wrong. 7 years lost forever, and for what. Life is more than politics and pride.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, action said:

if it would happen to me, I would protect myself, play the hypocrite and denounce the family member on the outset, then when the doors are closed have a slap on her face and tell her how she could be so stupid, but we'd still be good.

intimate relationships are nobody's business, but sometimes, given the interference of society you don't have many options.

only someone with a child, a brother or sister knows what i'm talking about. and hey, we all have a mum and dad. Who has ever really denounced his parents? it is my experience, that those who denounce their parents the most, deep down love them the most.

I didn't talk with my dad, for close to 7 years. Because in my immaturity I thought I was right and he was wrong. Turns out, neither of us was right or wrong. 7 years lost forever, and for what. Life is more than politics and pride.

Yes, life is more than just politics.  But if one's politics promote the death and misery of others, then it too becomes about life.  

And yes, if I found my father or any family member was a monster or supported some truly vile and unfathomable positions I would cut them off and never think twice.  There is no right answer.  It's a personal decision.  You may feel differently, which is your right to make.  But you shouldn't judge anyone else for feeling differently.

I don't know how to multiple quote, so I'll have to tag..

@Swampfox Canada and the US are very interconnected, so whatever happens in the states usually has some kind of direct influence in Canada..and even if America doesn't know, or reports on, what is going on in Canada, believe me, Canada's media shows everything going on in the States.  And not everyone in Canada is as liberal in their views as Soon and Downzy either, some of us have just learned to stay away from the mob with pitchforks in the politics thread :P

@Ace Nova I would call myself a conservative in Canada..but that doesn't translate to what conservative means over here.. like myself, you can believe in abortion rights and gay rights etc etc and still be considered conservative, whereas here I think beliefs of that sort would make you a "liberal". 

I will say this being a Canadian now living in America.. I think the number one thing America needs to heal this nation is Universal health care. For some reason Americans translate this as "socialized" health care and as soon as they think that word, they flinch like they have been burned! It's some type of brainwashing that needs to be eradicated. You already pay for insurance premiums AND then copays when you see the doctor, and more for tests, and something may be covered or not, it's absolute madness. So you would not be paying more in taxes, bc you already pay too much in premiums! All it would mean is that the stress of being able to go to the doctor or emergency room or getting a procedure done is eradicated...not having to make a choice between paying almost $1000/mo for a family of 3 for health insurance or paying for food/rent. Can you imagine how that would work to bring the gap between the haves and have nots closer together? imo it really would help to soothe so many disparities here. 

@EvanG you are so correct, we shorten our vowels a teeny bit in words like "about".. we say it correctly ( hee hee) whereas the Americans really round out those vowels,  aboowwwwwt. I think my husband's jaw gets unhinged every time he says that word. :lol:

I will forever and always say "eh?" But if you are from out west, you would be saying "hey?". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, life is more than just politics.  But if one's politics promote the death and misery of others, then it too becomes about life.  

And yes, if I found my father or any family member was a monster or supported some truly vile and unfathomable positions I would cut them off and never think twice.  There is no right answer.  It's a personal decision.  You may feel differently, which is your right to make.  But you shouldn't judge anyone else for feeling differently.

I guess I have lots of flaws, but judging people isn't on that list.

10 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How are the Nazis relevant to this situation? this is 2020 and not the 1980s

A persons politics is their own fucking business everyone has their own reason for voting

It was a hypothetical.  And yes, Nazis still exist.  The American Nazi Party is still a thing.

I believe in personal responsibility and consequences for positions we hold.  You're free to hold whatever position you want, and I'm free to decide whether I want anything to do with you as a result.

12 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

If one is a Conservative and another person is Liberal why should that matter.

I disagree with people and I don't see them as evil just because they have a different  political opinion  .

So again, if a family member became a member of the ANP, you wouldn't see them as evil?

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Thats the difference between the left and the right. The left views everyone who is not them is evil. The right believes you are simply wrong.

You don't think forcibly separating kids as young as two (and sometimes younger) as cruel and evil?  

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I know you care about American politics. So here is a solution move to America, become a naturalized citizen then vote for whoever you want and let's have a serious discussion

There was a time I was going to do that.  But I'm established in Canada with a family.  I'm not going to pick up my entire family and move to a country that's hell bent on its own destruction just to prove a point.

Just now, downzy said:

You don't think forcibly separating kids as young as two (and sometimes younger) as cruel and evil?  

How do we know they are the actual parents? These people come with no identification. Do you know what Coyotes are?

There was a time I was going to do that.  But I'm established in Canada with a family.  I'm not going to pick up my entire family and move to a country that's hell bent on its own destruction just to prove a point.

Then you don't  get to tell people they are wrong to vote for someone or lecture them about a country they live in and experience  the  complex Socio Economic Issues that are unique to America.

How would you feel if I started lecturing you about Canada and rooting for  Conservative Party members to win elections when I don't live there or frankly care.

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

It was a hypothetical.  And yes, Nazis still exist.  The American Nazi Party is still a thing.

I believe in personal responsibility and consequences for positions we hold.  You're free to hold whatever position you want, and I'm free to decide whether I want anything to do with you as a result.

So again, if a family member became a member of the ANP, you wouldn't see them as evil?

wouldn't you agree though, that for making the decision outlined in your second post, you need to do at least "some" judging  on the person's position?

suppose, you decided you wanted nothing to do with someone anymore, then you would have to communicate this, yes? I don't really see how you can do this without at least appearing to be a bit judgmental.

But yeah, I agree with your principle, that we should not judge people. We all have only one judge, and we're all going to meet him at the end of our days.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Iyou are so correct, we shorten our vowels a teeny bit in words like "about".. we say it correctly ( hee hee) whereas the Americans really round out those vowels,  aboowwwwwt. I think my husband's jaw gets unhinged every time he says that word. :lol:

I will forever and always say "eh?" But if you are from out west, you would be saying "hey?". 

What about Hockey, Tim Hortons and Maple Syrup? Do people in Canada love them?

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How do we know they are the actual parents? These people come with no identification. Do you know what Coyotes are?

Amazing you won't even answer the question but have to dodge with some absurd notion that none of the 5000 kids who were separated from the people they claim were their parents (and whose parents claimed they were their kids) are actually who they say the are. 

How callous are you?

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Then you don't  get to tell people they are wrong to vote for someone or lecture them about a country they live in and experience  the  complex Socio Economic Issues that are unique to America.

Oh, I'm sorry.  Do you not like having someone tell you how to vote or having an opinion on how your country should operate?  Imagine that.  A man who lives in a country with a long history of imposing America's will on the elections of others taking issue with the opinion of a foreigner on America's election.

By your logic you should probably never give your opinion on baseball or football if you've never played in the MLB or NFL.

7 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How would you feel if I started lecturing you about Canada and rooting for  Conservative Party members to win elections when I don't live there or frankly care.

I would love to hear your take on Canadian politics.  Your ignorance about your own politics is jaw-dropping; I can only imagine how little you know about the politics of another country.   

5 minutes ago, action said:

wouldn't you agree though, that for making the decision outlined in your second post, you need to do at least "some" judging  on the person's position?

suppose, you decided you wanted nothing to do with someone anymore, then you would have to communicate this, yes? I don't really see how you can do this without at least appearing to be a bit judgmental.

But yeah, I agree with your principle, that we should not judge people. We all have only one judge, and we're all going to meet him at the end of our days.

I don't understand what you're saying. 

Someone takes a political position that I deem indefensible and an affront to basic humanity.  I choose not to have any association as a result.  

My judgement is on that person and my willingness to have anything to do with them.  If someone else chooses to continue that relationship with that person then that's their call.  If the connection is family, I would get it.  

To give you an example, one cousin and his wife I use to be close with has chosen not only to broadcast his political support to Trump but also his financials support by staying in Trump properties and posting them to social media.  I told him straight up that I have no interest in spending anymore of my time with him.  His kids, on the other hand, do not share their parents position.  I've talked to his eldest daughter.  She completely understands my position.  She has told me that her parents political views have put a wide golf between her and her parents.  She still loves them and sees them, but she feels far less connected to them.  She finds it really difficult to respect her parents as a result.  But she maintains a relationship.  I don't begrudge her and her siblings for keeping their connections to their parents, just as she doesn't take issue with my decision to move on in life.  As I said, to each their own.  

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

What about Hockey, Tim Hortons and Maple Syrup? Do people in Canada love them?

Stereotypes exist for a reason! :lol:  Yes, we love all three, BUT Tim Hortons has been corrupted, it now has too many items and is more like a cafe than just a donut shop..its now just too complicated, too many food items, not enough yummy sweets. And for some reason we just aren't that in to football, it's all aboot the fast action hockey for us. 

Maple syrup festivals and apple picking, how can you go wrong?. Of course, there are places in the states that have this, just not where I am. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, downzy said:

Oh, I'm sorry.  Do you not like having someone tell you how to vote or having an opinion on how your country should operate?  Imagine that.  A man who lives in a country with a long history of imposing America's will on the elections of others taking issue with the opinion of a foreigner on America's election.

No the point is  that you believe you are right about everything and can insult and demean  others who disagree with you because you  are the owner of this forum and can ban people when they have. a different opinion  on anything.

It's why you banned me from the  Politics thread and frankly I am happy.

would love to hear your take on Canadian politics.  Your ignorance about your own politics is jaw-dropping; I can only imagine how little you know about the politics of another country.   

This ladies and gentleman is why we have Trump as MY President its also why Brexit Happened.

Frankly I give up arguing with you about politics because frankly I no longer give a shit about your opinon because you have no power in America.

Amazing you won't even answer the question but have to dodge with some absurd notion that none of the 5000 kids who were separated from the people they claim were their parents (and whose parents claimed they were their kids) are actually who they say the are. 

How callous are you?

If they have proper Identification then they shouldn't be separated period. But sense most of them don't we have no idea who they actually are.. I suggest you do some research about the Coyotes.

Unrelated issue. I was harassed and stalked by the people who do the takedowns. They somehow found my social media and spread it to trolls. 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

I don't understand what you're saying. 

Someone takes a political position that I deem indefensible and an affront to basic humanity.  I choose not to have any association as a result.  

My judgement is on that person and my willingness to have anything to do with them.  If someone else chooses to continue that relationship with that person then that's their call.  If the connection is family, I would get it.  

To give you an example, one cousin and his wife I use to be close with has chosen not only to broadcast his political support to Trump but also his financials support by staying in Trump properties and posting them to social media.  I told him straight up that I have no interest in spending anymore of my time with him.  His kids, on the other hand, do not share their parents position.  I've talked to his eldest daughter.  She completely understands my position.  She has told me that her parents political views have put a wide golf between her and her parents.  She still loves them and sees them, but she feels far less connected to them.  She finds it really difficult to respect her parents as a result.  But she maintains a relationship.  I don't begrudge her and her siblings for keeping their connections to their parents, just as she doesn't take issue with my decision to move on in life.  As I said, to each their own.  

well, that's no shocker eh. it'll be snowing in hell before we make sense to each other. :lol:

as for the rest, fair enough chief. I won't be judging you for that last paragraph. what I will do, is wish you good days and happy nights.

Yeah, I think one of the underlying issues here is "rudeness". 

It just really bothers me, and I don't think there's ever justification for being rude to someone just because you don't agree with their opinion or they don't seem educated enough for you.  

Unless someone has wronged you somehow, or you know directly where they have wronged someone else, there is just no need to be rude.  It would go a long way toward healing our society instead of dividing it. 

Lets build each other up instead of tearing each other down.