No Holds Barred Thread - Post Anything That Is On Your Mind, Even the Politically Incorrect!

Ace Nova

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

That is already a thing and has been my whole life, what would you want added to that? cleft palette? hair lip? or just have perfect blue eyed blonde haired children born?? 

We are already in a situation where we on certain grounds allow abortion. And where I live, Downs syndrome is one of them. Would I want to open up and allow more reasons? I don't know. As a guiding principle I think if the baby will be born with some serious physical or mental handicap then yes, that should open up for the parents being allowed to an abortion within a certain time. But I wouldn't agree with abortion for purely aesthetic reasons, or minor stuff like a cleft palate. I think my opinion are pretty much inline with those of other people who don't object to abortion on a principle ground. 

Edited by SoulMonster

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We are already in a situation where we on certain grounds allow abortion. And where I live, Downs syndrome is one of them. Would I want to open up and allow more reasons? I don't know. As a guiding principle I think if the baby will be born with some serious physical or mental handicap then yes, that should open up for the parents being allowed to an abortion within a certain time. But I wouldn't agree with abortion for purely aesthetic reasons, or minor stuff like a cleft palate. I think my opinion are pretty much inline with those of other people who don't object to abortion on a principle ground. 

That's what happens already! Parents are offered a termination if those symptoms are diagnosed during pregnancy.

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

That's what happens already! Parents are offered a termination if those symptoms are diagnosed during pregnancy.

They are offered it in some places. Try getting an abortion for any reason in some parts of the US and it's a very different story. 

7 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

All schedule 1 and 2 narcostics should be legalized for any use. Illegality of them does not prevent anyone that wants to from using and leads to crime costing millions. 

I'm not sure about completely "legalized" but decrminalized and treated as a disease/disorder vs a crime, for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Really?? Where and why?

Anyway, my point was more in the direction of removing taboos for taking an abortion because of serious genetic defects. I guess it is not really a controversial point of view unless you are against abortions alltogether. 

That being said, for some reason many people seem to think Downs is a trivial thing, that it just makes people look different and leads to a minor mental handicap. Thus abortion of people with Downs come across as unnecessary and cruel. Fact is that Downs is very serious for both those afflicted and their caregivers. It comes with numerous serious handicaps that may result in lots of pain and suffering to all involved.

But such points are lost to people who prefer to respond with images of smiling girls with Downs or those who misunderstand and think I am arguing for murder. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm not sure about completely "legalized" but decrminalized and treated as a disease/disorder vs a crime, for sure.

Completely agree, the user arrested under today's laws should be treated as a disease and not a criminal. But if completely legalized, we would end the dangerous and deadly drug trade, improve crime rate in inner cities, our prisons would not be filled to capacity overloaded costing millions in housing drug offenders. The govt would save $ and make money by heavy sin taxation of the products. Today, there's no Govt  benefit from fighting the drug war.  

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@SoulMonster i'm pro-choice. I have friends that have terminated for genetic reasons and others who have continued with the pregnancy. It should be the parent's choice..

I’d defer the desicion to the bird out of sheer cowardice.  That’s way too much to ask of me, to make a desicion like that one way or the other, I don’t think I’ve got the bottle so I guess that makes me pro-choice.

18 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@SoulMonster i'm pro-choice. I have friends that have terminated for genetic reasons and others who have continued with the pregnancy. It should be the parent's choice..

Completely agree, it should be a choice between the parents and their doctor. Regardless of the decision it's most difficult and it should never be questioned nor criticized. 

• Like 1

Just now, janrichmond said:

lol, i was just checking if he wanted to create perfect children...turns out he doesn't i think:lol:

I think I said I don't approve of abortion for aesthetic reasons? I also don't think I have ever said anything, ever, anywhere, that would suggest such a thing. 

That being said, of course I want to create perfect children, and I am very happy to have done just that :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Did you know sperm banks refuse ginger sperm because of - there is no kind way to put this - ''low demand''?

Probably only from the northern UK kind, the spindly, pasty nerds with silly haircuts, not from the rugged Scandinavian Hivju variant? 

Anyway, my sperm has never been in low demand anywhere :lol: Ooh, I can't say such things without squirming. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Probably only from the northern UK kind, the spindly, pasty nerds with silly haircuts, not from the rugged Scandinavian Hivju variant? 

Anyway, my sperm has never been in low demand anywhere :lol: Ooh, I can't say such things without squirming. 

There is nothing rugged about Scandinavia these days (unless one considers sequins rugged).

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is nothing rugged about Scandinavia these days (unless one considers sequins rugged).

Why don't you come over and find out? Assuming you are not afraid of ferries too, it is a short trip. As a basement-dwelling troglodyte, you wouldn't hurt from having your horizons expanded.