Just sold my tix

Tom-Ass

5 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Yes. Tbh I'm not SMKC fan. I only like Anastasia but the rest...I'm just annoyed at Myles Kennedy's voice :lol:

Like I said, opinions differ a lot on this topic. I only can speak for me and I would recommend to give The Great Pretender, Serve You Right and Read Between The Lines a listen. Those are my favorites so far along with Lost Inside The Girl.

But Pretender is a great track IMO and it deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as songs such as Wicked Stone, Anastasia, Unholy and By The Sword.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

@Tom-Ass, look, you are one of my favorite posters here. Your views mirrors mine so much.

That said, youre a fucking traitor man! Did you join Axl Defense Force?! What next? You leave your boyfriend cuz he didnt cook your favorite breakfast?!

You just avoid everything!

Hahaha. All good. I have seen Slash 20 times. Still love him and his playing, just don't like this one album and that is mostly due to Myles.  Tony Iommi and Slash are still me favorite all time guitarists. 

And I wouldn't leave a girlfriend for not cooking a favorite breakfast but if she cooked something that taste like shit, I wouldn't eat it! That is a better analogy here ;)

Too be honest, I feel like he gets it. Last show he threw in a VR song and cut back on songs from Living The Dream.  Almost has me looking at re-purchasing tix if I can get a deal hahah. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hahaha. All good. I have seen Slash 20 times. Still love him and his playing, just don't like this one album and that is mostly due to Myles.  Tony Iommi and Slash are still me favorite all time guitarists. 

And I wouldn't leave a girlfriend for not cooking a favorite breakfast but if she cooked something that taste like shit, I wouldn't eat it! That is a better analogy here ;)

Too be honest, I feel like he gets it. Last show he threw in a VR song and cut back on songs from Living The Dream.  Almost has me looking at re-purchasing tix if I can get a deal hahah. 

Your going for the whole experience arent you? Not just because of a couple of songs he may or may not play.

26 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Your going for the whole experience arent you? Not just because of a couple of songs he may or may not play.

It isn't about couple songs he may or may not play.  Until last night I looked at the setlist and could have cared less about the majority of it.  SMKC has some good songs and a lot of not so good songs.. I have seen SMKC like 5 or 6 times and it was always a blast. Aside from Anastasia, the highlights for me were always the Guns and VR songs and the better SMKC complimented all that stuff nicely.  Take out the Guns and VR and I am all set though.  Like I said I have seen Slash 20 times and I go to a shitload of other live shows.  Just being in a building with Slash doesn't make it a good experience if the music is no good. 

Now I can see Slash play songs like It's So Easy, Civil War, Estranged, Out Ta Get Me and Nightrain with Guns so that may be part of it too.. Much more desirable that seeing Halo, Avalon or anything off Living The Dream. 

I did like the inclusion of Fall To Pieces and We're All Gonna Die last night plus they dropped a few songs from LTD. Overall, the setlist looked better.. I will be watching the next few days and I can always get tix again last minute if I want to. I just might have to pay a little more.. or even less. 

58 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I also don't expect a setlist to be perfect.. I hate that Guns plays CD songs and I still go and have had a blast at the NITL shows.. (though the last one they played a bit too much CD)  It is all good.. Not looking for any sympathy or anything lol. It is what it is.. I am still always pulling for Slash and I hope everyone that goes has a fucking blast!! I have liked his entire catalog and am just bummed that he layed an egg with LTD.. 

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It isn't about couple songs he may or may not play.  Until last night I looked at the setlist and could have cared less about the majority of it.  SMKC has some good songs and a lot of not so good songs.. I have seen SMKC like 5 or 6 times and it was always a blast. Aside from Anastasia, the highlights for me were always the Guns and VR songs and the better SMKC complimented all that stuff nicely.  Take out the Guns and VR and I am all set though.  Like I said I have seen Slash 20 times and I go to a shitload of other live shows.  Just being in a building with Slash doesn't make it a good experience if the music is no good. 

Now I can see Slash play songs like It's So Easy, Civil War, Estranged, Out Ta Get Me and Nightrain with Guns so that may be part of it too.. Much more desirable that seeing Halo, Avalon or anything off Living The Dream. 

I did like the inclusion of Fall To Pieces and We're All Gonna Die last night plus they dropped a few songs from LTD. Overall, the setlist looked better.. I will be watching the next few days and I can always get tix again last minute if I want to. I just might have to pay a little more.. or even less. 

Just letting you know I wasnt trying to be a wise ass. Just making a comment. Its weird how music can differ from everyone so much. LTD is my favorite Slash & Myles Kennedy album as a whole so far.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I also don't expect a setlist to be perfect.. I hate that Guns plays CD songs and I still go and have had a blast at the NITL shows.. (though the last one they played a bit too much CD)  It is all good.. Not looking for any sympathy or anything lol. It is what it is.. I am still always pulling for Slash and I hope everyone that goes has a fucking blast!! I have liked his entire catalog and am just bummed that he layed an egg with LTD.. 

LTD isn’t brilliant but a number of tracks have grown on me. I saw the show in NYC at Pier 17 last night and it was much better than expected (venue with the BK Bridge, Manhattan and Brooklyn in the background didn’t hurt) 

sounds like you’ve seen Slash more than most of us. However, he won’t be around forever. If you love an artist, it is best to seize the opportunity when you can!

• Like 3

On 10/5/2018 at 9:38 PM, gnfnrs1972 said:

Just letting you know I wasnt trying to be a wise ass. Just making a comment. Its weird how music can differ from everyone so much. LTD is my favorite Slash & Myles Kennedy album as a whole so far.

Didn't take t that way at all!!  I can't agree more either on the musical tastes differing.. Especially when it comes to Slash.  I personally never got serial killer but I know a lot of other Slash die hards love it.  Slash is a fucking icon and his music has been all over the soundtrack of my life for the last three decades.  I may not like LTD but that doesn't effect my appreciation or admiration of the dudes talent in the slightest.  Just makes me even more excited about the next thing he does because the odds are I am gonna love it..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

One of my friends just facebook lived "My Antidote" and "Fall To Pieces". The band sounds tight as usual and Fall To Pieces was off the hook.  Crowd was really into that one.

I think I blew my voice out screaming and singing along to every song. The show was fucking amazing. The setlist May have been the same as the night before, but I don’t fucking care. The new album is a lot better live. I would say almost every Slash song sounds better live.

Edited by Ninjapie24
  • Like 4