$12,999.00

The Guitar of Slash's Dreams

• Signed by Slash
  • Limited Edition
  • Dark Burst VOS Finish
  • Replica '58 C-shape Profile Neck
  • Solid Brazilian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit Fingerboard
  • Custombucker (Alnico III) - Double Black Bridge & Neck Pickups
  • Lightweight Solid Mahogany Body, 2 Piece Plain Maple Top, Hide Glue Fit Body
  • Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
  • Custom Slash Lacquered Lifton™ Case Included
  • Gibson Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity Included
  • Made in USA

This very special instrument is the result of a collaboration between Slash and the skilled artisans at Gibson Custom Shop to create the ultimate Les Paul Standard based on Slash’s favorite Historic specifications and appointments, including a genuine solid Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. The coveted sonic and visual appeal of this species of Rosewood, along with the fact that it has not been widely available for over 50 years, helps ensure that this Les Paul is both an accurate replica of a priceless golden-era instrument and a timeless collectible as well. It is, using Slash’s words, a “Brazilian Dream.” Each will be hand-signed  and numbered by the man himself, and each includes an exclusive green-lined Lifton™ lacquered case and a variety of fun Slash case candy.

Limited run, while supplies last.

Available to purchase in the United States only.

https://store.gibson.com/products/slash-signed-1958-les-paul-standard-brazilian-dream/?utm_source=Gibson+Newsletter&utm_campaign=39adceb2ef-EMAIL_SLASH_2018_10_03_2018&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d5d26bcb8d-39adceb2ef-50790473&ct=t()&goal=0_d5d26bcb8d-39adceb2ef-50790473&mc_cid=39adceb2ef&mc_eid=fdb9868080

I guess the price is no problem for upcoming 250 owners of that guitar... I must admit it sounds really good, at least based on yt videos from SMKC shows. 

But hey... since 2014:

Les Paul Rosso Corsa

Les Paul Vermilion

Les Paul Anaconda

Firebird Slash Signature

Les Paul Brazilian Dream

Not to mention all Epiphone signatures...

Junk for $13,000. My Gibson is also a vintage sunburst and has a nicer top at $1800

That is an asinine price and Gibson is so out of touch. I was such a Gibson fan boy before and I like my Gibsons, but man, I am not surprised one bit with the issues they are having. If I HAD to spend over 10k on a guitar, it certainly wouldnt be this

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Played Vermilion with a Marshall SL5, wonderful combo. Price is reasonable too. I love how Brazilian Dream looks, with those black Seymours, and of course how it sounds, but this guitar is way overpriced. If anyone wonders why Gibson bancrupted ;d With that kind of money I can get my actual DREAM guitar from PRS' private stock.

Edited by Ralphelmo

I just don't get... who are these for? How many people play these models vs how many just stick 'em in a closet... they seem like fodder for guitar speculators. I can't imagine a professional slinging signature gear... nor even spending that much on a gigging instrument.

Of the people who actually play the things.... can they actually play? :) . I'm picturing a dentist pulling it out to play SCOM... maybe pops on a tophat... rock on.

Edited by Ant

14 hours ago, default_ said:

How much does a Brazilian Rosewood board goes for in the US? Some selected pieces of it may be really valuable depending on its shapes and patterns. 

It's expensive because it's not so easily available anymore and there's restrictions on how much they can import. That's why this guitar is only available in the US; they're not allowed to take that wood outside the country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's expensive because it's not so easily available anymore and there's restrictions on how much they can import. That's why this guitar is only available in the US; they're not allowed to take that wood outside the country.

Yeah, thats what I tought. Believe most of the pricing from this come from the rosewood and its kind of fair tbh, oposite to all the other signature models.

Thing is, is it worth? dunno.

Nowadays, with the deplorable QC in Gibson, you would have to be insane to pay more than $1000 for one of their guitars.

I don’t know if their Custom Shop is. A bit more strict with their QC, but I wouldn’t hold my breath considering how bad it has been for their regular lines of guitars.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2018 at 2:21 PM, D.Z.I. said:

Nowadays, with the deplorable QC in Gibson, you would have to be insane to pay more than $1000 for one of their guitars.

I don’t know if their Custom Shop is. A bit more strict with their QC, but I wouldn’t hold my breath considering how bad it has been for their regular lines of guitars.

Their custom shops are good. I haven't read any manufacturing complaints about them yet.