Shadow Of Your Love 7" Coming For RSD BF

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10452

It's a "Record Store Day First" release which means it'll be widely available soon after for anyone who doesn't get one that day. Not sure what the B-Side is, but I'm sure it's whatever the B-Side is in the boxed set.

Usually the RSD first editions will be a different color or something, but are otherwise the same as the upcoming standard release.

One more reason to not by the box set...Maybe they will release the demos LP as well at some point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Usually the RSD first editions will be a different color or something, but are otherwise the same as the upcoming standard release.

One more reason to not by the box set...Maybe they will release the demos LP as well at some point.

Once I saw that 7" on the list, I was REALLY hoping the rest of the vinyl was on there too. I'm guessing they'll probably save that for the actual RSD in April 2019. 

The SoYL 7" is listed as red, so I'm guessing the regular pressing will be black.

Just now, brad_k said:

Never participated in RSD, but does this mean that it'll be on Amazon eventually as it doesn't seem to show it is available in UK

Because it's a "First" release, it'll be widely available about 3 months after RSD. So, in short, yes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Once I saw that 7" on the list, I was REALLY hoping the rest of the vinyl was on there too. I'm guessing they'll probably save that for the actual RSD in April 2019. 

The SoYL 7" is listed as red, so I'm guessing the regular pressing will be black.

Because it's a "First" release, it'll be widely available about 3 months after RSD. So, in short, yes.

It'd be nice if they come out for RSD in April but who knows if it'll happen or not.

I've seen the box go for 125-150 and the demos LP go for a couple hundred. I wouldn't mind dropping those prices and storing some of my Guns vinyl in there. Only problem would be what to do with all those dumb drawers for knick knacks. Maybe I can bust them out and put more 12" in there?

• Like 1

Im sure by April whoever wanted to buy the big Locked N Loaded box would've already bought it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do release the LLAS reissue and/or the EPs & B-Sides vynil and/or the Sound City triple LP by then.

btw, I find it funny that this SOYL 7" is coming out on the tenth anniversary of ChiDem XD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

btw, I find it funny that this SOYL 7" is coming out on the tenth anniversary of ChiDem XD

That was the first thing I noticed when I clicked the link :lol:

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a copy of this. I doubt they'd re-release the older, more common singles like Patience or WTTJ, but I really hope they release LLAS and the Demos next April.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Im sure by April whoever wanted to buy the big Locked N Loaded box would've already bought it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do release the LLAS reissue and/or the EPs & B-Sides vynil and/or the Sound City triple LP by then.

Maybe it's a decoy for something much bigger.....?

I'm really hoping for a vinyl of some of that stuff from the box. I really feel there are some gems in that set. Most of the Appetite early takes are cool, but NOT better than the actual album imo. Honestly Anything Goes is probably the only one that I REALLY like. Not because I think it's better, it's just so different that it's almost like a new song. 

Piano NR, Heartbreak Hotel, both JJF, all 3 MTTC (there is 3 right???), and Rosie are my personal favs. Obviously Rosie isn't new by any means, but it's the best version I have ever had, so that makes it fun. So a vinyl (or 2) with those on it would be a MUST for me.

I forgot to mention the "new" shadow of your love, that's also a highlight for me.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

On October 9, 2018 at 9:03 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm really hoping for a vinyl of some of that stuff from the box. I really feel there are some gems in that set. Most of the Appetite early takes are cool, but NOT better than the actual album imo. Honestly Anything Goes is probably the only one that I REALLY like. Not because I think it's better, it's just so different that it's almost like a new song. 

Piano NR, Heartbreak Hotel, both JJF, all 3 MTTC (there is 3 right???), and Rosie are my personal favs. Obviously Rosie isn't new by any means, but it's the best version I have ever had, so that makes it fun. So a vinyl (or 2) with those on it would be a MUST for me.

I forgot to mention the "new" shadow of your love, that's also a highlight for me.

yeah I made a playlist on my phone of the two mike clink tracks, the live marquee stuff, the b-side version of you're crazy, and all the sound city stuff MINUS the AFD songs cause the final album versions are so perfect that listening to their demo counterparts just doesn't feel right.

all the other tracks you mentioned are fantastic though imo.

On October 10, 2018 at 7:45 AM, Sydney Fan said:

If move to the city is a side b im agreeing with a comment gibbo made they could add both SOYL and move to the city as part of the setlist for next year to promote it.

Haven't they already been playing SOYL live lately though? So really the only addition would be acoustic MTTC. Better than nothing though, I guess.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 1

43 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

yeah I made a playlist on my phone of the two mile clink tracks, the live marquee stuff, the b-side version of you're crazy, and all the sound city stuff MINUS the AFD songs cause the final album versions are so perfect that listening to their demo counterparts just doesn't feel right.

all the other tracks you mentioned are fantastic though imo.

Agreed. I do a fair amount of traveling, and on one of my trips I listened to the WHOLE thing. It was fun to do once, or in the future, on occasion. But for the most part, I dont really find most of the Appetite demos all that appealing. I'm glad to have them, sure. But I wouldn't put them on ANY Guns playlist. Besides Anything Goes, Rocket Queen would be the next one that I like best. It's by NO MEANS better than final version, but a fun listen none the less. So I MIGHT put that one on a playlist as well, but that's about it for me.

The REAL gems in the collection (and there ARE some), I think we are in agreement about. Not only would I LOVE a vinyl with those on it, but I VERY much have put them on a playlist that I listen to when mowing the yard and what not. 

Honestly just the other day my daughter asked me "what's your favorite song." I told her that it changes, based upon the mood I'm in (because its SO hard to pick just one. Not just guns, but one song period). I told her "well right now it would be the piano Novemeber Rain." Even though I STILL think the final version is superior, overall. I LOVE the rawness and honesty to that version. It just goes to show what an AMAZING song it really is. So yes, I am SUPER jealous of those that have that on vinyl. But NO WAY was I paying $1000 for that, lol. But if they start coming out individually, I'm ON IT, lol.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 2

A strong sign that the contents of Locked N' Loaded will be available to buy outside of the box sooner or later.  By the sound of it, the single's identical to LnL's, except pressed on red vinyl.

The list for Black Friday's RSD is a bit weak this year..so far just considering the new BABYMETAL & U2 12" singles.  And probably Amazing Jeckel Brothers.  :lol:

Edited by Gackt

• 1 month later...