Slash says a little more about how they ended up with the NITL lineup (+reunion with Axl)

1 minute ago, D.. said:

Personally, I never believed any of the bullshit accusing him of being a woman beater. Now, if there was hard evidence stating otherwise and I'd seen it for myself, I would've stopped listening to his music. But as far as this BS story, it was word against word. And I'd rather believe someone like Axl who has proven his integrity over the years, over a woman who married an ugly millionaire clearly because she was interested in money.

I'm an Axlfan and I am all for keeping the past in the past, especially since all the people involved seem to have moved on, but come on, are you calling Erin, Meegan and Stephanie (and possibly others I don't remember now) all liars? I think even Axl admitted he'd used violence against Stephanie, even if he says she attacked him first.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm an Axlfan and I am all for keeping the past in the past, especially since all the people involved seem to have moved on, but come on, are you calling Erin, Meegan and Stephanie (and possibly others I don't remember now) all liars? I think even Axl admitted he'd used violence against Stephanie, even if he says she attacked him first.

Do you agree that defending yourself against someone violent (Stephanie) isn't being violent? It's not the same as assaulting. I hope we can agree on that, at leat.

Secondly, I wasn't there, there's no evidence, so I can't judge properly what went on. Neither can any of you. So it's a bit of a pointless debate.

Nonetheless, if you want my opinion: yes, I believe Stephanie is a liar. I have absolutely 0 faith in women who marry men because of their money. I'm sorry to be this blunt but the millionaire (I can't even remember his name) she married... There is no way in hell she fell in love with him. He has nothing going for him except his bank account. She fell for the money. I've seen enough about how some women behave to be 100% sure.

As for Erin, I'm pretty sure she will change her story someday. She doesn't strike me as a bad person. Not like Stephanie anyway. She had Erin back her up to make some cash and counter Axl's accusations and keep the jewelry. That's how low she is. Erin must not be proud about it. Why wait several years to go public about it? We see this kind of bullshit happening over and over with the BS #metoo movement, with false claims and easy money grabs (not saying all of it are lies, but some are).

Finally, had Axl admitted he assaulted Erin, or Stephanie, or both of them, I would quit listening to his music. I'm absolutely not supporting women beaters, even if it's "in the past". Women beaters should be put in jail and make a lot of us men look like shit. I despise those assholes. But, unless I'm proven wrong, Axl isn't one of them.

As for Meegan, I'm not sure why she is even mentioned, she didn't date Axl (unless I'm missing something). So her word is worth zero.

43 minutes ago, D.. said:

As for Meegan, I'm not sure why she is even mentioned, she didn't date Axl (unless I'm missing something). So her word is worth zero.

Contrary to you and me, she was actually there, as she lived with Erin. She testified before the court how Erin was abused by Axl and how she wanted Slash to do something about it, and if he didn't, she would intervene, but Slash told her they'd only make it worse.

But if you never believe anything you haven't seen with your own two eyes, any discussion is pointless.

1 hour ago, Original said:

Whatever happened in regards to Yoda/Sharon Maynard and Axl? 

Yoda died.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.. said:

Secondly, I wasn't there, there's no evidence, so I can't judge properly what went on. Neither can any of you. So it's a bit of a pointless debate.

So, basically, no crime in this world and no people could be judged or jailed because YOU WERE NOT THERE? :lol:

1 hour ago, D.. said:

Nonetheless, if you want my opinion: yes, I believe Stephanie is a liar. I have absolutely 0 faith in women who marry men because of their money. I'm sorry to be this blunt but the millionaire (I can't even remember his name) she married... There is no way in hell she fell in love with him. He has nothing going for him except his bank account. She fell for the money. I've seen enough about how some women behave to be 100% sure.

Your opinion on her makes 0 point to Axl's accusation. She could be the worst person on earth and still be beaten up by a violent man.

Personal values and morals have nothing to do with FACTS.

1 hour ago, D.. said:

Women beaters should be put in jail and make a lot of us men look like shit. I despise those assholes. But, unless I'm proven wrong, Axl isn't one of them.

You've been proven wrong when Axl settled those lawsuits out of court. If he was innocent, there would be nothing to pay for.

• GNFNR 2

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I already posted part of this in the Talk is Jericho interview thread in the Slash section

but I thought it should be in main D&N too, since it gives bits of information about the reunion (If, however the mods feel that this thread is redundant, they can merge it with the other one or whatever).

--------------

Slash implied in this interview that they tried to get the original band together (Izzy at least, I guess) but, since it didn't work out, the NuGnR guys were the obvious solution:

Jericho mentioned that it would have been weird to fire all of the Chinese Democracy era GNR members.

Slash said, "That's sort of a bigger subject considering all the different things that went on during that period of trying to figure all that out. But all things considered, when certain things that we were sort of trying to get sorted out didn't work out, Axl's band, that he had been working with literally for 15 years, and so I felt really comfortable with Richard, and Frank was great. So it didn't take rocket science to keep all that together. And just the other stuff that we were trying to do didn't work out. I'm not gonna get into all that though… Even [in] the '90s, we didn't have the original lineup. So it wasn't something that we were, like, going 'Oh my God' about."

https://www.alternativenation.net/slash-what-didnt-work-out-guns-n-roses-reunion/

On working with the NITL lineup and Richard in particular:

Slash: "The GUNS N' ROSES lineup that we've been doing this last couple of years with… It's sort of amazing, because of GUNS N' ROSES' history, but suddenly, it's this really, really well-oiled machine that's super functional," he said. "So the one thing you don't have to worry about is… It's like I walk into a room with me and the band and [we are about] to get to work, everybody is fucking ready to go. So that's a blessing, because when it's disorganized or not everybody is together, it makes it impossible to do this much work. So I don't have that issue to deal with, which is cool. And they don't have to deal with it with me either. [Laughs]"

Slash: "Richard's great. I don't know all of the guys that played guitar with GUNS prior to my coming back — I hadn't met any of them. Richard was the first one… he was there at [the first] rehearsal, and we hit it off automatically. He's one of those guys who's an amazing technician — he's very knowledgable about guitar techniques and all kinds of shit guitar. He's rooted in the same kind of rock guitar and same kind of influences that I am, so we spoke the same language. So, all in all, working with Richard was really a sort of boon for me, because I was doing my thing, and he was doing, on his side, covering it all and also sort of pushing me as a guitar player at the same time. So it's definitely one of those beneficial relationships that we established really early…. It's almost like it was… What's the best way to put it? It's sort of a 'meant to be' kind of thing, because if it would have been somebody else, it might not have worked. But it just happened to work perfectly from the moment I walked in."

On what was discussed between him and Axl:

Slash: "There was definitely some new ground to cover as to some of the catalysts who were causing… And a lot of it was not really between he and I — it had to do with outside parties that were part of the entourage, so to speak — and that explained a lot. But then there was different things between he and I that we needed to talk about because of how we handled those outside influences. So it was just good that we finally did talk, because, shit, man — it was 20 fucking years that we did not say one word to each other… You're talking about two of the stubbornest people you could ever come across."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-current-guns-n-roses-lineup-its-this-really-really-well-oiled-machine-thats-super-functional/

Very funny, he say "You're talking about two of the stubbornest people you could ever come across":lol: if Slash say........

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I already posted part of this in the Talk is Jericho interview thread in the Slash section

but I thought it should be in main D&N too, since it gives bits of information about the reunion (If, however the mods feel that this thread is redundant, they can merge it with the other one or whatever).

--------------

Slash implied in this interview that they tried to get the original band together (Izzy at least, I guess) but, since it didn't work out, the NuGnR guys were the obvious solution:

Jericho mentioned that it would have been weird to fire all of the Chinese Democracy era GNR members.

Slash said, "That's sort of a bigger subject considering all the different things that went on during that period of trying to figure all that out. But all things considered, when certain things that we were sort of trying to get sorted out didn't work out, Axl's band, that he had been working with literally for 15 years, and so I felt really comfortable with Richard, and Frank was great. So it didn't take rocket science to keep all that together. And just the other stuff that we were trying to do didn't work out. I'm not gonna get into all that though… Even [in] the '90s, we didn't have the original lineup. So it wasn't something that we were, like, going 'Oh my God' about."

https://www.alternativenation.net/slash-what-didnt-work-out-guns-n-roses-reunion/

On working with the NITL lineup and Richard in particular:

Slash: "The GUNS N' ROSES lineup that we've been doing this last couple of years with… It's sort of amazing, because of GUNS N' ROSES' history, but suddenly, it's this really, really well-oiled machine that's super functional," he said. "So the one thing you don't have to worry about is… It's like I walk into a room with me and the band and [we are about] to get to work, everybody is fucking ready to go. So that's a blessing, because when it's disorganized or not everybody is together, it makes it impossible to do this much work. So I don't have that issue to deal with, which is cool. And they don't have to deal with it with me either. [Laughs]"

Slash: "Richard's great. I don't know all of the guys that played guitar with GUNS prior to my coming back — I hadn't met any of them. Richard was the first one… he was there at [the first] rehearsal, and we hit it off automatically. He's one of those guys who's an amazing technician — he's very knowledgable about guitar techniques and all kinds of shit guitar. He's rooted in the same kind of rock guitar and same kind of influences that I am, so we spoke the same language. So, all in all, working with Richard was really a sort of boon for me, because I was doing my thing, and he was doing, on his side, covering it all and also sort of pushing me as a guitar player at the same time. So it's definitely one of those beneficial relationships that we established really early…. It's almost like it was… What's the best way to put it? It's sort of a 'meant to be' kind of thing, because if it would have been somebody else, it might not have worked. But it just happened to work perfectly from the moment I walked in."

Slash: "There was definitely some new ground to cover as to some of the catalysts who were causing… And a lot of it was not really between he and I — it had to do with outside parties that were part of the entourage, so to speak — and that explained a lot. But then there was different things between he and I that we needed to talk about because of how we handled those outside influences. So it was just good that we finally did talk, because, shit, man — it was 20 fucking years that we did not say one word to each other… You're talking about two of the stubbornest people you could ever come across."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-current-guns-n-roses-lineup-its-this-really-really-well-oiled-machine-thats-super-functional/

Slash is basically saying

aliens = back up plan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D.. said:

Do you agree that defending yourself against someone violent (Stephanie) isn't being violent? It's not the same as assaulting. I hope we can agree on that, at leat.

As for Erin, I'm pretty sure she will change her story someday. She doesn't strike me as a bad person. Not like Stephanie anyway. She had Erin back her up to make some cash and counter Axl's accusations and keep the jewelry. That's how low she is. Erin must not be proud about it. Why wait several years to go public about it? We see this kind of bullshit happening over and over with the BS #metoo movement, with false claims and easy money grabs (not saying all of it are lies, but some are).

Finally, had Axl admitted he assaulted Erin, or Stephanie, or both of them, I would quit listening to his music. I'm absolutely not supporting women beaters, even if it's "in the past". Women beaters should be put in jail and make a lot of us men look like shit. I despise those assholes. But, unless I'm proven wrong, Axl isn't one of them.

That's serious fan boy stuff... 

Many people have mentioned Axls temper over the years. It can be seen onstage many times also. Erin and Stephanie accused him. Meegan testified. Axl settled. 

I don't need CCTV footage to know what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

So, basically, no crime in this world and no people could be judged or jailed because YOU WERE NOT THERE? :lol:

Your opinion on her makes 0 point to Axl's accusation. She could be the worst person on earth and still be beaten up by a violent man.

Personal values and morals have nothing to do with FACTS.

You've been proven wrong when Axl settled those lawsuits out of court. If he was innocent, there would be nothing to pay for.

You don’t know they are facts unless you have undeniable proof to those claims.

We could say the same about the other side: she received the money and didn’t insist to continue the trial because she just wanted money and she knew that if she kept the ball rollin in court she would lose.

People settle cases out of court the whole time just to stop once and for all with the mess involved. The fact that it happened doesn’t mean anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D.Z.I. said:

You don’t know they are facts unless you have undeniable proof to those claims.

We could say the same about the other side: she received the money and didn’t insist to continue the trial because she just wanted money and she knew that if she kept the ball rollin in court she would lose.

People settle cases out of court the whole time just to stop once and for all with the mess involved. The fact that it happened doesn’t mean anything.

How can anyone ask for X amount of money from someone else and just get it, just like that, because she wanted to? :question:

Stephanie was not his wife and Erin was divorced already.

They both had proof, otherwise, the case would have been dismissed. There were witnesses and there were police reports from the times Axl beated up Erin. There were probably other proofs like hospital bills, photographs, audios.... just because they are not public it doesn't mean they don't exist.

If Axl had been so convinced about his innocence he wouldn't have paid one single buck.

• Like 2

Thanks DZI, that's what I was going to reply. 

The "he paid so he is guilty!" argument is still as laughable and retarded as ever hahaha ; ) 

One more thing: it's easy to make accusations. It's sometimes impossible to prove your innocence.

Just think for one second about this example: if you are accused of something you did not do, say... an ex-girlfriend accuses you of raping her 10 years ago. How are you going to prove for a fact you never did? You can't. It's impossible to prove that it never happened for a fact. It's word against word. 

edit: I hadn't noticed two of the people who are believing Stephanie are girls. Men and women don't see things in the same way. Maybe you relate more to Stephanie because some bad stuff really happened to you in your personal life. As a man, one crazy bitch accused me of something I never did, and it has been a nightmare to prove I was innocent, so I relate to Axl this way. Hope this clears things up a bit.

I can understand why you don't side with Axl if you've had one or two bad experiences with men. However, I don't understand what you are doing on this forum and how you can be a fan if you really think he did it. 

Edited by D..
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, D.. said:

if you are accused of something you did not do, say... an ex-girlfriend accuses you of raping her 10 years ago. How are you going to prove for a fact you never did?

Why would anyone in their sane mind go through the terrible hassle of building up a story about a rape that didn't happen? :question:

That certainly is more bullshit than what happens in real life. Actually, only a 2% of the rape accussations are false. And if it is false, there are tons of element to prove it and to defend yourself, because the more time it has passed, the hardest will be for the accuser to prove what they are saying.

It's not word against word. A good case will not only rely on proof, but also on the mental state of a person, they will be submitted to psychological tests and other stuff. Also, a rapists or abuser hardly does  it only once.... they have a long history that can be traced back if more victims come out.

Stephanie could validate her claims with the help of Erin because Erin had domestic violence reports submitted and it was all public information. If he beated one woman once, it is quite likely that he had beaten others and not only that, he also had all the other non-domestic violence episodes, which sets a record for his violent nature.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, D.. said:

I can understand why you don't side with Axl if you've had one or two bad experiences with men

I don't side with Axl on this. I have not been raped or beaten by a man. I have common sense, men have witnessed Axl hitting women too. 

Why would Erin say the humiliating things Axl did to her in a courtroom? 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why would anyone in their sane mind go through the terrible hassle of building up a story about a rape that didn't happen? :question:

Actually, only a 2% of the rape accussations are false. And if it is false, there are tons of element to prove it and to defend yourself, because the more time it has passed, the hardest will be for the accuser to prove what they are saying.

Is the first question serious? Very easy answer: money. Also, defaming someone, jealousy... there can be a lot of reasons. 

You are incorrect with your "Actually, only a 2% of the rape accussations are false" statement. Actually, between 2 and 10% of the rape accusations are ESTIMATED to be false. That's a huge difference. It's only an estimation, not a concrete data, because it's so hard to prove (from the two points of view). And the difference between 2 and 10% says it all really. Could be even 20%. By the way, I don't mean that most accusations are false, I thought I made it pretty clear. However, I was wrongly accused myself and I know it for a fact. I find it hard to believe I belong in the 2% of false accusations. I think it's a lot more than that. Unless I was extremely unlucky.

As for the rest: please show me concrete proofs about your claims, I do give you the chance of proving me wrong. I may have missed something. From all the things I read on the subject, there were no proof that Axl beat Erin or Stephanie.

My best guess is that he settled it with money because he didn't want to be harassed by this shit anymore, and as a public figure, the pressure of false accusations may have been too much for him. Also, he lost the love of his life and didn't recover as quickly as Stephanie did. He never married and never had kids. That alone tells me a lot about him.

You know, some guys may be pigs, but some guys are more sensitive than any woman I know. 

@janrichmond: thank you, that's the expression I was searching for "common sense". Please excuse my rusty english. I was thinking that you two lacked common sense. But then again, men and women don't view things the same way.

Oh and one more thing while we're at it... Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. It's common sense to me she made all this shit up. He never had a record of being a wife beater. Yet a lot of people swallowed Heard's version without proof and without thinking. They just believed her because she looks so innocent and nice, and Johnny Depp is an alcoholic. It's easy to make someone look crazy when they have problems with drugs. The video where she tricked him is a huge giveaway for me. What kind of a sick person does that to her husband? Thing is, I think Johnny Depp was weak, stupid and a coward to leave Vanessa for this young bitch. I don't know the guy but I really feel for him. He looks completely destroyed and is alone. Amber on the other hand is already dating an ugly rich guy. I bet you think Amber is all innocent and sincere and Johnny is the crazy guy, right? I hope the truth will prove him innocent eventually. 

Edited by D..

33 minutes ago, D.. said:

I bet you think Amber is all innocent and sincere and Johnny is the crazy guy, right? I hope the truth will prove him innocent eventually. 

No i don't believe her at all, Depp has never had accusations about his treatment of women before, even his estranged wife defended him.

Axl has had numerous accusations made. Did any of his exe's stand up and defend him? No.

8 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

No i don't believe her at all, Depp has never had accusations about his treatment of women before, even his estranged wife defended him.

Axl has had numerous accusations made. Did any of his exe's stand up and defend him? No.

Alright, that's kind of reassuring (about Depp), that shows me you are honest with your thoughts.

As for Axl, he didn't have many exes, did he? Maybe groupies, but he was not involved in a lot of serious relationships. Basically it was just Erin and Stephanie who teamed up. Accusations are one thing. Accusations being true is something else entirely. Just show me the proofs ; )

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I am curious as to if there is anything that they like haven't brought up or still disagree with each other on?  Knowing how Axl was with Izzy that one time Izzy mentioned in an interview, where Axl was like "well back in 1989 you said this thing" and all that, I am sure Axl had a tooon of things to vent about or need closure from lol

41 minutes ago, D.. said:

Is the first question serious? Very easy answer: money. Also, defaming someone, jealousy... there can be a lot of reasons.

Yes, very serious. There aren't too many people like that out there. Even for money, that's like the lowest of the lowest.

Not saying that there aren't any woman like that, but trying to make it sound like a big portion of women do this kind of shit is plain BULLSHIT.

Also because, there aren't so many wealthy men in the world.

44 minutes ago, D.. said:

You are incorrect with your "Actually, only a 2% of the rape accussations are false" statement. Actually, between 2 and 10% of the rape accusations are ESTIMATED to be false. That's a huge difference. It's only an estimation, not a concrete data, because it's so hard to prove (from the two points of view). And the difference between 2 and 10% says it all really. Could be even 20%. By the way, I don't mean that most accusations are false, I thought I made it pretty clear. However, I was wrongly accused myself and I know it for a fact. I find it hard to believe I belong in the 2% of false accusations. I think it's a lot more than that. Unless I was extremely unlucky.

I'm not incorrect but you are, with your "estimated" stuff and trying to stretch it to a 20% is wow.... DESPERATION :lol:

Don't know what's your story... what were you accussed of? Rape? Abuse? Domestic violence? Is it solved now or are you still trying to prove your innocence?

The thing is, your personal story has no relevance in what happened between Axl and his exes. Each case is unique, under unique circumstances.

48 minutes ago, D.. said:

As for the rest: please show me concrete proofs about your claims, I do give you the chance of proving me wrong. I may have missed something. From all the things I read on the subject, there were no proof that Axl beat Erin or Stephanie.

If I was in the U.S.A. and more precisely, in Los Angeles, I would gladly go try to collect something from the courts and show you. We could have coffee and read the lawsuit together.

But here it gets quite difficult.... even though you could read that long article by People Magazine, from 1994. I think they had access to all the files and transcribed part of it to the article.

There's also that famous DV report that Erin herself auctioned and there are other women who also talked about him being violent.

I think they are all reliable witnesses because most of these women didn't know each other and they all have talked at different times.

1 hour ago, D.. said:

My best guess is that he settled it with money because he didn't want to be harassed by this shit anymore, and as a public figure, the pressure of false accusations may have been too much for him. Also, he lost the love of his life and didn't recover as quickly as Stephanie did. He never married and never had kids. That alone tells me a lot about him.

Yes, that tells a lot about his mental state, which is BAD.

A violent guy, not only to women but to other men as well. All proven everywhere.

He settled because he isn't innocent. If I was innocent, I'd never pay one cent to any fucking liar. I'd rather go to jail than pay to liars. I have a strong sense of justice.