Whatever happened to the GN'R biopic?

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Personally, however, I would be kinda curious to see a movie loosely based on modern day Axl that tells the story of a middle-aged, out-of-shape has-been who has become a parody of himself and has replaced every member of his band with a bunch of hacks and must now work to make amends with (most) of his classic band mates and associates in order to try to regain at least some of his credibility, and as icing on the cake also gets to sing for another classic band that was an influence on him at the same time.

So basically a movie about a fictional band that takes inspiration from the 2014-2016 era when we were transitioning from the Ashba/Bumblefoot/Stinson/Pitman joke of a lineup to NITL. You could have loose imagery and flashbacks of the fictional band's equivalent of "AFD" and "UYI" in order to add a little bit of "mythic" weight to the story (i.e. Legendary washed-up rocker trying to regain his former glory).

I'd love this, imagine a Spinal Tap-like mockumentary! That could be great!

• Like 1