Nirvana Reunion

oldnews

https://metalheadzone.com/rumor-nirvana-might-announce-massive-tour-soon/

why would anyone want this? Kurt is dead, Krist has been in lame country bands and hasn't done anything that has rocked in years and these days Dave Grohl is the James Corden of rock

some bands work without original members but it was Kurt's band, it'd be like Simply Red replacing Mick Hucknall

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Oh god no!!

I can see Courtmey doing the Nirvana songs. It would be shambolic Nirvana style just to have whoever on stage for a few shows. Not really a juggrnaut tour. 

Maybe Dave will sing with Pat Smear playimg Kurt’s guitar parts. 

6 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Well i think the only logical solution for a singer would be Axl surely

That'd piss Kurts eternal soul off eh? :lol:  I think fans get too precious about this shit, I mean its not like Kurts around anyway so what difference does it make if a bunch of musicians get together and play. 

• Like 3

Please don't tarnish Nirvana by doing a "reunion"

I cant think of a band that would fair worse without having a key member than Nirvana. In this case Kurt was THE key member. It doesn't exist without him, all respect to Krist and Grohl.

Edited by -W.A.R-

You can't do a "reunion" without Kurt. That's just nuts!

I doubt Dave or the other guy would want to do it. It's not right.

After reading Duff's book about his meeting with Kurt, I felt badly about Kurt's passing. I was a Nirvana fan, but not overly. Hearing what Duff had to say made me realize how sad and depressed Kurt must have been to take his life and I also wish somehow if he and Duff had connected more, Kurt might have not taken his life. But we can't go back and it sucks.

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor chad cobain

WTF? God no! This would be so fucked up on many scales.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

That'd piss Kurts eternal soul off eh? :lol:  I think fans get too precious about this shit, I mean its not like Kurts around anyway so what difference does it make if a bunch of musicians get together and play. 

Maybe just have a ton of guest singers. Dave sings a few. It’s basically like GNR touring without Izzy. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

After reading Duff's book about his meeting with Kurt, I felt badly about Kurt's passing. I was a Nirvana fan, but not overly. Hearing what Duff had to say made me realize how sad and depressed Kurt must have been to take his life and I also wish somehow if he and Duff had connected more, Kurt might have not taken his life. But we can't go back and it sucks.

If his daughter, who he absolutely adored and loved more than anything else, couldn't prevent him from killing himself, I doubt Duff, who was basically a stranger on a plane, could have stopped him.

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s basically like GNR touring without Izzy. 

Heeeeeeeell no.

No Kurt, no Nirvana. Maybe do a one-off show next year for the 25th anniversary of his death, and bring out a bunch of different singers (like the Freddie tribute show) but even that would be odd. It'd be a shame if they tried to tour the Nirvana brand, they couldn't do it properly and shouldn't do it at all, but it's a money-maker so it wouldn't surprise me either...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

If his daughter, who he absolutely adored and loved more than anything else, couldn't prevent him from killing himself, I doubt Duff, who was basically a stranger on a plane, could have stopped him.

Heeeeeeeell no.

Both have the 2 important members but are missing the main songwriter. 

It will be fine. As long as they learn to resurrect people from dead and share the loot equally...

Seriously speaking, doing a one-time deal with guest singers, like it's suggested here, would be the only sensible way to do it. (Even though Dave has a good voice I wouldn't want to see him as vocalist in this case) And the money could be donated to charity if Krist doesn't want it and Dave doesn't need it. Or just do it for free.  

BTW @wasted  as much as I love the guy, Gn'R without Izzy is not the same as Nirvana without Kurt. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

3 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

It will be fine. As long as they learn to resurrect people from dead and share the loot equally...

Seriously speaking, doing a one-time deal with guest singers, like it's suggested here, would be the only sensible way to do it. (Even though Dave has a good voice I wouldn't want to see him as vocalist in this case) And the money could be donated to charity if Krist doesn't want it and Dave doesn't need it. Or just do it for free.  

BTW @wasted  as much as I love the guy, Gn'R without Izzy is not the same as Nirvana without Kurt. 

“basically like” and “not the same”

Imagine if Axl and Slash joined Nirvana. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

“basically like” and “not the same”

IMO I don't think "basically like" fits in that sentence either, but that's just me. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Imagine if Axl and Slash joined Nirvana. 

Axl doing a snake dance and singing "Rape me"... That would be a sight. :blink:

8 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

IMO I don't think "basically like" fits in that sentence either, but that's just me. 

Axl doing a snake dance and singing "Rape me"... That would be a sight. :blink:

I’m not the only one. 

On a Plain would be good with Axl. 

12 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Except Izzy wasn't the only main songwriter in GnR, while Kurt obviously was.

True but I said it was “like” not “exactly like”. Start taking Izzy’s songs out of the set list. 

The Nirvana reunion would be more like a tribute concert. It would more like a Greatest Hits show. 

You can basically have a set of Nirvana songs played by Pat Smear with Courtney singing. It would probably work like GNR doing Brownstone or YCBM. 

But I get what your saying Axl and Slash have a real connection to the songs. So it would be like Nu Guns. But Courtney and Smear have a connection too. It’s just less direct if not more emotional. 

Edited by wasted

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

True but I said it was “like” not “exactly like”. Start taking Izzy’s songs out of the set list. 

The Nirvana reunion would be more like a tribute concert. 

Not even close, though. When Izzy left GnR it was still GnR because there were still two main songwriters in the band, or three if you want to consider Duff as a main songwriter, and the GnR sound was still, somewhat, intact. Taking Kurt out of Nirvana would completely change the band.

Edited by EvanG

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Not even close, though. When Izzy left GnR it was still GnR because there were still two main songwriters in the band, or three if you want to consider Duff as a main songwriter, and the GnR sound was still, somewhat, intact. Taking Kurt out of Nirvana would completely change the band.

I’m talking about playing a reunion tribute show, not reforming the band. Courtney/Smear have some kind conection to those songs, so it might work like a Nu Guns style reunion. 

Edited by wasted