Recommend me songs like these

Gordon Comstock

Maybe you already know these. First video is Apex Twin, been listening a lot lately. This song is 'complete' but a lot of his recordings have unfinished or underdeveloped tracks which can really get the imagination going. Second two are from Kate Bush's immersive Double Album, Aerial. Lots of pastoral, nature sounds mixed with a "studio as an instrument" modern production. Fan made vids.

It gets as upbeat as this:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mendez said:

This one's nice, thanks for posting it. I like their catchy mellow stuff like this, Zephyr Song, Soul to Squeeze, etc.

14 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

More artists like this please.

11 hours ago, soon said:

Maybe you already know these. First video is Apex Twin, been listening a lot lately. This song is 'complete' but a lot of his recordings have unfinished or underdeveloped tracks which can really get the imagination going. Second two are from Kate Bush's immersive Double Album, Aerial. Lots of pastoral, nature sounds mixed with a "studio as an instrument" modern production. Fan made vids.

It gets as upbeat as this:

The birds and laughter in that last video are too much :lol: I like parts of those songs though but something doesn't click for me. I've heard some Apex Twin songs and he's alright, I don't really like or dislike him.

10 hours ago, wasted said:

Rock Action - Mogwai

First couple tracks are pretty good, I'll listen to the whole album tonight/tomorrow.

Come On Die Young - Mogwai

was probably their best album.

Young Team was the debut.

Their live shows are like alien landings. 

I don’t normally like Pink Floyd or Radiohead type stuff but Mogwai are more instrumental and mellow. There’s somekind of ascending feeling or something. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The birds and laughter in that last video are too much :lol: I like parts of those songs though but something doesn't click for me. I've heard some Apex Twin songs and he's alright, I don't really like or dislike him.

If you dont love Kate Bush then you need awesome lessons! :P Nah, I dont know why I would show her to someone anymore - no ones ever enjoyed it! Her laughing with chirping birds made perfect sense to me until you noted it :lol:

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Not trippy by any means, but it's new, laid back, and you can smoke to it.

Fun fact: He opened for Guns in Nashville on the first leg of the NITL tour.

I've liked the few of his songs I've heard, I've been meaning to start going through his stuff but haven't got to it for whatever reason. Should I start with the Traveller album?

1 hour ago, soon said:

If you dont love Kate Bush then you need awesome lessons! :P Nah, I dont know why I would show her to someone anymore - no ones ever enjoyed it! Her laughing with chirping birds made perfect sense to me until you noted it :lol:

The first Kate Bush song was nice, I can see the appeal, but yea she's um..... 'eccentric'? :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've liked the few of his songs I've heard, I've been meaning to start going through his stuff but haven't got to it for whatever reason. Should I start with the Traveller album?

Yeah start with Traveller. Great album. His other two, From a Room Vol. 1 and 2 are both great too. Traveller is #1 though. And it's one of those things where if you don't like that one you probably won't like what comes after. He's good though. Highly recommended.

Tennessee Whiskey was the big hit off Traveller, but this is probably my favorite from it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

To contextualise this Lydon is a massive Kate Bush fan from back in the day.

• Like 1

Fucking brilliant - Kate Bush takes the stage to applause, coo's twice and announces "I've just come!" due to the adulation :lol:. Makes it seem that she and Lydon might have even more in common than just unyielding creativity and authenticity - a 'fuck off' wit.

I didnt know Lydon was a fan. Now I feel like I'm in good company. Cool to see that exchange. Kate Bush has a reggae infused song from the same album I posted from above, too. Its the album she references in her speech, finally came out 3 years later and is basically an exploration of the domestic bliss and artist-without-a-deadline lifestyle that she alludes to.