Is Rock in Río 2011 the worst concert of Guns n' Roses?

AxlShadows

On 9/22/2019 at 5:16 PM, MrSpaghetti said:

Should we consider Hollywood Palladium 2019?

I was just listening to a bootleg of this show and honestly I don't think it is a bad gig!  He is more clean voiced, but it isn't bad and the band themselves were great.  The small gig setting I think gave the band a more energetic vibe, songs like RQ have a more immediate energy

On 1/3/2022 at 5:56 PM, Tom2112 said:

I remember this story, certainly plausible. Only issue I have with this is that GNR didn't play in the UK at all in 2011 so why would Axl have a yellow jacket in storage over there?

Axl is certainly crazy enough to expect someone to do this, but I think it's just a myth.... Maybe @Fernandowill confirm or deny this story for us "ah...that's a question for management....doh!!:facepalm:"

Not sure about this story but I read this story a year ago about a roadie who made tea for Axl in December 2000 when a guy hired literally just to make tea for Axl didn't show up. The guy was also supposed to travel to Rio with the band solely to do this.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/a-rare-glimpse-into-the-mundane-world-of-axl-rose

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, Tadsy said:

WTF happened to Axl Rose between 2006 (specifically the rock am ring gig in Germany) and this show in 2011???

meds from bipolar disorder and a breakdown could be the anwser, the 2010 crsisi with the new album being neglected by the discography could do the trick to 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:22 AM, darkside259 said:

meds from bipolar disorder and a breakdown could be the anwser, the 2010 crsisi with the new album being neglected by the discography could do the trick to 

Such a huge change in appearance in such a short time. 

• 6 months later...

Watched some of RIR 2011, whoever did "backing vocals" (i.e shouting) on Chinese Democracy seemed to not hear themselves, it's chaotic with some dude on stage trying to scrape off the rainwater, and Axl is.. well, not in the best of shapes to put it nicely 😁 

Whoever said he looks like you would expect at 49 - plenty of 49 year olds look way better than that. I'm 43 and he looks like he could be my dad (he dances like a dad too, lol). I think he looks better now, 10+ years later.

Berlin 2018 - watched ISE and Mr Brownstone, sounded pretty good but then again, these songs suit Axl's lower register well. 

9 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

Watched some of RIR 2011, whoever did "backing vocals" (i.e shouting) on Chinese Democracy seemed to not hear themselves, it's chaotic with some dude on stage trying to scrape off the rainwater, and Axl is.. well, not in the best of shapes to put it nicely 😁 

I remember hearing someone sounding like a dying duck during Jungle back then. I think it was Pitman. It was distracting. 

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I remember hearing someone sounding like a dying duck during Jungle back then. I think it was Pitman. It was distracting. 

"Dying duck" 😂 Sounds a bit like that on CD, it's the first song of the show.

And something sounds totally off with the guitars on the bridge on Jungle, like they're off rhythm. Seems the sound really was a huge issue 

• Haha 1