Oh My God on Vinyl!

zigzagbigbag

5 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

In December dutch reissue label MOV will release the End Of Days soundtrack on vinyl for the first time. 

Hence, we will get OMG for the first time on vinyl, too. 

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/end-of-days#.W_EtUha1LYU

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah.

It seriously irritates the shit out of me that there's only one GN'R song that i can't get on vinyl. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pre-order that soundtrack. Thanks for the heads up!

edit-
Ordered!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This is going to sound snobby, but I've always avoided that bootleg. I was always crossing my fingers for an official vinyl release. 

This LP has a very good sound quality and is one of my favourite (unofficial) items from GN'R.

Edited by Sosso

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 4:22 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

In December dutch reissue label MOV will release the End Of Days soundtrack on vinyl for the first time. 

Hence, we will get OMG for the first time on vinyl, too. 

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/end-of-days#.W_EtUha1LYU

Mine was just delivered. Thanks again for the heads up on this! 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, RussTCB said:

I might consider getting this!  Can you tell if the vinyl has a different mastering or if it is sourced from the digital mastering of the original release?  Oh My God from the CD suffers from tons of digital clipping and if this version is without it I would jump at the chance to get it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Depends on your definition of "better" haha.

I have the End Of Days Soundtrack on vinyl and, for me personally, OMG does sound the best I've ever heard it. HOWEVER, you have to realize that it's the same master track that would have been used for CD & digital. It's not like it was remastered or anything. I just happen to think it's a little clearer with a much wider sound stage coming from vinyl. Just my humble opinion on it. 

Thanks for the insight! Have you ever listened to the version played in the credits of the film? It sounds noticeably cleaner to me, only bummer is they cut the guitar solo short. The copy of the movie I have it on Blu ray.

17 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Thanks for the insight! Have you ever listened to the version played in the credits of the film? It sounds noticeably cleaner to me, only bummer is they cut the guitar solo short. The copy of the movie I have it on Blu ray.

I haven't heard that version but I may need to check it out. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't heard that version but I may need to check it out. 

It sounded like a better mix, even with my stock Samsung TV speakers. I always thought if someone could rip the stereo mix of that from the movie, and splice in the missing part of the guitar solo into it from the single, it would be the best mix we have. 

You could probably find the DVD or Blu-ray for next to nothing with that film. The film itself is OK. If I ever find a copy locally for cheap I can always grab it for you since we're fairly local.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It sounded like a better mix, even with my stock Samsung TV speakers. I always thought if someone could rip the stereo mix of that from the movie, and splice in the missing part of the guitar solo into it from the single, it would be the best mix we have. 

You could probably find the DVD or Blu-ray for next to nothing with that film. The film itself is OK. If I ever find a copy locally for cheap I can always grab it for you since we're fairly local.

Right on. I forget where you're from exactly, not sure if you told me and I forgot lol. I'm over near the Livonia / Novi area. 

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Right on. I forget where you're from exactly, not sure if you told me and I forgot lol. I'm over near the Livonia / Novi area. 

Grand Rapids area. Bummer about the canceled Detroit show. I hope they re-schedule for later this year.

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Grand Rapids area. Bummer about the canceled Detroit show. I hope they re-schedule for later this year.

Oh, right on. One of my best friends lives over your way in Jenison. He's got a great listening area and he's helped me a lot with mine. 

If you wanna check out my listening area, watch this video 

My setup is the second one featured. 

• Like 2