Oh My God on Vinyl!

zigzagbigbag

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, right on. One of my best friends lives over your way in Jenison. He's got a great listening area and he's helped me a lot with mine. 

If you wanna check out my listening area, watch this video 

My setup is the second one featured. 

Awesome, thanks! Jenison is a nice area. I'll check it out after work. 

• Like 1

On 22/5/2020 at 1:08 PM, RussTCB said:

Depends on your definition of "better" haha.

I have the End Of Days Soundtrack on vinyl and, for me personally, OMG does sound the best I've ever heard it. HOWEVER, you have to realize that it's the same master track that would have been used for CD & digital. It's not like it was remastered or anything. I just happen to think it's a little clearer with a much wider sound stage coming from vinyl. Just my humble opinion on it. 

Thanks for this!

A question came to mind while reading, if OMG was recorded digitally wouldn't it sound better on CD than Vinyl, the vinyl being an analogue format, would it be a loss of generation? :shrugs:

I'll still buy the fucking thing :lol: It was everything I hoped the new GNR would be when I heard it, alas not what CD turned out to be. But OMG is in my GNR top 20 for sure.... 

6 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Thanks for this!

A question came to mind while reading, if OMG was recorded digitally wouldn't it sound better on CD than Vinyl, the vinyl being an analogue format, would it be a loss of generation? :shrugs:

I'll still buy the fucking thing :lol: It was everything I hoped the new GNR would be when I heard it, alas not what CD turned out to be. But OMG is in my GNR top 20 for sure.... 

The only reason answer to that question is that it's all a matter of opinion. If you went to 100 "vinyl experts" or "music experts" and asked that, you're gonna get 100 different answers haha. 

I love OMG and it was the one GN'R song I didn't have on vinyl so I was going to buy the End Of Days Soundtrack either way. 

To me, it does sound better but again it's all incredibly objective. 

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 11:08 AM, RussTCB said:

Oh, right on. One of my best friends lives over your way in Jenison. He's got a great listening area and he's helped me a lot with mine. 

If you wanna check out my listening area, watch this video 

My setup is the second one featured. 

What the fuck Russ, that setup is amazing! That might be the coolest room I've ever seen.

Also you have Moonwalker and MJ's Thriller coat in there?! Dude I'm jealous!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crazyman said:

What the fuck Russ, that setup is amazing! That might be the coolest room I've ever seen.

Also you have Moonwalker and MJ's Thriller coat in there?! Dude I'm jealous!

<MJ nerd correction> it's the Beat It jacket, not Thriller, but yeah, I spent YEARS looking for an exact replica of that jacket. It seriously took over a decade to find exactly the one I wanted, so I had to have it. 

In any case, thank you! I mentioned this before, but it's taken my since early 2011 to get the room the way it is, which has included a lot of help from friends :)

I love sharing the room with people. I held a pre party for the GN'R tour kick off back in 2016 and we had a blast all day! I have people over nearly every Friday to spin records and we always have a great time. If you ever find yourself near Detroit for any reason, hit me up! 

• Like 2