Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, soon said:

. Toss in the KKK,

The KKK is an irrelevant organization now it's basically just a few hicks in the woods down south compared to a hundred years ago. The fact is that the right  wing militia movements you speak of have basically no power now.  The leftist organizations now that are destroying American cities on the other hand thats another discussion.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Well considering the 80s was closer to the Civil War (and return of that flag in the 50s) than the 2010s I'd say yes? lol

Nazi Germany & the Confederated South is in no way shape or form a proper comparison to make ... At all ... 

You don't seem to get what I'm saying.

The meaning people give to symbols, words etc. may change overtime and taken out of historical context, and that doesn't necessarily have to do with the closer proximity to the events.

And I didn't compare Nazi Germany and the Confederate South. The point was about being on the wrong side. And the Confederacy was the wrong side in the Civil War - or you don't agree? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The KKK is an irrelevant organization now it's basically just a few hicks in the woods down south compared to a hundred years ago. The fact is that the right  wing militia movements you speak of have basically no power now.  The leftist organizations now that are destroying American cities on the other hand thats another discussion.

Oh? Which leftist organizations are destroying America? Is comrade Axls band  Guns N’ Roses one of them?? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Yeah I hear ya on that!

As an FYI to some of the earlier posts re Civil War I’m pretty sure Duff wrote a chunk of the lyrics. 

According to Axl (and Duff has also mentioned only these lines as his) the part Duff wrote was D'you wear a black armband / When they shot the man / Who said "Peace could last forever"

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

You don't seem to get what I'm saying.

The meaning people give to symbols, words etc. may change overtime and taken out of historical context, and that doesn't necessarily have to do with the closer proximity to the events.

And I didn't compare Nazi Germany and the Confederate South. The point was about being on the wrong side. And the Confederacy was the wrong side in the Civil War - or you don't agree? 

No, I understand what you're saying. I won't answer your question however because I don't want to get into a serious discussion about our civil war on the social media thread for GNR lol & also based off what I see posted here on average most of the users of this forum are very liberal and I don't want to be ostracized & attacked for my opinions on such a touchy subject.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Nah its the peace loving San Francisco hippies.:lol: Those damn hippies and their organic crap.

:lol:

I’m literally harvesting my organic chives and listening to the Grateful Dead as we speak! :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No, I understand what you're saying. I won't answer your question however because I don't want to get into a serious discussion about our civil war on the social media thread for GNR lol & also based off what I see posted here on average most of the users of this forum are very liberal and I don't want to be ostracized & attacked for my opinions on such a touchy subject.

Fair enough :)

33 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh? Which leftist organizations are destroying America? Is comrade Axls band  Guns N’ Roses one of them?? :P

I've seen a few gems in Axl's twitter. According to one of the replies, Axl is "the marxist son of the 80's" who wants "complete anarchy". :lol:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Drexl said:

Funny how 'liberal' has become a derogatory term. Newspeak at its best. Just like so-called political correctness.

It just the colloquial label for the modern 'leftist' (which is also a nebulous term).

Which is in itself a bit silly because these groups tend much more authoritarian than liberal.

But good to see the social media thread has derailed into politics GNR's social media team on point as ever with content posting.

It's weird to me that big bands like GNR don't even have Tik Tok accounts. What do their teams do all day?

2 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I think that's what they want you to believe, and have been working on for decades now! it's definitely more than a few hicks down south. They have affiliates all over the world! lots of right wing people who associate with their ideals.  

So GNR eh... anyone see Slash's latest post :D 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

You are the  America is crumbling FBI!!:P

I wish I could take it down by way of organic gardening. But sadly I dont think I can take credit. :lol:

I just dunked on you so hard that my balls ache. :headbang::P To your credit, you didnt try to defend a single one of your points. And as you were graciously indicating your desire to just take the 'L' some of your right wing counterparts liked your post :lol: If anything, I think thats why Muruca is crumbling - because either they couldnt tell that you were admitting defeat by way of omission, or maybe they just cheer for faulty logic and misappropriated terms? :shrugs::lol:

45 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think that's what they want you to believe, and have been working on for decades now! it's definitely more than a few hicks down south. They have affiliates all over the world! lots of right wing people who associate with their ideals.  

Nobody has caught on.  How recent is this post?  If very recent then it could be potentially exciting, certainly deserves some attention.

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No doubt you'll get hit from all angles here if you're not a liberal.  I'm not sure what your stance is on political issues but I suggest heading over to the U.S Politics thread and speak your mind.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

What did he say?

I've moved all political posts and discussion from the Social Media thread into this one. As it's likely Axl will make quite a few between now and November can we please put them in here and keep the SM thread for more general band stuff.

Thanks

• Like 2

I just hope Axl (and the band as a whole) stays out of the political mud slinging in the run up to November.

Liked Axl's last Twitter post, hopefully he keeps that tone with any further posts.

Would love him to post literally anything music/band related instead though.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You make it sound as if Axl didn't get shit back then. But he did get a lot of shit about all the things you mention (except for the confederate flag probably, because I guess most people understood it had to do with the presentation of the song).

To clarify, his career was not affected at all by any controversy.

17 hours ago, Swampfox said:

No doubt you'll get hit from all angles here if you're not a liberal.  I'm not sure what your stance is on political issues but I suggest heading over to the U.S Politics thread and speak your mind.

I'm here for GNR & that's it ... I have FB & Twitter for politics 

• Like 1