Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

I think this is  a big problem with Trump supporters in regards to disability issues. Monday night and yesterday morning, I was verbally attacked by a Trump supporter on Facebook. A high school acquaintance posted a question regarding the electability of Biden. My high school acquaintance  is a big time Trump supporter. I mentioned  that Biden can win the election. I was then asked why. I stated Trump doesn't have leadership skills. One of his friends/acquaintance  made an ambiguous remark about my profile picture and started to verbally attack me for no reason. The verbal attack went further than your typical insult of disagreeing with someone. He and I exchanged insults. As the argument grew, other people that I knew defended me. One person stated  that the person attacking me was doing so due  to my disability and it was starting to become obvious.  As it turned out, the guy attacking me pretty much admitted that he was doing so  due to my disability.  My high school acquaintance apologized to me in a private message as a result. 

Biden has a stutter, which is can be a disability issue. 

Verbally attacked on Facebook? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

American Progress is your source? Lol.

It is a state problem because each individual state has its own levels and infections. What the constitution says  in the tenth amendment 

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Given how vast, varied, and unevenly populated the United States is, it makes sense that state sovereignty would prevail in many coronavirus policy decisions. As the Trump administration rightly understands, a one-size-fits-all national policy is — on some questions — an imprecise tool with which to combat the pandemic. This makes sense. California, with a sixth of the world’s economy and a population of 40 million, is a commonwealth unto itself in Jeffersonian terms. New York is still known as the Empire State. With a population of almost 20 million, and one of the five most important cities on the planet, New York has a significance and a set of challenges that sets it apart from most other states.

I guess the pandemic team that President Obama set up and Trump tore down was a state issue?? I guess the person who was in charge of letting the United States government know about diseases in China is a state issue? Please give me a freaking break. 

5 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Verbally attacked on Facebook? 

It was written.  Made a mistake there. 

Edited by Draguns

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I guess the pandemic team that President Obama set up and Trump tore down was a state issue?? I guess the person who was in charge of letting the United States government know about China's  disease is a state issue? Please give me a freaking break. 

Where did i state is solely a state issue? I said the states decide if they want to follow federal policy(if needed) or to do their own thing. Trump directs the broad national response but its up to each individual Governor to ultimately decide what  to do. Also I remember the Ebola and H1N1 scares. No one was praising Obama then. More people were infected with H1N1 then Covid- but because it was Obama there was no mass panic and lock downs if it was Romney or McCain  in power then it would be a different story.

Its called Federalism.

19 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Where did i state is solely a state issue? I said the states decide if they want to follow federal policy(if needed) or to do their own thing. Trump directs the broad national response but its up to each individual Governor to ultimately decide what  to do. Also I remember the Ebola and H1N1 scares. No one was praising Obama then. More people were infected with H1N1 then Covid- but because it was Obama there was no mass panic and lock downs if it was Romney or McCain  in power then it would be a different story.

Its called Federalism.

If you want to claim that Covid is a state issue, why did Trump send Federal forces into Portland? 

Also you may want to read up on H1N1 vs. COVID. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

What has Trump done that has benefitted you and the United States? Nothing. All he has done is provide more chaos and division. As a moderate liberal, I  can say that I didn't agree with Regan and Bushes on a lot of things. However, at least Reagan, two Bushes, Clinton, and Obama have provided leadership when there was a crisis. Trump has not done so. He hasn't been doing it with Covid at all. All he does is cry on Twitter instead of doing his job.  

Reagan ignored the AIDs crisis for a long time. Not sure he belongs on that list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Draguns said:

Trump bragged that he passed a test for dementia. Why would he take it?  There has to be a reason for him taking a test like that. Someone had to suspect something for him to take a test like that. There's something not right with him. Similar to Nixon, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out 10-20 years from now that Trump has some mental health issues. 

All candidates that are 'of' a certain age are intended to take cognitive health tests. So imo both candidates for the race should take one.

Now see the hubbub over people asking if Biden's previous words about 'testing' mean he's now doubling back on what he said.

6 hours ago, Draguns said:

You do realize there was no Federal leadership, right?!

I mean they did send a literal hospital ship to NYC. 

As it stands I think Trump and Biden would be in a tight race. But the campaign of both parties is starting to really ramp up and depending on the likes of VP picks and debates we might see big channges. 

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

All candidates that are 'of' a certain age are intended to take cognitive health tests. So imo both candidates for the race should take one.

Now see the hubbub over people asking if Biden's previous words about 'testing' mean he's now doubling back on what he said.

I mean they did send a literal hospital ship to NYC. 

As it stands I think Trump and Biden would be in a tight race. But the campaign of both parties is starting to really ramp up and depending on the likes of VP picks and debates we might see big channges. 

I don't think that is true. From recent experience of a close family member  having early stage dementia, you have to ask the doctor to do the test or the doctor has to notice symptoms.  There's also this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-bragging-cognitive-test-dementia/2020/07/22/6578e826-cb65-11ea-91f1-28aca4d833a0_story.html

The hospital ship didn't do much when it was here. It was here for  a very short time and treated only 79 patients. https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/04/30/hospital-ship-comfort-departs-nyc-having-treated-fewer-than-200-patients/

Additionally, I wouldn't call that leadership. Trump had thought that the virus would only hit blue states. 

Edited by Draguns

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I don't think that is true. From recent experience of a close family member  having early stage dementia, you have to ask the doctor to do the test or the doctor has to notice symptoms.

As far as I know Trump was referring to the standard 'cognitive test' that candidates do.  I'd also suggest taking anything in the Washington Post with a heap of salt, that article read more than a little biased and failed to address Biden's gaffs. 

I think it's crazy that both parties have put forward someone in their 70's as their candidate. But as long as both are fighting fit they'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

The hospital ship didn't do much when it was here. It was here for  a very short time and treated only 79 patients.

Be that as it may it is still Federal aid (I think?).

Perhaps if it had been put to better use NY would be in a better position?

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

As far as I know Trump was referring to the standard 'cognitive test' that candidates do.  I'd also suggest taking anything in the Washington Post with a heap of salt, that article read more than a little biased and failed to address Biden's gaffs. 

I think it's crazy that both parties have put forward someone in their 70's as their candidate. But as long as both are fighting fit they'll be fine. 

Be that as it may it is still Federal aid (I think?).

Perhaps if it had been put to better use NY would be in a better position?

NY and NJ contained the virus now. Both states are only 4 states that have been able to contain the virus. 

Regarding Trump, it's not part of their "standard" medical testing. For something like that, you have to request it.  Additionally, it wasn't made clear as to when the testing was done. Regardless, it's pretty evident that he has some type of mental health issue. 

Lastly, if you don't believe the Washington Post then you can read  other articles. I would love to  share some Bloomberg articles, but can't due to company policy.  

13 hours ago, Draguns said:

If you want to claim that Covid is a state issue, why did Trump send Federal forces into Portland? 

Federal forces were sent in to Portland because antifa is firebombing a FEDERAL court house and those fall under FEDERAL jurisdiction. Just because it's within a state doesn't mean anything in this case lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, daile1bm said:

Federal forces were sent in to Portland because antifa is firebombing a FEDERAL court house and those fall under FEDERAL jurisdiction. Just because it's within a state doesn't mean anything in this case lol

This. An appropriate reaction. 

39 minutes ago, daile1bm said:

Also likely to look "good" to his supporters for the election 

4 minutes ago, Mendez said:

I mean of all the things he's done good or bad, not letting buildings get burned down should be an easy good look for any candidate. Sending them in for things like statues might be a little more controversial, but even then, they're federal property and he has the right (and duty IMO) to protect them, to a point.

46 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Did you see who's running against Trump? Trump could probably act twice as bad as he normally does, and still win the upcoming election. His opponent sometimes doesn't know where he is, or what is he doing in the moment. Assuming the Democrats let him debate Trump, it's going to be bad for Biden. I'm not implying Trump is smarter, he simply is a master at debating, right or wrong. 

I'm not fond of the federal power in this country, and in many ways see it abused and think it should be reduced, but I don't think they acted out of hand in this instance. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, fantomas said:

I don't hate people more successful than me. I hate Trump because he's a racist, sexist, homophobic, hateful piece of shit. I hated him when he was on Howard Stern, I hated him when was on The Apprentice, I hated him when he was a self-labeled Democrat, and I hate him as President. Not because he is more successful than me, but because he stands for everything I don't.  He has devastated America and pushed us to the brink of civil war. I hope he's gone in November. If he isn't, it will send a loud message to the world that we don't give a shit about anyone but white straight males. I've never really liked it when celebs get political, but we need to take notice of how fucked up things are now. We are heading down a dark and dangerous path.

This. Well fucking said too :headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daile1bm said:

I'm actually done debating this. Believe what you want. If you notice, the violence stopped when Federal forces left.   Lastly, U.S. generals such as Colin Powell have disapproved armed forces being used towards American citizens. Anyway, I'm done.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I'm actually done debating this. Believe what you want. If you notice, the violence stopped when Federal forces left.   Lastly, U.S. generals such as Colin Powell have disapproved armed forces being used towards American citizens. Anyway, I'm done.  

So you're telling me that people only got violent because federal troops were present? Nice cope. They put up a barrier and were protecting the building from inside it. The rioters could have left whenever they wanted but instead they were throwing molotov cocktails, fireworks, and bombs at the troops and actively trying to rip down the fence and when they did get through, they stormed inside. Colin Powell can suck my ass too btw. He's probably the most pro-establishment general you could bring up lol. Am i supposed to care because he worked within GWB's cabinet or something? Fuck him and fuck the commies that have been rioting and reeking havoc for 2+ months now.

Edited by daile1bm
  • Like 1