Jump to content

Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Scary thing is thst they have Joe Biden up against him. Some outrageous gaffes or death of age could quickly grant The Donald another four year as the most powerful man on earth. It boggles the mind. Americans are crazy, Democrats and Republicans alike. 

They sure are! 

Love you all though, you mad yanks! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine with Axl posting his political views. I mean, I'm quite opinionated when it comes to politics and, on occasion, I share my views online, so I'm not about to tell anyone else that they can't d

Am i the only one more interested in that giant cow? 

Your hatred for Axl is getting out of hand. Let it go.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm not a big fan of the man, but he will have my vote again for a few reasons. Trump supporter? Perhaps in a certain light, I usually get into arguments with Trump supports because I'm not afraid to call out his flaws.

My beliefs are shocking to both parties, so I'm a misfit nearly everywhere I go. 

Most of the friends I have left are through a few hobbies, and coworkers, and here of course :)

Those must be some quite fringe beliefs?

As a lefty I can relate to being outside the mainstream of both your parties. Luckily for me, Liberals are too out to lunch to know if they should be shocked by my beliefs or not most of the time. :lol: They seem more shocked that Im no parroting their media word for word. :lol: Yet I have lefty comrades, along with friends of various political affiliations.

What beliefs of yours do people find so shocking? Must be something serious if you feel alienated to some extent because of them?

Also what are your hobbies? I like paper making and cooking (both usually a solitary activity in my case). :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, soon said:

What beliefs of yours do people find so shocking? Must be something serious if you feel alienated to some extent because of them?

Also what are your hobbies? I like paper making and cooking (both usually a solitary activity in my case). :) 

I don't share my beliefs with most people I interact with in-person of course, but they eventually figure it out if they spend any lengthy time with me.

I collect, and shoot exotic firearms. Short barreled rifles, suppressors, machine guns (soon) etc. The kinds most in the media would like to see banned (most are already heavily restricted)  What I'm into, specifically, is a very niche type and all are valuable and rare pieces.

I also collect some old Americana and Soviet era stuff. I live alone in a fairly large house and have an entire guest room dedicated to Soviet era items. My lower level also has interesting items on display, including a handful of various deactivated rocket launchers. 

I also spend a lot of time with my cat, and document our life on YouTube.

As for beliefs, they are mostly libertarian. I believe everyone should be left alone, so long as they are not actively hurting anyone. So, to sum it all up, my vision of a free America is an America where it's legal for same-sex couples to guard their pot fields with machine guns. :)

I'm a strange dude.

Your hobbies sound relaxing and constructive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

At least Axl Rose has common sense, something the present President doesn't have at all!

I doubt Axl would ever run for any political job. Too many rules!

He doesn’t even vote though does he? If you are going to be critical then you should at least vote.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Is that a fact? I remember when he appeared on (?) Kimmel show he stated he doesn’t vote.

He surely voted in 2016 and in the mid-term elections in 2018 (he had even tweeted about it).

He told Kimmel in 2012 that he didn't vote, but in 1992 GnR had "Rock the Vote" at their shows and Axl then said he had registered to vote but there was no one to vote for as far as the president went (he preferred Clinton over Bush but didn't like Al Gore). Maybe Axl hadn't voted for a president until 2016, but had voted for congress/senate or in local elections.

Besides, even someone who doesn't vote can be critical and have an opinion on politics, if they have a political reasoning for not voting. For example, especially in a two-party system like in the U.S. someone may not agree with either of the candidates' politics.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, daile1bm said:

I dig the Red Wings banner and Greenfield Village pennant from the 4th of July vid. Favorite field trips in elementary school were going there.

Thanks, I recall going there too. Both with my family and school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I don't share my beliefs with most people I interact with in-person of course, but they eventually figure it out if they spend any lengthy time with me.

I collect, and shoot exotic firearms. Short barreled rifles, suppressors, machine guns (soon) etc. The kinds most in the media would like to see banned (most are already heavily restricted)  What I'm into, specifically, is a very niche type and all are valuable and rare pieces.

I also collect some old Americana and Soviet era stuff. I live alone in a fairly large house and have an entire guest room dedicated to Soviet era items. My lower level also has interesting items on display, including a handful of various deactivated rocket launchers. 

I also spend a lot of time with my cat, and document our life on YouTube.

As for beliefs, they are mostly libertarian. I believe everyone should be left alone, so long as they are not actively hurting anyone. So, to sum it all up, my vision of a free America is an America where it's legal for same-sex couples to guard their pot fields with machine guns. :)

I'm a strange dude.

Your hobbies sound relaxing and constructive.

Right on. Sound like some fairly large collections! Must be fun to track it all down.

Rarest gun Ive fired that I can remember the name of was just some variation of an AK 47 (SK? is that a thing?) Gave me a work out! Your soviet room sounds rather macabre. 

Cinnabon is such a cutie - almost as cute as my guy, Beaker :lol: But Im only allowed to hang out with him when he says so, lol. Whats the breed?

Even though I get how libertarian beliefs could be alienating in todays US, it was only a short time ago that people referred to the Tea Party as libertarian. The right was ostensibly full of libertarians. But now we can see it for what it was, proto-facsism. Many on the right are obsessed with power and control. They salivate at the idea of access to authority and limiting 'others' freedoms. Very opposite of libertarian beliefs. Sucks. I can imagine that gets to feeling lonely sometimes. Im re watching Parks And Rec and Ron Swanson has got to be my favourite libertarian working in government ever :lol:

I know where you can find social libertarians who love guns and cats. You should reach out, start up a connection, a dialogue, or even go shoot with em. Check out Redneck Revolt, they're a community defence organization.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Wonder if Axl is going to say anything bout Joe Biden's racisim:blink:

Nah.  That would be hypocritical of Axl.  It would be like him criticizing someone for beating women and throwing them down a flight of stairs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, soon said:

But now we can see it for what it was, proto-facsism.

A bit of a ludicrous claim. 

But I can respect the idea that neither party really caters to liberal/libertarian beliefs. Though it might be a good year to be an independent candidate?

 

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Wonder if Axl is going to say anything bout Joe Biden's racisim:blink:

Entirely possible tbh.

I doubt Axl is a massive Biden fan but I think he'll argue he's the lesser of two evils (debatable).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

A bit of a ludicrous claim. 

But I can respect the idea that neither party really caters to liberal/libertarian beliefs. Though it might be a good year to be an independent candidate?

Its a perfectly reasonable claim. Its a group that formed around its open racism about a black man in the whitehouse, who also attacks the free press, who elected a strong man. Who want their political opponents locked up. Youd have to not understand proto facsim to describe it in any other way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soon said:

Its a perfectly reasonable claim. Its a group that formed around its open racism about a black man in the whitehouse, who also attacks the free press, who elected a strong man. Who want their political opponents locked up. Youd have to not understand proto facsim to describe it in any other way.

If you're only referring to the teaparty then that's a different story. Though I still think the label doesn't really fit that well (any better than libertarian). They seem like a bit of a joke imo.

I'm more opposing the labelling of any right leaning party as 'proto-fascism'. But if that wasn't the intent then fair enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

If you're only referring to the teaparty then that's a different story. Though I still think the label doesn't really fit that well (any better than libertarian). They seem like a bit of a joke imo.

I'm more opposing the labelling of any right leaning party as 'proto-fascism'. But if that wasn't the intent then fair enough.

Nah, I even had a romantic vignette with a Red Tory Hill staffer. Was f'n exhilarating, fam :lol:

 

*conservative with democratic socialist leanings 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soon said:

Right on. Sound like some fairly large collections! Must be fun to track it all down.

Rarest gun Ive fired that I can remember the name of was just some variation of an AK 47 (SK? is that a thing?) Gave me a work out! Your soviet room sounds rather macabre. 

Cinnabon is such a cutie - almost as cute as my guy, Beaker :lol: But Im only allowed to hang out with him when he says so, lol. Whats the breed?

Even though I get how libertarian beliefs could be alienating in todays US, it was only a short time ago that people referred to the Tea Party as libertarian. The right was ostensibly full of libertarians. But now we can see it for what it was, proto-facsism. Many on the right are obsessed with power and control. They salivate at the idea of access to authority and limiting 'others' freedoms. Very opposite of libertarian beliefs. Sucks. I can imagine that gets to feeling lonely sometimes. Im re watching Parks And Rec and Ron Swanson has got to be my favourite libertarian working in government ever :lol:

I know where you can find social libertarians who love guns and cats. You should reach out, start up a connection, a dialogue, or even go shoot with em. Check out Redneck Revolt, they're a community defence organization.

 

Perhaps it was as an AKS designation, or an SKS (entirely different weapon, but similar origin and around the same time period)

Thank you, the vet says he's a domestic long hair. He has some personality traits of a maine coon, but not the size (mine is about 10 pounds) Cinnabon follows me around a lot of the time, and loves attention. 

Thanks for the recommendation! 

 

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He surely voted in 2016 and in the mid-term elections in 2018 (he had even tweeted about it).

He told Kimmel in 2012 that he didn't vote, but in 1992 GnR had "Rock the Vote" at their shows and Axl then said he had registered to vote but there was no one to vote for as far as the president went (he preferred Clinton over Bush but didn't like Al Gore). Maybe Axl hadn't voted for a president until 2016, but had voted for congress/senate or in local elections.

Besides, even someone who doesn't vote can be critical and have an opinion on politics, if they have a political reasoning for not voting. For example, especially in a two-party system like in the U.S. someone may not agree with either of the candidates' politics.

This is true, good point.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...