Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

56 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I'm surprised as well and  I wonder who he was pulling for.  

Weird - you literally just posted a pic of her that demonstrates her old school establishment law-and-order credentials in the US politics thread. 

Oh, he's not happy with that.  Wonder if he's such a party player he would be unwilling to go nonpartisan?  If he's willing to look at individuals and what they say.  Maybe throw away a vote on a person from say not one of the main parties or a different party, and go with what he believes in, even knowing they would lose?

• Like 1

I see that, on the other hand, Duff and especially Del James are very happy.

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh, he's not happy with that.  Wonder if he's such a party player he would be unwilling to go nonpartisan?  If he's willing to look at individuals and what they say.  Maybe throw away a vote on a person from say not one of the main parties or a different party, and go with what he believes in, even knowing they would lose?

I would guess his dislike for Trump is much bigger.

Edited by Blackstar

7 hours ago, soon said:

Weird - you literally just posted a pic of her that demonstrates her old school establishment law-and-order credentials in the US politics thread. 

I'm surprised he would criticize anyone on the left regardless of credentials.  I can't remember him ever doing so.  Is that really weird?

Gosh loads of posts on Youtube due to axl's post...to have such power wow:axl92:

He did say in his post of a few weeks ago, it did not matter whether Democrat or Republican he would call them out if he thought they wrong.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I'm surprised as well and  I wonder who he was pulling for.  

Maybe Susan Rice. About a month ago he retwitted something she said. I don't remember if he ever retwitted something Harris or any other female contender said

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

Maybe Susan Rice. About a month ago he retwitted something she said. I don't remember if he ever retwitted something Harris or any other female contender said

That sounds like a logical explanation (I'm not being sarcastic).  She has an Obama connection.

I can totally see that he wouldn't be fond of Kamala Harris given her background. I don't think it's out of character at all. He has a long history of not voting (discussed it on Kimmel) so I don't think he's probably fond of politicians period. The reason he's been more vocal than usual in recent years I assume is because he hates the current administration with a lot more zeal than he could muster before.

What I've gathered from reading various places is that some of the left aren't thrilled with Harris because of her AG record and because they think she disadvantages Biden. Seems like that might be where he's coming from on it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I read that she as prosecutor put in jail people smoking weed. I think it i because Axl don't like she.

Definitely.

And Id also hazard a guess its also because despite progressive ideals and politicians like AOC and Sanders having grown in popularity, Biden chose a law and order, drug war person just like he 'was.' It would have been wise and properly democratic to include a more progressive voice. It would appeal to more voters who'd vote Democrat. Instead he doubled down on his centre-conservative position. Bidens a bad candidate just like Hillary was. And now another one for VP. 

This election is not going to be easy. And this was a huge step in the wrong direction, imo. Perhaps Axl shares in this analysis to some degree? He wouldnt have to want a progressive himself necessarily, Axl would just need to understand how many votes, momentum and public passion there is to go towards beating Trump from the progressive wing. And Biden wants to piss it away. 

They went full-establishment in an age of populism.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Definitely.

And Id also hazard a guess its also because despite progressive ideals and politicians like AOC and Sanders having grown in popularity, Biden chose a law and order, drug war person just like he 'was.' It would have been wise and properly democratic to include a more progressive voice. It would appeal to more voters who'd vote Democrat. Instead he doubled down on his centre-conservative position. Bidens a bad candidate just like Hillary was. And now another one for VP. 

This election is not going to be easy. And this was a huge step in the wrong direction, imo. Perhaps Axl shares in this analysis to some degree? He wouldnt have to want a progressive himself necessarily, Axl would just need to understand how many votes, momentum and public passion there is to go towards beating Trump from the progressive wing. And Biden wants to piss it away. 

I have to agree here.  I feel better about Trump's chances after the Harris announcement so I can only imagine how many Bernie supporters felt about it.  The way it looked a few weeks ago Biden was teaming up with Bernie making plans together to move the party forward but he really limited his options by announcing his pick would be a woman of color.  Once he said that he was backed into a corner.

22 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I have to agree here.  I feel better about Trump's chances after the Harris announcement so I can only imagine how many Bernie supporters felt about it.  The way it looked a few weeks ago Biden was teaming up with Bernie making plans together to move the party forward but he really limited his options by announcing his pick would be a woman of color.  Once he said that he was backed into a corner.

Its identity-politics at its worst.

(Although theres women of colour who would have served the role well to be sure, like Gabbard)

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Definitely.

I guess in this case the people will pick between the "less devil".... 

• Like 1

If Axl Rose of all people agrees that Kamala is the worst person for Joes VP then Joe is screwed.

i think he should have gone with someone like Tammy Duckworth(Veteran from a midwestern state who lost both her legs in combat) that would have been the smartest choice

Its like they are not even trying

1 hour ago, soon said:

Its identity-politics at its worst.

(Although theres women of colour who would have served the role well to be sure, like Gabbard)

We agree on something 👍

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

I can totally see that he wouldn't be fond of Kamala Harris given her background. I don't think it's out of character at all. He has a long history of not voting (discussed it on Kimmel) so I don't think he's probably fond of politicians period. The reason he's been more vocal than usual in recent years I assume is because he hates the current administration with a lot more zeal than he could muster before.

What I've gathered from reading various places is that some of the left aren't thrilled with Harris because of her AG record and because they think she disadvantages Biden. Seems like that might be where he's coming from on it.

She’s the only person in the primaries that people hated more then Liz Warren.

Joe better get a foodtaster

KKamala Harris has

- Supported LGBT rights

- created an Environment unit to presecute environmental crime

- reduced three strikes to violent crimes only (I think it should be scrapped)

- worked at reduciing gun violence by giving longer sentences when guns are involved (contentious for Americans I know but as a Brit with a fear of guns this pleases me)

- worked at reducing internet sex crrimes, especially when minors involved

- tried to prosecute a police chief for cover up but ruled not enough evidence (for those who think she is pro police whatever they do)

- wants to reform the health service

downside is her stance on soft drugs (my opinion anyway)

Of course one could find stuff that would make for a negative opinion but I, in the UK, dont know enough about her but am well pleased with above

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

If Axl Rose of all people agrees that Kamala is the worst person for Joes VP then Joe is screwed.

i think he should have gone with someone like Tammy Duckworth(Veteran from a midwestern state who lost both her legs in combat) that would have been the smartest choice

Its like they are not even trying

We agree on something 👍

She’s the only person in the primaries that people hated more then Liz Warren.

Joe better get a foodtaster

Nah mate, as far as succeeding in politics Tammy Duckworth doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Uh? He NEVER said that. He just posted a video "Say It Ain't So Joe" We are all speculating about what he meant. But we can't put words in his mouth. We have to wait  and see if he makes a clear statement about Kamala Harris.

10 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I thought if biden wanted to grab the midwestern seats that hilary lost in 2016, he would have picked someone from the midwest to gain there votes and those seats back. Biden has lost the midwest again.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I thought if biden wanted to grab the midwestern seats that hilary lost in 2016, he would have picked someone from the midwest to gain there votes and those seats back. Biden has lost the midwest again.

When you announce that you've made a decision to pick a woman of color months ahead it kind of limits you.  I wonder how it would have gone over if he said I'm picking a white man.  Would that be racist?  If Harris was white I guess she wouldn't have qualified for the job.

• Like 2