Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

On 8/6/2020 at 11:39 AM, daile1bm said:

I mean of all the things he's done good or bad, not letting buildings get burned down should be an easy good look for any candidate. Sending them in for things like statues might be a little more controversial, but even then, they're federal property and he has the right (and duty IMO) to protect them, to a point.

Its obvious they're there under the guise of protecting a federal building from vandalism. I meant look good to his supporters by having the protestors "dispersed"

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am i the only one more interested in that giant cow? 

I'm fine with Axl posting his political views. I mean, I'm quite opinionated when it comes to politics and, on occasion, I share my views online, so I'm not about to tell anyone else that they can't d

I hate the word woke.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Its obvious they're there under the guise of protecting a federal building from vandalism. I meant look good to his supporters by having the protestors "dispersed"

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't understand what point you're trying to make. I genuinely think that the fed troops are there to protect the courthouse from being burned to the ground. Not just as a ploy to get votes by looking good, or as a show of force. It's crazy to me that anyone could think that burning a building down is an appropriate response to a grievance. I also wouldn't call the people at that location protestors. If you're committing arson, you're at BEST a rioter, but IMO more of a terrorist than anything. They're using violence to try and force political change.

I may have read your comments wrong, so I wasn't intending to put words in your mouth with any of what I said. Just kinda talking to the topic as a whole.

1 hour ago, daile1bm said:

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't understand what point you're trying to make. I genuinely think that the fed troops are there to protect the courthouse from being burned to the ground. Not just as a ploy to get votes by looking good, or as a show of force. It's crazy to me that anyone could think that burning a building down is an appropriate response to a grievance. I also wouldn't call the people at that location protestors. If you're committing arson, you're at BEST a rioter, but IMO more of a terrorist than anything. They're using violence to try and force political change.

I may have read your comments wrong, so I wasn't intending to put words in your mouth with any of what I said. Just kinda talking to the topic as a whole.

Not trying to make a point so to speak.

I was just adding that if he doesn't do this (send in federal troops to protect federal building), then Trump could look weak to his supporters for possibly "letting the country go to shit" or something. 

So I think that it is within the realm of possibilty that while they are preventing the federal building from being vandalized, the whole charade of the confrontation in Portland could be used to Trump's advantage as a win for himself for his possible reelection.

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Not trying to make a point so to speak.

I was just adding that if he doesn't do this (send in federal troops to protect federal building), then Trump could look weak to his supporters for possibly "letting the country go to shit" or something. 

So I think that it is within the realm of possibilty that while they are preventing the federal building from being vandalized, the whole charade of the confrontation in Portland could be used to Trump's advantage as a win for himself for his possible reelection.

Gotcha. Appreciate the clarification, and i cant say i could wholly disagree with your take either.

@Sweersa I find it is best not to talk politics to people, fam and friends, if you are not on the same page.

I just bought me first gun ever. A Ruger. I love it. Size.  I should have bought one 30 years ago. I had my lessons, application for state lic, and stuff. I really need to go to the gun range . I scored in the training to pass and took my lic to carry training. You have  your hobbies, good. As @soon said, hobbies are good.

For me , I just had to stop watching the news mid June. We are in crazy times in politics here. 
Regarding protecting federal, state, local buildings, we are in madness here. If fed buildings in Portland would be burned or just vandalized, it would be ok. Figure this out, will you. Crazy times. BLM was painted on the city street in NYC. That is fine. Anyone defacing it, is arrested  for vandalism of public property. Lol, but painting the street was not vandalism. BTW, I am not against Blue Lives, Black , All lives mattering. 

Portland, the latest the last night.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8608713/Protesters-return-streets-parks-Portland-Oregon.html

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

@ gym. I know you can think that has to be a virus place, but my gym like a Gold’s gym. Weights. Machines. I have been going almost everyday since it reopened in June. Precautions taken.
Does Netflix  movies lol, count now as a hobby? Reading, walking. During March - May, I rearranged rooms at home. Different look, different feel, different vibe.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Amaya said:

@ gym. I know you can think that has to be a virus place, but my gym like a Gold’s gym. Weights. Machines. I have been going almost everyday since it reopened in June. Precautions taken.
Does Netflix  movies lol, count now as a hobby? Reading, walking. During March - May, I rearranged rooms at home. Different look, different feel, different vibe.

Yes, I do think that Netflix can count as a hobby now :lol:

Very cool about the work outs! I also rearranged my place over the pandemic. Was fun. :headbang:

21 hours ago, Amaya said:

@Sweersa I find it is best not to talk politics to people, fam and friends, if you are not on the same page.

I just bought me first gun ever. A Ruger. I love it. Size.  I should have bought one 30 years ago. I had my lessons, application for state lic, and stuff. I really need to go to the gun range . I scored in the training to pass and took my lic to carry training. You have  your hobbies, good. As @soon said, hobbies are good.

For me , I just had to stop watching the news mid June. We are in crazy times in politics here. 
Regarding protecting federal, state, local buildings, we are in madness here. If fed buildings in Portland would be burned or just vandalized, it would be ok. Figure this out, will you. Crazy times. BLM was painted on the city street in NYC. That is fine. Anyone defacing it, is arrested  for vandalism of public property. Lol, but painting the street was not vandalism. BTW, I am not against Blue Lives, Black , All lives mattering. 

Portland, the latest the last night.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8608713/Protesters-return-streets-parks-Portland-Oregon.html

Awesome, good for you! :)

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I'm surprised as well and  I wonder who he was pulling for.  

Weird - you literally just posted a pic of her that demonstrates her old school establishment law-and-order credentials in the US politics thread. 

Oh, he's not happy with that.  Wonder if he's such a party player he would be unwilling to go nonpartisan?  If he's willing to look at individuals and what they say.  Maybe throw away a vote on a person from say not one of the main parties or a different party, and go with what he believes in, even knowing they would lose?

• Like 1

I see that, on the other hand, Duff and especially Del James are very happy.

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh, he's not happy with that.  Wonder if he's such a party player he would be unwilling to go nonpartisan?  If he's willing to look at individuals and what they say.  Maybe throw away a vote on a person from say not one of the main parties or a different party, and go with what he believes in, even knowing they would lose?

I would guess his dislike for Trump is much bigger.

Edited by Blackstar

I wonder if he posted this as Pence singing to Biden.... weird thought, but the lyrics could suggest that in a way.  

But then again we all know he's no fan of cops... so maybe he didn't get cryptic. 

Edited by albowhead
7 hours ago, soon said:

Weird - you literally just posted a pic of her that demonstrates her old school establishment law-and-order credentials in the US politics thread. 

I'm surprised he would criticize anyone on the left regardless of credentials.  I can't remember him ever doing so.  Is that really weird?

10 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I'm surprised he would criticize anyone on the left regardless of credentials.  I can't remember him ever doing so.  Is that really weird?

Weird that you have trouble understanding non-partisanship or that Axl criticizes a Democrat? 

• Like 1

Gosh loads of posts on Youtube due to axl's post...to have such power wow:axl92:

He did say in his post of a few weeks ago, it did not matter whether Democrat or Republican he would call them out if he thought they wrong.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I'm surprised as well and  I wonder who he was pulling for.  

Maybe Susan Rice. About a month ago he retwitted something she said. I don't remember if he ever retwitted something Harris or any other female contender said

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Padme said:

Maybe Susan Rice. About a month ago he retwitted something she said. I don't remember if he ever retwitted something Harris or any other female contender said

That sounds like a logical explanation (I'm not being sarcastic).  She has an Obama connection.