Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

What on earth is weird about them?  I think they are really well crafted and cover all points succintly.

A poll was done in the UK asking us if we would vote for Trump and nobody said yes, he is seen as a fraudulant fool in the rest of the world.

6 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I can't wait until the election is over. I'd rather have no communication from a band that doesn't want to release a new record, rather than getting told vote.

I think voting in a general election and writing music are two seperate issues.

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Unusual for Axl to use the GNR account for this stuff. I suppose it might be because he likely doesn’t have a personal Facebook account.

Can you imagine what THAT would be like...😂

8 hours ago, Manfisman said:

I think it's just a picture and since he has a wolf on the jacket that's the caption

Disappointingly I think you are right....😞

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

What on earth is weird about them?  I think they are really well crafted and cover all points succintly.

A poll was done in the UK asking us if we would vote for Trump and nobody said yes, he is seen as a fraudulant fool in the rest of the world.

They are, no doubt. I am just tired of being told to vote, everywhere I look.

I'd rather them give us nothing  than Axl's political point of view.

I liked Axl better when he sang good and didn't share his politics.

Edit: Spelling correction.

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Quite happy for him to tell people to vote the tangerine twat out, (loads of other musicians have made similar comments) but when that's the only think that is ever said, it is pretty annoying. 

It's like the constant stream of tacky merchandise- everyone would be fine with it and ignore it, if it wasn't the only thing that ever happened! 

Ah well. It's not like many people believe there will ever be a new album anymore. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

So that's what he's been composing instead of a new album! :lol:

He's right though, everyone should vote (regardless of favoured candidate). The ballot box is the only place ordinary people get to wield a bit of power. It's not always much individually but collectively it can be massive.

Whether it's massive in the way Axl hopes is another matter. Best of luck today to all our US forum members however you vote. I really hope it doesn't all turn into the violent shit show that many predict. :heart:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

As someone that does not live in the US I find it so odd, and it's been especially clear during this election, that encouraging people to vote is seen as a political statement and/or sharing ones political point of view... 

Shouldn't everyone, regardless of political standpoint, encourage each other to vote? There's more than one party to vote for so why would that be controversial in a democratic society? :shrugs:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

You guys have your own fraudulent fool though, so 

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

You guys have your own fraudulent fool though, so 

We sure do. Makes me sort of happy that people outside the UK recognise him for what he is, as well as those of us within the country who were never conned by him.

Our very own national disgrace and international embarasment. 

Keeping this a bit more on topic though.....are we assuming this statement is what the 'stay ready' comment was all about? Marvelous.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Axl can tweet whatever the fuck he wants and you shouldn’t have a problem with it. A tweet doesn’t take you more than 1 minute, surely lots of new music can be written in that period of time?

And also, why do I get the impression that what bothers you is the content of that particular tweet and Axl’s political view?

Would you be making this same comment if Axl was voting for Trump?

PS: his last tweet was almost three months ago, so wtf are you talking about?

Nope... I’m not a political person and don’t care about politics. I just think Axl is an asshole

6 hours ago, illusiononthewall said:

Honestly, me too (since I’m not American and I don’t give a shit about US elections). Axl hates his fans. 

Exactly my sentiment. I’m not American and don’t care

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why wont he just run for president himself? Kanye could be vice president. Team Brazil negotiate with Putin and China and Kim Kardashian takes care of employment and climate issues.

But seriously, Axl seems to really care about politics and at his age he got enough life experience and sure has seen a bit of the world by now. The only thing pissing me off about his tweets is they all shallow and surface and passive aggressive. The vote tweet was the most decent and thoughtful thing he posted in a long while, if not ever. Why dont he just speak up for real and do an interview or an essay discussing politics? It's not like he's very busy releasing new music now is he?

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1