Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

FUCK BORIS FUCK TRUMP. Anyway back to GnR, I've never understood people who say 'Stick to music' Or 'Stick to sport' etc. Why? They get a vote just the same. When tony the taxi driver starts telling us his political opinion is he met with 'Stick to driving your taxi'? These people seem to think if you are in a profession that can be the only thing you're allowed to speak on. Which is odd when you consider a lot of music - blues, punk, rap only exist because of politics and the effect things have on society.

Sure, there's poison and motley crue for Songs about taking hot girls cherries, and there's calvin harris for the modern brain dead who like their lyrics meaningless and their beats repetitive. But If Axl is gonna have any heart and soul in a new album, it's going to be political. A 58 year old overweight millionaire singing about hot chicks and getting into fights isn't cool. If he's singing about something he cares about passionately, it's gonna be waaaay better than trying to recreate something he thought in the 80s. 

Couldn't agree more. 

Pretty much all acts of any note whatsoever have gone into politics at some point. It's something that people feel passionate about so inevitably is going to come up in music. Music history is built on politics. 

It's also weird how people are surprised about any political comment coming from Axl, after it's come up in his music so many times already. He even called an album 'Chinese Democracy'! 

I think though it basically boils down to people being very thin skinned- they like to have a very set in stone image of a celebrity they like. They don't want that image to change, so if a celeb makes comments about world events or events that bothers them as it may alter the image. That's especially true of the celebs politics don't align with theirs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

In a few thousand years. 

Nope. People are already dying.

The climate crisis brings increased extreme weather events. And, yeah, people die in those already today! Forest fires, the same.

Food production is also already facing major issues. And this will be nothing compared to when the fresh water polar icecaps melt into the salt water ecosystems of the ocean. Say good by to seafood. The loss of seasfood means we need even more agriculture and we are already struggling with that.

We're also currently running out of one of the more common fertilizers for food crops - phosphorus.

And on the topic of the crops, the pollinator populations have already been decimated by the climate crisis. Colony Collapse Disorder, beginning around 2013, is a huge crisis facing global food production. Its caused by a commonly used pesticide. WE NEED POLLINATORS TO GROW FOOD.

People also already die from contaminated water and fish resulting from industrial exploits. See cancer rates in Grassy Narrows. Or that Coca Cola fiasco in India.

Like, I hope you are aware that 'the Earths lungs' - the Amozon -  is currently being burned down.

People also die from climate crisis violence already. Paulo Paulino Guajajara aka Lobo being just one example.

Also, read Blue Gold; Water World Wars by Maude Barlow and Tony Clarke

Edited by soon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Nope. People are already dying.

The climate crisis brings increased extreme weather events. And, yeah, people die in those already today! Forest fires, the same.

Food production is also already facing major issues. And this will be nothing compared to when the fresh water polar icecaps melt into the salt water ecosystems of the ocean. Say good by to seafood. The loss of seasfood means we need even more agriculture and we are already struggling with that.

We're also currently running out of one of the more common fertilizers for food crops - phosphorus.

And on the topic of the crops, the pollinator populations have already been decimated by the climate crisis. Colony Collapse Disorder, beginning around 2013, is a huge crisis facing global food production. Its caused by a commonly used pesticide. WE NEED POLLINATORS TO GROW FOOD.

People also already die from contaminated water and fish resulting from industrial exploits. See cancer rates in Grassy Narrows. Or that Coca Cola fiasco in India.

Like, I hope you are aware that 'the Earths lungs' - the Amozon -  is currently being burned down.

People also die from climate crisis violence already. Paulo Paulino Guajajara aka Lobo being just one example.

Also, read Blue Gold; Water World Wars by Maude Barlow and Tony Clarke

Well, fuck!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Pretty much all acts of any note whatsoever have gone into politics at some point. It's something that people feel passionate about so inevitably is going to come up in music. Music history is built on politics. 

It's also weird how people are surprised about any political comment coming from Axl, after it's come up in his music so many times already. He even called an album 'Chinese Democracy'! 

I think though it basically boils down to people being very thin skinned- they like to have a very set in stone image of a celebrity they like. They don't want that image to change, so if a celeb makes comments about world events or events that bothers them as it may alter the image. That's especially true of the celebs politics don't align with theirs. 

Yep, it is very thin skinned. Chinese democracy, civil war etc it's not a new thing. The strangest thing is when very right wing fans are surprised that progressive forward thinking and liberal celebrities don't agree with them. What did they expect! :lol:

• Like 3

What I don't get is why get into an internet argument with someone you don't know ot probably won't ever meet that didn't agree with your political philosophy. 

Being a Republican or Democrat is more than just Trump/Biden.....

Still at the end of the day us in the good ol USA are all Americans... and should treat each other with respect.   No matter what political affiliation, beliefs,  color of skin,  religion, etc.

We should all bleed Red, White and Blue. 

Which, btw, a unified America bodes well for the rest of the world.   

Hopefully after the results of this election, no matter the outcome, we can begin to come back together.   Although, I sincerely doubt it. 😔😔😔

7 minutes ago, Rjuncajun said:

What I don't get is why get into an internet argument with someone you don't know ot probably won't ever meet that didn't agree with your political philosophy. 

Being a Republican or Democrat is more than just Trump/Biden.....

Still at the end of the day us in the good ol USA are all Americans... and should treat each other with respect.   No matter what political affiliation, beliefs,  color of skin,  religion, etc.

We should all bleed Red, White and Blue. 

Which, btw, a unified America bodes well for the rest of the world.   

Hopefully after the results of this election, no matter the outcome, we can begin to come back together.   Although, I sincerely doubt it. 😔😔😔

Good post, totally agree. America is a great country in so so many ways. I hope you all can move forwards in a stable and unified way. As you say, the world needs that, totally. 

I'm pulling an all nighter over here to watch the coverage live, sad person that I am! 

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

We sure do. Makes me sort of happy that people outside the UK recognise him for what he is, as well as those of us within the country who were never conned by him.

Our very own national disgrace and international embarasment. 

Keeping this a bit more on topic though.....are we assuming this statement is what the 'stay ready' comment was all about? Marvelous.

Stay ready?

14 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Why wont he just run for president himself? Kanye could be vice president. Team Brazil negotiate with Putin and China and Kim Kardashian takes care of employment and climate issues.

But seriously, Axl seems to really care about politics and at his age he got enough life experience and sure has seen a bit of the world by now. The only thing pissing me off about his tweets is they all shallow and surface and passive aggressive. The vote tweet was the most decent and thoughtful thing he posted in a long while, if not ever. Why dont he just speak up for real and do an interview or an essay discussing politics? It's not like he's very busy releasing new music now is he?

I know you’re joking but I would definitely vote for Axl if I could :rofl-lol: 

I agree. The vote tweet was very sensitive and sincere. And I would love to hear him talking about politics in a video interview. 

Edited by illusiononthewall
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

I Imagine axl getting drunk and have a huge party tonight

Let's hope someone who goes leaves their phone on recorder mode, when Axl inevitably and drunkedly starts playing them ChiDem2, Stay of execution and Guns N Roses NITL unreleased albums. I expect a full take of the General by tomorrow morning! 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Axl never cared about politics and voting until Trump won. I remember his 2012 Kimmel interview right before the Obama/Romney election. He said he's never voted. He explained that he lives in California which always votes Democrat, and said that's the way he tends to lean anyhow. This was probably his first year voting. Better late than never I guess. 

It's at about the 8:05 mark.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tat2d1 said:

Axl never cared about politics and voting until Trump won. I remember his 2012 Kimmel interview right before the Obama/Romney election. He said he's never voted.

Am I the only one who doesn't interpet his words that way? When he says "I haven't really voted", I always thought that he's talking about the 2012 election. Not that he's never voted in his life, but that he hasn't voted that specific year.

Sure, he continues explaining that he doesn't really have to vote necessarily cause California always votes for democracts anyway.

But I wouldn't make the conclusion that he's never voted in his life.

I take it to mean he’s never voted. Ever. Is he voting Red at 18 years old in Indiana.. as he’s running from the cops and hating authority? Don’t think so. Is he voting for Reagan in the 80s while living in Los Angeles in massive blowout elections.. Nah. I could see him voting for Clinton in 1992 because MTV Rock the Vote, but you have to personally get off your ass to vote and Axl was flying round the world. The rest of the elections after that.. as the Man says.. California is sealed, signed and delivered to the Democrats, so again as the Man says - He’s never voted (in 2012).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

I take it to mean he’s never voted. Ever. Is he voting Red at 18 years old in Indiana.. as he’s running from the cops and hating authority? Don’t think so. Is he voting for Reagan in the 80s while living in Los Angeles in massive blowout elections.. Nah. I could see him voting for Clinton in 1992 because MTV Rock the Vote, but you have to personally get off your ass to vote and Axl was flying round the world. The rest of the elections after that.. as the Man says.. California is sealed, signed and delivered to the Democrats, so again as the Man says - He’s never voted (in 2012).

I remember Axl pic wear a shirt with Regan image with Hitler mustache. Next Axl was Steven Tyler. Sure he don't voted Regan.

• Haha 1