Your Least Favorite Among the GN'R Hits

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They're not "hits" per se, but two songs everyone else seems to love that I don't are Out Ta Get Me and Think About You. 

fuck off Russ!!!  ;)  You kill me hahah

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Live and Let Die. I liked it live but I've never once thought to myself "you know what I want to hear right now? Live and Let Die."

I definitely became indifferent to that one over the years but they fucking nailed it during the 2016 run and I found myself digging it again.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

23 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I hate Don't Wanna Miss A Thing 

Same here. Makes the veins in my head burst if I have to listen the whole thing.

My least favorite Gn'R song (if we're only talking about  the hits) is  SCOM, being overplayed probably has something to do with it. And it is quite "poppy".

Edited by Fourteenbeers

Paradise City.  It is too repetitive and the lyrics aren't good.  Cool music though and i like it at the end of a show with the fireworks and stuff.

Knocking on Heavens door and L&LD.  Just was never a fan of either of these covers.  They are fine songs but they don't need to play them every show.

I never really liked the studio recording of Knockin' On Heaven's Door. I'd heard the live version from the '87 show in London on a Japanese import I'd bought in 1988; this is the same version that is part of the Super Deluxe and Locked N' Loaded sets. Always thought that was the best version. The studio version has none of the energy or raw power that the live in London version possessed. 

Paradise City and SCOM

Not because I don't like them, in fact I love them!  But between playing those songs to death when I was growing up and discovering GNR, and those songs being on FM Classic Radio way too much, I just never feel in the mood to actively listen to the studio recordings of those songs.

I love them, but never need to listen to them :lol:

8 hours ago, ColdMarin said:

SCOM, i can't listen to the song anymore, so much overplayed, its would be nice to hear it after a year, but the song is so overplayed, i cant pass the week without hearing it...

Id like to know how axl feels about singing scom. Mainly because it was about erin and the history of their relationship, and he really must hate singing it by now.

19 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I prefer the alt lyrics 

I just can’t get into it. Maybe the meaning is too clear and I just can’t imagine saying it. You Ain’t the First mskes more sense to me. But it’s catchy which is annoying. I liked the video with Slash driving that dodge chsllenge off a cliff in the desert. But actually to pick that song to listen to on headphones is impossible. 

Edited by wasted