New photo of Axl Rose in 1998 surfaces

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't see any beer gut in that photo, just wide sport clothes.

I do...its either stomach filled out or something under his shirt. The photo you posted ftom axl being on stage i think he looks good. But he looks like either face wise a small face lift or maybe botox injections have been done...just looks different. :shrugs:

17 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Are the guys from the second photo from Indiana?. 

Please take this with a large grain of salt, but I have it in mind that they are members of the so called "Shadow Company." A group of musicians that Axl had writing songs, potentially for Guns, around 1994-96ish. I just cant recall why I think its them, lol. Hopefully if I'm not mistaken then someone else will be able to confirm and fill in the blanks.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13280

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, it's the same one he was wearing in other fans photos from the time...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuIRi5zqUWYPW5ZhgV9zS

f6b9f8abc0812be8cc0b95dc3d8ed455.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4y_LEd63f4gxtuWJxANv

The bandana in these pics looks different than the new pic, to me. Maybe its my pc, but the initial pic looks like a bandage not a rag. Again, could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

bizarre transformations for such a young age...

Indeed

1 minute ago, Stoymatic said:

The bandana in these pics looks different than the new pic, to me. Maybe its my pc, but the initial pic looks like a bandage not a rag. Again, could be wrong.

Why would he have a bandage? :question:

It is a white bandana with some small dots on the sides.

I don't think he would be running with a bandage in his head.

• Like 1

I wonder if his attire and looks were him trying to keep a low profile?

He is dressed like someone you'd find waiting in line at the local check cashing loan place on the 1st of the month.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Why would he have a bandage? :question:

It is a white bandana with some small dots on the sides.

I don't think he would be running with a bandage in his head.

Again, I don't see any dots. I don't know if my pc monitor sucks or why they aren't showing up

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Please take this with a large grain of salt, but I have it in mind that they are members of the so called "Shadow Company." A group of musicians that Axl had writing songs, potentially for Guns, around 1994-96ish. I just cant recall why I think its them, lol. Hopefully if I'm not mistaken then someone else will be able to confirm and fill in the blanks.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13280

didn't @Wagszilla start a thread on guns using shadow writers a few months back ? i thought the end conclusion was that they never did.

7 minutes ago, donny said:

didn't @Wagszilla start a thread on guns using shadow writers a few months back ? i thought the end conclusion was that they never did.

I dont know about that thread, I'll look for it. But to clarify, whats reported is that Axl had a band writing tunes but nothing has been released that originated from the Shadow Company as far as is known. The Shadow Company is said to include Huge and Dizzy. Its difficult to tell if they could be described as 'shadow writers' should some of their material had been used by Axl.

I've never heard of the Shadow Company's existence coming into question, but would be interested to learn about that.

I'm just going by info found here: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13280

The Shadow Company: Paul Huge, gtr. Krys Baratto, bass. Sid Riggs, drums. Dizzy Reed, keys.

Axl had been going on about his solo project since early '94. Somewhere down the line, Trent Reznor had turned into Dizzy Reed. Dave Grohl had become Sid Riggs. For Dave Navarro, there was Paul Huge. Baratto joined in, and the second generation iteration of Johnny Crash would record under the GNR contract.

There are two main ways this lineup could've been originated. The first one is that Axl had it doing the preproduction for his own album while Guns struggled through Snakepit, Gilby, Duff's pancreas and the Devil sessions. The second one is that Axl specifically rounded up the new band around Paul Huge following the Devil sessions and the loss of the Snakepit demos. Another minor clue to the history of the Shadow Company is given by Baratto.

"Keep in mind, Sid and I were recording on demos. Paul was involved... We were all a part of putting tracks down on the demos. So, it was never a "version" of the band. It was fun though... Across the mixer were such people as Slash, Zakk, Matt, Duff, Dizzy, and a host of others." (Krys Baratto, Sp1at, 04/15/05)

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont know about that thread, I'll look for it. But to clarify, whats reported is that Axl had a band writing tunes but nothing has been released that originated from the Shadow Company as far as is known. The Shadow Company is said to include Huge and Dizzy. Its difficult to tell if they could be described as 'shadow writers' should some of their material had been used by Axl.

I've never heard of the Shadow Company's existence coming into question, but would be interested to learn about that.

I'm just going by info found here: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13280

1997 ? co-writer(shadow company) Arkeen died that year, just as Axl seems to have had a funny turn, for the worst.

Axls dotted bandana turns to a plain white bandage looking thing. 

pigeons of shit metal put ISE on their new album knowing how much hassle the Arkeen estate give people over licencing issues for that song. 

does anything make sense in the GNR world ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't see any beer gut in that photo, just wide sport clothes.

exactly.. just stupid to call the man fat in -98 lol. He's wearing two layers of wide clothes ffs. 

If Axl was "fat" even back then i wouldn't want to know what some guys here count as being skinny. 

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Uploaded by Emet Galeana to the #GnFnR Fanspot FB Group.

"This is a photo of Axl and I at his home in Malibu July 2, 1998. You actually can see Axls leg tattoos which many people didn’t know he has!! He also signed my UYI 2 CD book and this is my collection in Guns N Roses tickets from Mexico, USA, South America, Norway and even my GNR fan club card."

46503950_1957266041056048_14129035802050

Pics of his ticket collection and UYI2 signed by Axl:

Reveal hidden contents

46499073_2185219841751867_18888254488261

46498026_2185219858418532_26486640002455

Lucky to get a photo with the MAN. 

To me, this photo shows you can’t judge a book by its cover. Here is a photo of a guy who impacted everyone here, and millions of others, in profound ways.  If I didn’t know Gn’R, I would pay this person zero mind on the street. 

Despite his success, Axl clearly allowed himself to let his appearance go and, more importantly, his health. 

Interesting how he has experimented with his image after this photo (2002, 2006, 2009, 2014, 2016)  

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

exactly.. just stupid to call the man fat in -98 lol. He's wearing two layers of wide clothes ffs. 

If Axl was "fat" even back then i wouldn't want to know what some guys here count as being skinny. 

Skinny is what he was in 91 and 92, especially the photos where he is on stage in the american flag colour bike shorts. The photo of axl in the grey top  in the thread, he has a gut. Its not because he is wearing 2 or 3 layers of jumpers or shirts. Yes im fat shaming him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnr forever said:

I don’t know why you guys act like it’s some big mystery lol. He just went from a super skinny130 lb 30 year old to a regular sized 180-200 adult and gained bodyfat and weight in his face. He doesn’t even look bad these days either despite what people say. I don’t think people really understand how small and skinny he was. 

EXACTLY :headbang: