Does anyone else find Axl's lack of relationships/partners a bit odd?

Towelie

I know this topic is a bit contentious and I'm sure I'll get slammed for it, but...

For a dude in his mid-fifties, who could've had anyone, he only married once briefly for a year, he has never had children and as far as we know, not had a long-term serious relationship or partner since the 90s.

Far be it from me to judge, Axl's personal life is his business and perhaps he has more going on than we realise and he's just very good at keeping his personal life private, but part of me thinks if he had someone, we'd have known about it by now.

Does anyone else find it a bit... unusual, shall we say? - that Axl has never even attempted to settle down or start a family?

Edited by Towelie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

Mind your own bussiness. Who the fuck cares what the guy is doin' in his bed, who he loves or not and why. It is his private thing not to mentions the question is pointless as free will is everybody's own thing.

Predictable response.

• Like 2

Probably a combination of sorts. Not everyone is the type to settle down and start a family. Plus, I do believe Axl sees the Lebeis family as an extension of his own family at this point.

He was in an extensive relationship with Sasha Volkova in the mid-late 00’s if I recall. That would be a great get for all these GnR podcasts lol

• Like 2

Probably because hes not great with respecting women, first and foremost.

There's this Sasha woman, right? Unless that's ended?

It's my impression that Axl continues to enjoy the spoils of rock n roll decadence. I don't think his needs go unmet.

I think he settled down with the Lebeis family? (not being sarcastic).

I'm not sure that I want kids either. And why take on a woman (or man) just for the sake of it?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, soon said:

It's my impression that Axl continues to enjoy the spoils of rock n roll decadence. I don't think his needs go unmet.

I'm not sure that I want kids either. And why take on a woman (or man) just for the sake of it?

Fair point.

• Like 1

Well I do no think we would ever know, unless he made a public appearence with someone.
I think from what we are able to see, that he is pretty Ok living by himself and not sharing his house with a woman.
He hasn't find that partner as Slash found in Meegan. And i think he is pretty ok with that anyways, and having fun with models and such (Lana del rey).
He can be a father whenever he wants if that is a desire for him, but maybe not.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, soon said:

I think the key is in your first sentence.

And the rest could be a combination of inability to maintain a healthy relationship with a normal person, personal issues, fears, doubts, giving up, not wanting to try anymore.

Truth is the older you get, the harder it is to find someone...... you become more maniac, more picky, moodier, less tolerant of differences..... so, it's a big effort, especially if you're not much into it.

I guess he's settled to the idea that TB are his family and that's how's going to be for the next decades.

But who knows.... maybe he's not totally closed to the idea. Love can appear any time, anywhere, it's something that you can't predict, really.

Just hope for him to be happy in whatever way he chooses to be happy and I also hope that his single status is a personal decision, not a place he's at because of his issues.

• Like 2

Good luck finding a true partner when you're

- an artist (= sensitive, different, "difficult")

- living a life between travelling the world or going full on hermit mode

- rich

- famous

Hard enough for a 'normal' guy to find a good woman these days. :lol:

When you get older, the regeneration and reflection of past hurt just takes longer and goes much deeper. You need the right person to help you heal but then again everbody's got their own horse to ride.

I just hope he's happy. I hope everbody's happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought beta has mentioned in the media that she would like axl to find someone. I think with the amount of money slash had to pay perla as part of his divorce i dont blame axl for not wanting to get married. Maybe he thinks hes left it to late.

Edited by Sydney Fan

8 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

He has his "mother" as his partner in life. For any woman in her right mind or with any self-respect to pursue Axl, Beta would have to go or at least have her role diminished.

TOTALLY THIS!

Sounds like a joke but it's true.... I wouldn't want to go through the scrutiny of Mrs. Beta....

• Like 1