5 Finger Death Punch Appreciation Thread

Billly B

Seen the band the other week. Gained a whole lot of respect for Ivan Moody with all the donations he made to Veterans groups, Police groups, Shriner, and St Judes. I was expecting a typically scream and mumble fest. He came out with a broken heal and for the most part sounded better live than the albums. He stopped the concert after seeing a woman fall over the railing. Got security out from crowding her and made sure appropriate medical personnel got to her. I have rarely seen a front man for any band make eye contact he truly interact with the crowd. Typically they say the usually gimmick things and get the money and leave. The band was pretty good as well.

my girlfriend loves these guys.  I thought there music was decent and then she took me to a show where they played with breaking Benjamin.  Both bands put on an amazing act.  five finger has definitely grown on me more. There set was really good and i loved the way he interacted with the crowd  

On 12/4/2018 at 5:23 AM, Andrew07 said:

my girlfriend loves these guys.  I thought there music was decent and then she took me to a show where they played with breaking Benjamin.  Both bands put on an amazing act.  five finger has definitely grown on me more. There set was really good and i loved the way he interacted with the crowd  

In my opinion he is one of the few that is better live than on a album. I liked some of the songs before seeing it with my girl friend. I now like them a lot better. Their respect for the military, police, and first-responders. Breaking Benjamin was great but it seemed like they were less personable and more of a scripted performance. 

On 12/5/2018 at 11:48 AM, -W.A.R- said:

They have a really awful band name. I bet it makes many write them off without hearing a note.

Many may write them off without hearing a note, but many people still enjoy them a great deal.  Their songs gets blasted consistently on the active rock radio stations and they can pretty much co-headline an arena/amphitheater anywhere in the states with a similar sized band of their contemporaries.  I say that's a pretty darn sweet deal for having a crappy band name.  Not a fan of theirs, but I have nothing against them.

Edited by Anguyen92

On 12/7/2018 at 1:20 AM, Anguyen92 said:

Many may write them off without hearing a note, but many people still enjoy them a great deal.  Their songs gets blasted consistently on the active rock radio stations and they can pretty much co-headline an arena/amphitheater anywhere in the states with a similar sized band of their contemporaries.  I say that's a pretty darn sweet deal for having a crappy band name.  Not a fan of theirs, but I have nothing against them.

Huge following considering todays music climate. It isn't a 15 minutes of fame thing either, they have been rocking the stage for over a decade and still drawing with album sales being excellent. With Co-headlining they are the show stopper. With the name it shows that it is about the music and their cause and not the marketing.

Not a fan of their music, but I respect the fact that they're pro-military, pro-police, etc.

Their guitarist, Jason Hook, is the biggest poser ever, though. Go look up the pictures of him from before he was tatted up and was the guitar player in a latter day incarnation of the BulletBoys....

Edited by The Real McCoy