Chinese Democracy Audio from 2009 Rehearsals Leaked!

Very cool.

Considering Richard alluded to how little they actually rehearsed before, that version of Chinese Democracy is super-tight. Forgot how much improved Ron was between 2006-2009; really respected the source material once he was actually given time to learn it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, default_ said:

Cool, theres some "Unknown Instrumental" tracks, it seems the rehearsal is mostly instrumental with Tommy and Bumblefoot doing vocals on some of it so maybe those are vocal unfinished "new songs". 

Probably just working on some of the jams they'd do in between songs. But you never know I guess.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Tommy and Bumblefoot on vocals... :unsure:

Well, when your frontman doesn't rehearse, you've gotta have someone keeping the band on the same page. Besides, they don't sing everything, just bits and pieces here and there. More a placeholder than actually doing vocals. Besides, Ron has a great voice. Check out when he had to finish singing YCBM at Download 2006 when Axl stormed offstage. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is another thing I sincerely hope no one paid any money for. Kinda neat to hear but worth aboslutely no money in my opinion. 

It's pure novelty, that's it. One of those things you listen to once and say "Huh, that's interesting" :shrugs: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, All Cautions Made said:

I'm more curious about those “Jams - Unknown Instrumentals”

The guy said that those could be new songs being rehearsed instrumentally. 

That doesn't matter to me much at all either. The magic, for me at least, is when Axl gets involved. 

There's a bootleg from 2007 where they do this awesome instrumental right before Patience. Sounds totally like it could be a GN'R song. Axl says something like "WE SHOULD MAKE A SONG OUT OF THAT" and it's obvious that it IS a GN'R song that they most likely have recorded. Again though, it's just something of a novelty to listen to unless Axl actually sings something IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Well, when your frontman doesn't rehearse, you've gotta have someone keeping the band on the same page. Besides, they don't sing everything, just bits and pieces here and there. More a placeholder than actually doing vocals. Besides, Ron has a great voice. Check out when he had to finish singing YCBM at Download 2006 when Axl stormed offstage. 

I know . It was more of way of saying I'm not downloading any of this.

Sorry :ph34r:

• GNFNR 1

Just downloaded and listened to the Chinese Democracy rehearsal track and have to say it sounds fantastic! I find this really interesting and would love to hear some of the other tracks. You get a different perspective on the samples and instrumentation, and the recording is top notch! Not for everyone of course, but personally would love to hear more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Just downloaded and listened to the Chinese Democracy rehearsal track and have to say it sounds fantastic! I find this really interesting and would love to hear some of the other tracks. You get a different perspective on the samples and instrumentation, and the recording is top notch! Not for everyone of course, but personally would love to hear more.

PLEASE do not pay anyone for any of this, I'm certain it'll all get out there without some asshole making money off of it. 

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, they posted with a certain enthusiasm so it makes me feel bad for that.

Lol, I'm dumb :facepalm:

:lol: You're not dumb but the people excited by this aren't either IMO. I personally don't care all that much about it, but I'm happy for those that are excited :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is another thing I sincerely hope no one paid any money for. Kinda neat to hear but worth aboslutely no money in my opinion. 

"Kinda neat" definitely sums up my thoughts on it lol all in all this is rehearsal audio from nearly 10 years ago from a long-since defunct lineup - not to mention a lineup that has DJ Ashba covering a lot of leads :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

CD sounds very good here, would dare say even better than the NITL lineup but not as smooth as the 2001/2 lineup — then again it was a very different song then!

The perceived value of these rehearsals may be enough to deliver us new GnR demos, so this could be great!

Would love to hear the rest of the rehearsals! Tommy’s voice is way underrated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

PLEASE do not pay anyone for any of this, I'm certain it'll all get out there without some asshole making money off of it. 

I appreciate that Russ. Don't worry, there's no danger of me doing that. I agree, hopefully it will find it's way out there for anyone (like me) interested in it.

P.S. Have you got any further than tracking numbers for the L&L set & Turntable? Musicvaultz seem a bit slow with their order processing.