Chinese Democracy Audio from 2009 Rehearsals Leaked!

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

As a drummer I’ve listened to both and I think it’s just the mix and from what I’ve heard frank play his drums have a much different sound and he plays a different style. I really do think slash modified and updated his parts though. The drums could just be different mixing 

People clearly underestimate what a good remix and remaster can achieve.

SOYL and MTTC benefited the most from this, what with being used as singles and all.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

According to the liner notes there is actually a RF solo on there, having to relisten to try and determine which one it is as all I can hear are those horrible, out-of-place bends that BBF does.

7. CATCHER IN THE RYE
(Rose, Tobias)

Drums: Brain
Bass: Tommy Stinson
Guitars: Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias
Keyboards: Chris Pitman, Dizzy Reed
Piano: Axl Rose
Guitar Solos: Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Robin Finck, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal
Background Vocals: Axl Rose
Vocals: Axl Rose

However, to your second point - you absolutely do not remove Brian May! Especially on a song like CITR that seemed to fit his sound so well.

Robin's solo starts just when Brian may's solo ends.

16 minutes ago, All Cautions Made said:

Atlas never leaked in any form, did it?

Just a snippet for what I thought is the intro but It was removed super fast from youtube , the intro or that part uploaded start with a acoustic guitar with storm like sounds in the background similar to November rain , I will try to describe it to a friend and hope he can get it and play it in his guitar. 

As I said sound so epic

27 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

If uptownterry is saying that the songs will be released officially soon enough and telling people to "wait for Christmas", surely that would only devalue anything he's supposedly trying to trade?

He might have some unreleased material but I seriously doubt he knows anything about the future of the band lol

This person must be saying this just to get attention, lets say he does really have something, saying stuff will be released soon not only gets the attention hes looking for but also pressure people who actually has stuff to trade or leak it. I call it bulshit but hope im wrong. 

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

IF any CD leaks happen (with Atlas & Checkmate being the current rumors) I sure as hell hope it's got the original Robin & Bucket guitar work on there. 

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Brian May pls. 

Either of that is fine. Based on the demo's we've heard I'd say everything that was done after 2004 made the tracks worse. No exceptions. 

But if the "Checkmate" track is the same as the snippet we've heard, we're in for a treat. It's very likely Atlas is from that disc (and period) too. 

Aside from that, I'm going to call it here and now - NOTHING. WILL. HAPPEN.

I base that on my 20+ years of being a GnR fan.  

• Like 1

Fuck it I'm going to choose to give him benefit of the doubt. This has been a weird year for leaks, you never know. He apparently has a track record with Checkmate and 99 versions and now the rehersals. I don't think its a stretch to say he has an inside connection. Clearly SOMEONE at least has Checkmate/Jackie and Atlas has been a big hoarder rumor for over a decade. The General also came out of almost nowhere this year, so it isnt a big reach that at least those 2 others can be out there in some form. That form may still suck, like The General's quality- barely audible and only a clip.

If its true it's lame they didn't rerecord the leftovers, and are just pasting Slash and Duff on them. Better than nothing though but why not just do that quick in April 2016? Shadow we all suspected was doctored and rerecorded in parts. No shocker there. As for the cover, it isnt a huge stretch theyd use session players for a 1 off cover. Its clear they know Axl, Duff, Slash = GNR from a power standpoint. They call the rest band members and utilize them live, but them featuring it not featuring on GNR studio recordings won't make it more or less GNR. Theyre great players, but that's just how it goes. Starky does session work and is quite respected, why not use him if he was easily available and affordable?

Idk all of this is so off the wall and stupid that Id believe it. Only GNR would reunite and have their first recording together in 20+ years be of a T Rex cover. Fuck it, why not?

Time will tell I guess

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I have issues believing someone has the full Checkmate recording. I do believe the 8 second snippet is all that exists. I’d love to hear it but I can’t see it being otherwise.

The original poster posted the clip to prove he had it, hence, "Checkmate". He could have easily had way more of it, if not the entire song

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The original poster posted the clip to prove he had it, hence, "Checkmate". He could have easily had way more of it, if not the entire song

I thought it was broadcasted over the radio? Unless you’re referring to that radio host which I doubt gives a shit now a days or even still has it. Or I could be missing something?

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I thought it was broadcasted over the radio? Unless you’re referring to that radio host which I doubt gives a shit now a days or even still has it. Or I could be missing something?

Pretty sure Checkmate was user posted pre 2008