Locked & Loaded Set Nominated For A Grammy

1 hour ago, soon said:

The only thing that I am excited about by this nomination is the potential to see the big 3 walk the red carpet together and maybe do brief interviews toget.... nah, I couldn't even finish the sentence. Not happening. :lol:

Axl will walk with Beta in arm...:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

We may not be able to hear Jason, but at least that gave us more than 3 live songs. It actually gave us more than 3 concerts.

For sure, I was just goofing around. Cant say why AJFA wouldnt make the list, other than that Metallica have multiple box sets and the Grammys prolly dont wanna award each and every one of them? AJFA is, after all, the album that they won them their first Grammy (not for the album). And brought them to the Grammy stage in 89'.

Maybe the Grammys don't want to bring up that whole 'Jethro Tull beat out Metallica in a Metal category' during the AJFA album cycle thing :lol:

Edited by soon

8 hours ago, soon said:

For sure, I was just goofing around. Cant say why AJFA wouldnt make the list, other than that Metallica have multiple box sets and the Grammys prolly dont wanna award each and every one of them? AJFA is, after all, the album that they won them their first Grammy (not for the album). And brought them to the Grammy stage in 89'.

Maybe the Grammys don't want to bring up that whole 'Jethro Tull beat out Metallica in a Metal category' during the AJFA album cycle thing :lol:

Hopefully they play the right bands music and don’t end up playing Metallica when Megadeth wins. I would hate to have GNR win and then they play some dumb ass Poison 

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, soon said:

Because we still cant hear Jasons' bass! :lol:

On 12/7/2018 at 2:15 PM, Ninjapie24 said:

We may not be able to hear Jason, but at least that gave us more than 3 live songs. It actually gave us more than 3 concerts.

Really disappointed that even with the remaster I still can’t listen to it in either of my 2 cars and my previous car. It sounds like total utter shit. Sounds like my speakers are farting.

Back on topic, would it not be completely humiliating to lose to Weird Al? No disrespect to the guy, but is music is satire. 

• GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Sounds better with Jason in the mix, too bad we couldn't get a proper remix. Barbiero said it mainly came down to the infinite amount of edits they had to do to make Lars drums takes work. So they splice together cuts of tape and that doesn't age well. So the original reels are just a pile of snippets of tape that have fallen apart.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 5:04 PM, Its Tino said:

Back on topic, would it not be completely humiliating to lose to Weird Al? No disrespect to the guy, but is music is satire. 

Wait... What? 

Without even arguing what a great artist Weird Al is, I'll say his boxed set was great. Cool packaging, cool unreleased material and his entire discography was included. 

• GNFNR 1

• 1 month later...