1987 Perkins Palace Patience Solo GOAT

1 hour ago, smoking guns said:

So nobody here has heard it? Hmmm. Maybe I will upload to YouTube. 

fantastic indeed, this Pasadena Perkins Palace show is probably one of the best recorded live performances of Guns n Roses along with Rio 1991, Ritz 1988, CBGB 1987 and a few others...

PRICELESS!

:headbang:

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Can barely hear Axl on that Rocket Queen. 

What are some good bootlegs from this era that sound similar to live tracks on the AFD Box Set? Axl sounds fantastic on those songs 

Soundboards: 

1987-06-28 The Marquee: So-so quality for a SBD but really solid performances. The live tracks on the box set is from this show.

1987-10-23 The Ritz: Quite good quality, somewhat weaker performances than Marquee.

1987-12-30 Perkins Palace: Sounds really strange, Axl does ok I guess.

Audience:

1987-09-30 Dusseldorf: Mediocre sound quality, but Axl sounds 99% like the album.

1987-10-08 Hammersmith: Better sound than Dusseldorf, similar performance.

1987-12-19 Dane County: Better sound than Hammersmith, raspier than gigs above.

Just PM me if you're interested in how they can be obtained.

Edited by Waemoth
  • Like 1

That Perkins Palace is one of my all time favorites.. The vocals are real low on some songs but better on others.. I think I like the banter in between the songs more than anything. Vintage Axl.. The stories and the song intros are legendary.  I think that is where I got the Axl quote from in my signature.

• Thanks 1

The Felt Forum, Tokyo, Philadelphia and Melbourne Australia are also great bootleg from that era.

I would rather the band release a DVD or Live Album of some of these classic shows 87/88 over any live or studio release from the NITL lineup.  Do both but get that shit out there. I want the world to remember how fucking awesome they were. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The Felt Forum, Tokyo, Philadelphia and Melbourne Australia are also great bootleg from that era.

I would rather the band release a DVD or Live Album of some of these classic shows 87/88 over any live or studio release from the NITL lineup.  Do both but get that shit out there. I want the world to remember how fucking awesome they were. 

Montezuma Hall 1988 is also a great show.

Agree so much with that they should release old shows rather than new ones. I have no interest in hearing Axl sounding bad. Anything from 1987, 1988, first two legs of 1991 or 1993.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smoking guns said:

But what about that patience guitar solo?!?!?

It's pretty fast for Slash, sure. I agree with it sounding better and being more interesting than the first parts of the solo on the album version. However, I think the ending on the album version is far better. Reminds me of the solos during The Late Show 1988, particularly the ones in Used To Love Her.

On 24/12/2018 at 3:35 PM, Waemoth said:

1987-12-30 Perkins Palace: Sounds really strange, Axl does ok I guess.

what? WHAT?

sound of this recording is absolutely crystal clear brilliant, bluesy like no other GNR bootleg (probably a bit slowed down) and guns n roses (including obviously axl who sings GREAT and the replacement drummer fred coury) are nothing short of FANTASTIC on this show!

maybe you are listening to shitty mp3s?

if you are, make sure to look for (and buy) "happy new year" and "california x-mas"

you won't regret

if that doesn't work, maybe these can help you

mq2Dw7e.jpg

:rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

In terms of the solo, Finck's were always my favourite. Rio 2001 as a particular highlight. Patience has been great as a whole this tour and is a song where Axl sounds fantastic throughout, throw in the combination of Slash and 4tus and it stands up against any live performance they've done of the song in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

What would that have to do with it? It's all personal preference. Wind your neck in

hey thanks for the classy answer!

it means you were not there when the song was released in 1988 and also not there when the song was performed from 1988 to 1993

because the finck option didnt exist then