Preorder Susan McKagen’s new book and a Duff Autographed 7” in Westies Record

Tourettes2400

A fashion model meets Johnny from the upcoming rock sensations The Westies :facepalm::lol:

Almost Famous meets Reality Bites and Spinal Tap, in this compelling and often injected with humor, fast-paced novel from Susan Holmes McKagan, Huffington Post front page writer/international supermodel and wife of Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver founding member and bassist Duff McKagan.

In the early nineties, Scarlett, a painter and high fashion model, finds herself working in some of the world’s most infamous fashion capitals. As her adventure continues, she meets Johnny of The Westies, an up-and-coming band on the cusp of superstardom.

What ensues is an unhinged ride of a novel following Scarlett as she navigates her life through fame, addiction, infidelity, and all the ups and downs of dating a legendary musician from one of the biggest rock bands in history.

Susan met Duff after he was sober in the mid nineties, so if its at all autobiographical it aint about she and Duff.

Or its her imagining that she met Duff when he was killing himself with vodka and then injecting the story with humour?? Also, this has got to be YA, right? Or I guess pulp like this is one size fits all now.

• Haha 2

So Susan writes fiction with never-ending hints to the bands and shortcomings of her husband? Hm. :shrugs:

I just love how their books live on Guns n Roses indications. Not. I get it though. Probably all those celebrity writers hint to their most successful thing they ever did. Still, it’s getting old.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

A fashion model meets Johnny from the upcoming rock sensations The Westies :facepalm::lol:

Almost Famous meets Reality Bites and Spinal Tap, in this compelling and often injected with humor, fast-paced novel from Susan Holmes McKagan, Huffington Post front page writer/international supermodel and wife of Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver founding member and bassist Duff McKagan.

In the early nineties, Scarlett, a painter and high fashion model, finds herself working in some of the world’s most infamous fashion capitals. As her adventure continues, she meets Johnny of The Westies, an up-and-coming band on the cusp of superstardom.

What ensues is an unhinged ride of a novel following Scarlett as she navigates her life through fame, addiction, infidelity, and all the ups and downs of dating a legendary musician from one of the biggest rock bands in history.

Susan met Duff after he was sober in the mid nineties, so if its at all autobiographical it aint about she and Duff.

Or its her imagining that she met Duff when he was killing himself with vodka and then injecting the story with humour?? Also, this has got to be YA, right? Or I guess pulp like this is one size fits all now.

duff had addictions in vr as well, didn't he?

"ridin home" is the name of a song from Loaded's EPISODE 1999: LIVE album 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episode_1999:_Live

izzy helped Duff write it (https://wikipediaproxy.com/wiki/Beautiful_Disease) and it rocks

i am guessing it is the same song (probably a re-worked version) that is played by the "westies" on this release

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats true. I think it was a couple weeks of prescription abuse and then he got sorted?

weeks?

i would say if it were "weeks" he wouldn't even bother mentioning it

must have been long months?

maybe a couple of years?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is this, Susan writing novels, the equivalent of ''the wife'' taking up origami or Spanish evening classes? ''Something for the old girl to do in her spare time''

She's still working as a model and columnist and designing swimwear too, so that's not really doing her justice, I think. She has been keeping herself busy throughout her marriage to Duff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think she is pretty , smart and a pretty smart woman. I think the title should not have gone with a play on her husband's bands, but it was done purposely and he is her husband.  Next step for them should be is to get her books made into a movie for Lifetime or Hallmark.