Tension in the early 2000's lineup

5 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Feeling like we can't talk about these things and keeping it taboo would promote stigma - and I think people using his known behaviours and trying to understand why he may do the things he does are generally well-intentioned, despite being unqualified.

You may have things mixed up. Asperger's was recently removed as it's own category from the DSM because it was instead included under the umbrella of ASD, but can still be used as a separate diagnosis.

I think it may be as simple as he does the things he does because it makes him more comfortable, with the added bonus of it fitting in with the Buckethead character. I think it was in the interview posted in the previous page that he confirmed that the mask/bucket image came about because it made him more comfortable with putting himself out there creating and performing, which he didn't feel he could do as Brian Carroll.

Actually it is promoting stigma when there is a whole group of people talking negatively about it and the individual that may or not have a disorder. Yes I know it was removed. As far as wearing a mask it could also be social anxiety or general anxiety disorder. 

Buckethead is a legend. He is incredibly skilful on guitar, musically fantastic, an artist as well, and seemingly a family person with a huge heart and love for his family. Can't believe people go on about him being a knob etc just because of who he is and how he's chosen to live his life. If he was bullied then shame on whoever bullied him. If he is on the autistic spectrum he deserves massive respect for overcoming the challenges that that might represent and elevating himself to a fabulous career - a role model. And if he isn't on the autistic spectrum then he still deserves massive respect for creating a truly unique persona in music.

True respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

23 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Buckethead is a legend. He is incredibly skilful on guitar, musically fantastic, an artist as well, and seemingly a family person with a huge heart and love for his family. Can't believe people go on about him being a knob etc just because of who he is and how he's chosen to live his life. If he was bullied then shame on whoever bullied him. If he is on the autistic spectrum he deserves massive respect for overcoming the challenges that that might represent and elevating himself to a fabulous career - a role model. And if he isn't on the autistic spectrum then he still deserves massive respect for creating a truly unique persona in music.

True respect.

100% agree.

Yes, his style of music is not for everyone - for most people, in fact. But he was the best musician GNR has ever had, In a technical and creative sense, and if Axl were more like him we'd have at least half a dozen, probably more, fascinating GNR albums to be talking about right now.

I couldn't care less how weird or fucked up he may be. The man is a genius.

6 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Read my post again

I did and I still don't understand your point. 

Outside of GNR, Tommy is a well-respected, arguably legendary musician. Whereas Slash - as much as I love him - has done nothing noteworthy outside of GNR. But you think Slash is a 'cool drunk' and Tommy isn't?

Edited by Rock the Cock

5 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

Outside of GNR, Tommy is a well-respected, arguably legendary musician. Whereas Slash - as much as I love him - has done nothing noteworthy outside of GNR. But you think Slash is a 'cool drunk' and Tommy isn't?

this is troll post of the year already

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

Slash is a fucking legend. Tommy is a nobody. Slash never had to bully anyone. Tommy, who is a wet fart in gnr history, did.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

this is troll post of the year already

Tommy was the bassist in the Replacements - they were a legendary and very influential band, close to the level of GNR. I am not your typical anti-Axl, anti-Slash, whatever... I love GNR, not interested in sides. But Tommy Stinson and the Replacements are on the same level of influence and importance as GNR. That's a fact - whether you like it or not!

11 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Slash is a fucking legend. Tommy is a nobody. Slash never had to bully anyone. Tommy, who is a wet fart in gnr history, did.

Slash is a legend. So is Tommy. Do your homework and turn your speakers to 11 in the process, son.

Edited by Rock the Cock
Exclamation mark!

2 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

But Tommy Stinson and the Replacements are on the same level of influence and importance as GNR. That's a fact - whether you like it or not/

I love The Replacements, and they were influential in their style and scene sure, however GNR was and is on another level in terms of influence and importance for sure

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

Tommy was the bassist in the Replacements - they were a legendary and very influential band, close to the level of GNR. I am not your typical anti-Axl, anti-Slash, whatever... I love GNR, not interested in sides. But Tommy Stinson and the Replacements are on the same level of influence and importance as GNR. That's a fact - whether you like it or not!

Thats not what you argued originally. 

Originally you tried to argue "Slash has done nothing noteworthy outside of GNR."

Slither won a Grammy, so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I love The Replacements, and they were influential in their style and scene sure, however GNR was and is on another level in terms of influence and importance for sure

In all honesty, I'm not interested in being drawn into the the "more or less" argument.

But, as a fellow Prince fam (based on your pic), perhaps you will agree that there is a better and worse influence? Who was a 'better' influence': the more talented Mr Nelson or the less talented but more popular Mr Jackson? I'm no arbiter of taste or fact, but of course there is a certain objectivity in music. Just for arguments' sake: I don't want to pretend to judge on music in any way at all.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Thats not what you argued originally. 

Originally you tried to argue "Slash has done nothing noteworthy outside of GNR."

Slither won a Grammy, so.

Slither is a fantastic song, in my opinion.  I like Contraband and Libertad a lot. So I'll retract what I said. But is anything he has made really great?

P.S. I don't think Chinese Democracy is that great, either. Still love it, though. There's nothing wrong with an album with flaws.

Edited by Rock the Cock
just spellin'

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not at all, when it's a coherent argument. I have no clue what you are trying to say right now other than disagreeing with other peoples point of view. 

Look up the Replacement's reviews by professional music critics. Then look up GNR's. The Replacements have several acclaimed and influential albums. GNR only has the one.

Personally, I like GNR more. But if you want to look at at it objectively, the Replacements win. Every single time.

It doesn't really matter. If you like GNR more, fine - so do I!  But don't pretend that they matter more, when they objectively don't: this is one of the beauties of music - if I like Sigue Sigue Sputnik more than the Rolling Stones, you can't tell me I'm wrong. But one is better and one is worse and anybody can give you a coherent reason why.

Regardless, I like GNR more than any of those bands. But coherency doesn't come into it.

Edit: this was not meant as a critique of GNR, in any way at all. But when people act like Tommy Stinson is  a "nobody"--Tommy Stinson of the fucking Replacements--it needs to be corrected. 

Edited by Rock the Cock