Joe Rogan on Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses

10 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

For all his idiosyncrasies, I enjoy Rogan's podcast.

It'd be great to get Axl in for a long form interview with a non-media type person.

I think they'd bond over stand up comedy and martial arts.

Hi-ya! 

Yea I think Rogan would be surprised with who Axl is and they’d probably talk about kickboxing or something.

but for sure I think Axl would come across much more normal than Rogan seems to have created him in his mind. It would be a good chance to adjust the perception of Axl. 

2 minutes ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

Care to summarise?

They just talk about how awesome gnr were back in the day. How crazy Axl went and how he’s come back. But then are shocked by current photo’s of him. 

They don’t know much about Axl which would make it a fun interview 

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They just talk about how awesome gnr were back in the day. How crazy Axl went and how he’s come back. But then are shocked by current photo’s of him. 

They don’t know much about Axl which would make it a fun interview

Ah, the ordinary then. Can't imagine Axl doing it, though it would be great if he did.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Who the fuck is this nob and who gives a fuck about his opinion?  I've seen him interviewing a few people I like, Henry Rollins for example but I dunno who the fuck he is or who had the idea to give him a job interviewing people etc

That's Joe Rogan, he's huge in the States, in the same way Russel Brand is a popular voice in the UK. Rogan has an army of followers and I listen to him on the regular. He's actually very influential in the respect that podcasts today are hot commodities and Joe was one of the very first to build a brand on the podcast format. He can always be counted on for a great perspective.

He'll be the first to tell you, he isn't a journalist, therefore, he doesn't "interview" people, he "talks to them." It's more of a relaxed, anything goes type of dialogue where Rogan and the other person discuss everything under the sun, not just the guest's agenda or history. Here he is talking to this guy and Axl gets brought up, for example, nothing is off the table for discussion.

In that respect, something like this would be the absolute best forum for Axl Rose because he wouldn't be pressured at all to talk about things he wants to avoid. Him and Joe could easily go three hours talking about Trump and cultural issues. Last year, when James Hetfield was on the show, him and Rogan spent two hours talking about the colonization of honeybees - for real...

1 minute ago, appetite4illusions said:

That's Joe Rogan, he's huge in the States, in the same way Russel Brand is a popular voice in the UK. Rogan has an army of followers and I listen to him on the regular. He's actually very influential in the respect that podcasts today are hot commodities and Joe was one of the very first to build a brand on the podcast format. He can always be counted on for a great perspective.

He'll be the first to tell you, he isn't a journalist, therefore, he doesn't "interview" people, he "talks to them." It's more of a relaxed, anything goes type of dialogue where Rogan and the other person discuss everything under the sun, not just the guest's agenda or history. Here he is talking to this guy and Axl gets brought up, for example, nothing is off the table for discussion.

In that respect, something like this would be the absolute best forum for Axl Rose because he wouldn't be pressured at all to talk about things he wants to avoid. Him and Joe could easily go three hours talking about Trump and cultural issues. Last year, when James Hetfield was on the show, him and Rogan spent two hours talking about the colonization of honeybees - for real...

Who is he though, I mean why give him a podcast and not the dustman?

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Who the fuck is this nob and who gives a fuck about his opinion?  I've seen him interviewing a few people I like, Henry Rollins for example but I dunno who the fuck he is or who had the idea to give him a job interviewing people etc

man, he was in Newsradio, one of the best sitcoms of the last 25 years, with the legendary Phil Hartman.

• GNFNR 1

He is a comedian, just like Russel Brand. He's also an actor, a Mix Martial Arts commentator and the host of the reality show "Fear Factor," back in the day.

Nobody gave him the podcast job - he started it over a decade ago because he was interested in getting friends and other famous people in a room and broadcasting their conversations. He created his job by succeeding at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, appetite4illusions said:

Joe Rogan and Russell Brand is a good comparison. They both represent the idiot's thinking man - except Brand is hilarious. 

I listen to Rogan's podcasts when he has someone interesting, but he really is such a pretentious, uninformed dickhead sometimes. I watched his special on Netflix the other day and  he's without doubt one of the worst comedians I've ever seen.

Having said that, Axl on a Joe Rogan podcast would be fucking amazing, but also most likely an absolute car crash of craziness.

Edited by Rock the Cock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Who is he though, I mean why give him a podcast and not the dustman?

He started the podcast himself as far as I know? And I think it just exploded, but before that he was the host of fear factor and he's heavily involved martial arts and the UFC. 

He's a pretty good interviewer, sometimes it's dumb, but most of the time he has very interesting guests, it's worth a look / listen.

21 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

Joe Rogan and Russell Brand is a good comparison. They both represent the idiot's thinking man - except Brand is hilarious. 

I listen to Rogan's podcasts when he has someone interesting, but he really is such a pretentious, uninformed dickhead sometimes. I watched his special on Netflix the other day and  he'swithout doubt one of the worst comedians I've ever seen.

Having said that, Axl on a Joe Rogan podcast would be fucking amazing, but also most likely a ln absolute car crash.

Nah Axl would come off well just like the TMS interview or Kimmel, he's a pretty likable guy in interviews.

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah Axl would come off well just like the TMS interview or Kimmel, he's a pretty likable guy in interviews.

Until Rogan starts bringing up conspiracy theories and some sort of weird shit Axl would never be asked about on a mainstream interview.

Also, pretty off topic, but the guest on this video is blatantly a closeted homosexual :|

27 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

Until Rogan starts bringing up conspiracy theories and some sort of weird shit Axl would never be asked about on a mainstream interview.

Also, pretty off topic, but the guest on this video is blatantly a closeted homosexual :|

Yeh, true but it's hard to know if Axl would be open to going down that rabbit hole. Axl may very well be I to things like that! And even if he is as long as he isn't saying he has correspondence with the CIA he'll be fine! Steve Tyler is a huge conspiracy fan and he talked about it on Joe's show!