Favorite stories from GNR members' books?

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

From Slash's book

From Duff's book

You are both right :lol:

“It was another way that I wasn’t like anyone else, but I can count on one hand the confrontations I’ve had that were racially motivated; they occurred once I was sub merged in the very white universe of eighties metal. One time I got into a fight with Chris Holmes from WASP. Duff overheard Chris saying that hooray for tolerance!s shouldn’t play guitar. He didn’t say it to me, but it was obviously about me. As I remember, Duff told me about it later and the next time I saw Chris I went up to confront him and he took off running. Aside from insulting me, it’s one of the most ridiculous and untrue things a musician, of all people, could ever possibly say.” - Slash.

“One night Slash and I went out to The Rainbow, a restaurant next to the Roxy on Sunset that was famous as a rock-and-roll hangout. They gave us a booth. This was a new level of deference. A booth! At The Rainbow! As we proceeded to get blasted, a really big, drunk guy wandered over to our table. Though he looked like an overgrown hick, he was in fact the guitar player from a band considered quite big just then - bigger than Guns. He addressed himself to Slash:

"hooray for tolerance!s shouldn’t wear tattoos”, he said.

What? Was this his idea of a joke or something?

He wasn’t laughing.

I stood up.

“What the fuck did you say to my friend?”

“You heard. hooray for tolerance!s shouldn’t wear tattoos.”

I slugged the guy. Then I slugged him again. And again. He reminded me of the bullies back in Seattle, the meatheads who beat up punks in packs, who called everyone hooray for tolerance!s. I’m not sure how many times I hit him - I just completely lost it - but he went down. I found out later that three of his ribs were broken.“ -  Duff

Which both is true❓ but both are ridicoulous and horrible .

2 hours ago, Rayno said:

C'mon. "Horrible"? Ridiculous yes, but with happy and funny ending - the idiot got what he deserved.

Chris Holmes in that infamous drunken swimming pool scene from Decline of Western Civilization: The metal years.  That was classic but it seemed somewhat staged.  All of the bands they profiled in that doc, they should go back and interview them now.  I remember a band, it might've been London, who claimed they were going to take over the world. They fell a bit short.

I liked this one explaining Axls lateness around 1991 .

When the owner asked why Axl was being late for the thousandth time, he said: "Axl’s management said he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, and that Axl’s attention was 100% on the movie and couldn't be bothered."

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

When the owner asked why Axl was being late for the thousandth time, he said: "Axl’s management said he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, and that Axl’s attention was 100% on the movie and couldn't be bothered."

Running around his suite goin' 'GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!' and dreaming up the next 'Tastes Good, Don't It?' while a few thousand people stand there looking at and empty stage like a bunch of wankers :lol:

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:58 AM, spunko12345 said:

You know, I could maybe understand watching a movie that would get him psyched for a show.  Maybe The Longest Yard, I know he's a fan of that one, the Mean Machine and all that.  But the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, come on man.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

You know, I could maybe understand watching a movie that would get him psyched for a show.  Maybe The Longest Yard, I know he's a fan of that one, the Mean Machine and all that.  But the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, come on man.

1991 was a different world mate 😂