Any Bob Dylan fans?

PsychoKiss344

I've heard his first 8 albums the most, all pretty fantastic, kinda dipped in and out of the other stuff but i do plan to give it a more comprehensive listen at some point.  The first 8 albums are just mind-blowing though.  Another Side is particularly good, as well as Highway 61, possibly the one I've listened to the most.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. Used to be a bit of a Dylan fanatic. Saw him live thrice, more than any other act seen by me.

I heard Rocky Raccoon is a pisstake of Bob Dylan.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I've heard his first 8 albums the most, all pretty fantastic, kinda dipped in and out of the other stuff but i do plan to give it a more comprehensive listen at some point.  The first 8 albums are just mind-blowing though.  Another Side is particularly good, as well as Highway 61, possibly the one I've listened to the most.

I heard Rocky Raccoon is a pisstake of Bob Dylan.

I have never heard of that actually.

His '60s work is as impeccable as The Beatles' discography, Freewheelin', 61, Blonde on Blonde, John Wesley Harding - don't forget The Basement Tapes. The ''Judas'' concert is also one of the greatest live albums; it is available with the bootleg series. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Dylan was fond of making arrogant little comments bordering along the lines of he could easily write songs like The Beatles and The Stones hits but they couldn't write like him so as a pisstake they made this sort of meandering nonsensical American tale that just played with imagery without really saying much but sounding like it is, which some people often accused Dylan of doing.  In the Anthology some lyrics are different too, 'black mining hills of Dakota' actually began as 'a little town somewhere in Minnesota'.

Edited by Len Cnut

16 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I've recently really got into Bob Dylan, anyone else on here listen to him?

Huge fan! Get The Bootleg Series Vol. 4. It's pretty much mandatory. The live versions of Visions of Johanna and Desolation Road are so ridiculously good. 

• Like 1

I own a few albums, but am not well versed. I like it. I am the type who frequently favours the covers of his songs, but I love plenty of his performances/recordings too. Not a huge fan of Guns Knocking cover though. My favourite covers currently being Ramblin' Jack Elliots' take on 'Dont Think Twice, Its Alright.' Grateful Dead's (80's era) live takes on 'Its All Over Now Baby Blue' and 'Desolation Road.' And of course Hendrix's Watchtower.

I lived near Garth Hudson from The Band (who backed Dylan for a spell) and I swear he was driving a bus I was on once. 

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

His '60s work is as impeccable as The Beatles' discography, Freewheelin', 61, Blonde on Blonde, John Wesley Harding - don't forget The Basement Tapes. The ''Judas'' concert is also one of the greatest live albums; it is available with the bootleg series. 

Yeah when you look at The Beatles and Dylan's discography in the 60's, just crazy.

Such good music.