Brian Johnson confirms new album

brad_k

4 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

LOL @ the gratuitous Michael Butler mentions.

Outstanding stuff.

If it's not Cliff, I do think it'll be someone left field. Archie McPherson posted a picture of himself in Vancouver when the fella's were spotted there, so my money will continue to be on him.

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

If it's not Cliff, I do think it'll be someone left field. Archie McPherson posted a picture of himself in Vancouver when the fella's were spotted there, so my money will continue to be on him.

Boaby Petta?

Edited by Bansidhe
  • Haha 1

As much as I like Axl and would love to hear new music from him in any shape or form, I think it makes much more sense for this entire new record (not just one side of it) to feature only Brian. It would mean more to the band, the fans, and the memory of Malcolm.

Besides, this frees up Axl's schedule to focus on new GN' - oh who am I kidding?!

On a more serious note, I hope Eddie's suspicions that Cliff is involved are correct. They should try to retain as much of the classic line-up for this as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Rumors have been for awhile now that Axl will guest on one or two songs on the new album. Chris Slade mentioned this last year. I’m thinking that’s still the plan. Hoping to see Axl and Brian at least trade vocals for a few songs on the road at some point. 

Axl doing guest vocals alongside Brian for one or two songs is something I’d be ok with, actually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

What do you mean you “busted him?”

He tweeted about something going on in Atlanta a few days before it hit the national news.  Which was not long after AC/DC left Vancouver.  It was that thing with the kid.  Don't remember the story.  Speculating Axl was in Atlanta when the story broke, tieing into what he was doing there with AC/DC the time before.  I could be totally wrong.  Do they list all the recording studios on albums?

• Like 1

Well, an AXL/DC album would have been cool and interesting...but it just feels right this way. It's Brian's gig.
One song featuring both Brian and Axl as a duet would be the perfect way to deal with it. Plus, a new AC/DC album (probably the last one) could definately use some surprising elements.
Just another "Black Ice", "Rock or Bust" type record would be not that interesing, imo.
Hope AC/DC goes out with a bang! :)

• Like 1