10 Super Bowl halftime acts that would've been a better choice than Maroon 5

Original

The only reason Maroon 5 is doing it is because no one else wanted the gig. Bands and acts don’t want to get into the middle of the political lightning rod between players’ right to protest (regarding racism and police bias), owners’ banning of such activity, and Trump’s politicization of football. 

Glad GnR isn’t doing it.  Would hate to have 2002 VMA over again 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

The best choice would be Aerosmith! Best band in the World, then the obvious choice, Guns N'Roses. Journey did a pretty good job some years ago too.

Wait, what? Aerosmith already played the half time show. Journey never has to my knowledge. 

The acts now pay the NFL for the performance slot through sponsor ties. Beforehand they didn’t get paid at all. They also make you pre record the performance 

Unless you have something you need to promote, there’s little to gain for playing that show. 

Things would have to be dire for GNR to agree to those guidelines. I would never personally want to see Axl lip synch a performance with Slash’s guitar unplugged 

It would be cool, but we all know Axl chokes under pressure every single time. Every time there's a live performance that's being televised or streamed or anything, he folds quicker than a cheap Chinese bicycle. If he wasn't *PERFECT*, it would be detrimental. 

Personally in terms of super bowl half time shows if it is going to be a rock band it will likely be one who is either super relevant at the time or has several large hits. The bands that specifically come to mind would be:

Classic Bands:

• Foreigner
  • Def Leppard
  • Aerosmith
  • AC/DC Brian or Axl
  • Journey

Up and Coming/Relatively Newer:

• Greta Van Fleet
  • Foo Fighters

Personally I think Def Leppard would be the most likely of the above bands to preform they have classic hits that are really well known and could easily put on a killer 4-6 song set

That halftime show was horrible. Adam should stick with coaching The Voice. Just terrible show yesterday.  Adam ripping off his curtain fabric muscle tank and trying to be dangerous I guess with his bare chested tatted up body fell flat. He's anything but dangerous. 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:13 PM, BlueJean Baby said:

Damn scammers are everywhere, some guy made off with $1,000,000 of money for fake Super Bowl tickets and I just saw on the local news that tonight they made a traffic stop and found thousands of fake tickets to Saturday's Foo Fighters concert in the backseat of the guy's car. :facepalm:

Anyone who is dumb enough to buy scalper super bowl tix deserves to be scammed.