The truth, and the end.

1 hour ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

If you don't think the sales of Chinese Democracy were affected by the leaked material a year in advance, you're fucking incredibly dumb. What incentive does the band have recording an album NOW if someone's going to find a way to get it online well in advance, so when the album does drop, nobody buys it because they've already got it in a file on their computer?

Lol, have you stopped to think that those leaks where leaked by employees of GN'R and not the fans? :lol:

How would any fan have such material if there wasn't a link within the organization providing material to the "outside"?

They should be more careful with what kind of people they hire and how to take care of their own material. That is not an excuse to not release an album though. 

Besides, nowadays, most new artists are releasing single songs, not albums. Some artists drop a song every month, until they finally release a whole album. This is the way to fight the leaks, to leak your own album yourself befofe other people do it.

The problem with GN'R (or maybe Axl and his managers) is that they are dinosaurs who don't understand the dynamics of the current music business. They are stuck in 1992.

No other artist in the world have those problems becuase most of them have adapted to the new forms, new rules and they take advantage of the digital platforms instead of fighting them and fighting the fans.

Wow! Some people just love drama. Awesome! You stopped being a fan because you got your content pulled down. Now do you have to come on to a fan forum to seek attention and tell people you stopped being a fan as a result?  Kudos to you for not being a fan anymore.

Have you ever given the thought that  maybe GNR, management,  or whoever has that right considering that it is intellectual property? You don't have to like it, but you have to respect and see it from their side as well. Besides there is still content online regarding old videos. 

Just enjoy the music and live life. Life is too short for stuff like this. 

• Like 2

I've believed for years that TB is the absolute worst thing that ever happened to Axl and GNR as an entity. I think they have brainwashed Axl and just sunk their claws into him over the last 25 years and controlled him and his career. Not to mention the other "yes men" that leech off of him, like Del. How many other rock singers do you see with such a cabal around them like Axl has? I blame them for pretty much anything bad that's happened in the last 25 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Again, this has nothing to do with wanting new material. 

"A band that does not record new music. A band that does not respect its fans. A band that is allied with crazy people to pursue their fans, is not worth being even heard" What's that? a lot of people are talking about new material, even if the OP wasn't directly, that's who I was talking to. This guy is upset that his videos were removed and someone maybe by the band? he doesn't seem to be sure! have heavy handed him with legal threats and the whole nine yards! IF the band are a party to that, then yeah I understand him giving up on the band. 

Be all end all of this, no matter how unpopular this fact is - if the band decides to remove copyrighted material, that is their right to do so. You don't own the recordings on your phone from the show, and you certainly don't own soundboard audio. When the quality of the recordings is multi-cam and pro audio that's always going to raise eyebrows among labels and bands. I personally think it's harmless, but maybe GNR just don't see it that way! not caring for the possible benefits of having the shows online just like Prince, who also had a stranglehold on bootlegging.

I would never have been as big a fan of Guns if it wasn't for the boots, especially the VHS boots (Chicago, Deer Creek, Ritz) which I used to trade ''back in the day''; these revealed what an electric band they were live. But then Guns refuse to provide official versions, and now wish to curb unofficial ones. Just to put this in perspective, if you followed the exclusively ''official line'', the only two shows you are permitted to see according to Del James and his ilk are Tokyo '92 and that Vegas nugnr piece of rubbish! Thirty plus years as a live band, Axl Rose as a liver performer, etc., and that is the only two shows you are allowed to see!

This band really doesn't help itself. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

59 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

It's not fun to be a gnr fan, it never was and never will be. Its a shame this band doesn't realize their classic footage is one of epic proportions. In the end it's their content and if they want it down i respect that (but not like it) It's just the way they conducted it whats bad. These video's where on youtube for many years, most of them monetized by Universal so they made nice money offa it. Then suddenly without notice, they start blocking it and instead of announcing they don't want there music being shared, they use some disturbed idiots to do the dirty work, thinking to escape the heat that would rise from it. This was the moment when i realized that a band i loved has officially lost touch with their fanbase.  Besides, Fernando never responding while tons of evidence was provided is the best proof of being involved themselves. 
But hey Fernomenoyde in these cases you don't wanna be let down by it all giving it all up, you gotta just keep on sharing that stuff there's tons of places where you can still do your thing, maybe with a smaller audience but who fucking cares it's not about money making or getting much views. It's about spreading the gnfnr religion. As long as i breathe i will share these classic vids and if the band won't release stuff i will do it for them. Only to make sure this footage will be preserved and for the sake of future generations to come. The sheer importance of these legendary performances should never be underestimated!!!!!

Amen. if we could buy an official release we would. but as we cant we should just share everything we have between ourselves. 

• Like 2

99 percent of the people at shows are not part of the GNR online community.  

You overestimate the influence of your Yourube channels. 

The NITL tour was a huge success critically and financially. All the shows started pretty much on time.  No shows were cancelled. 

Del is a loyal friend and great manager. 

Just because he doesn’t shoot his mouth off like Niven or Goldstein does not make him a bad person  or ass kisser  

None of us know Axl well enough to know what is good for him. He is private   

People here need to realize that copyright infringement comes under white collar crime  

if the copyright holder wants to enforce the law it is their legal right to do so . 

Definition of white collar crime from

wilipedia 

White-collar crime (or corporate crime, more correctly) refers to financially motivated, nonviolent crime committed by business and government professionals.[1] Within criminology, it was first defined by sociologist Edwin Sutherland in 1939 as "a crime committed by a person of respectability and high social status in the course of their occupation".[2] Typical white-collar crimes could include fraud, bribery, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, labor racketeering, embezzlement, cybercrime, copyright infringement, money laundering, identity theft, and forgery.[3] Lawyers can be specialized in white-collar crime.[4]

Edited by Raiken
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I am a real fan. I actually enjoyed the material on the Locked N' Loaded set because I hadn't heard it 20 years before.

You know, there was a reason Axl flipped out in St. Louis in 1991. Just because he can't stop everyone from bringing their smartphones to a show in today's world doesn't mean he can't have a say on what can and cannot be put online.

Jeez, do you people ever THINK that maybe the reason the band and management are trying to get a handle on things like this is because they want to make a new record, but fear these people with their "fan channels" will end up leaking the shit?

Begone Capitalist Piggy and leave us Music Fans alone. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would never have been as big a fan of Guns if it wasn't for the boots, especially the VHS boots (Chicago, Deer Creek, Ritz) which I used to trade ''back in the day''; these revealed what an electric band they were live. But then Guns refuse to provide official versions, and now wish to curb unofficial ones. Just to put this in perspective, if you followed the exclusively ''official line'', the only two shows you are permitted to see according to Del James and his ilk are Tokyo '92 and that Vegas nugnr piece of rubbish! Thirty plus years as a live band, Axl Rose as a liver performer, etc., and that is the only two shows you are allowed to see!

This band really doesn't help itself. 

We almost had as much shit back in the day as there is now..

I’m sure you remember the Paris gig broadcast on Channel 4. That was heavily bootlegged and then their was the standard shaky as fuck big screen videos same as a million bands at the time. 

Quite often they would re-use a vhs thay hadn’t sold. The first copy of Chile 92 I got on vhs had the tail end of a levellers gig after the Guns show...

Guns were always a heavily bootlegged band. If they release any of the gigs I have on boot for purchase  I will buy, until then I’ll do what I’ve always done which is collect boots. 

Some bands encourage it, some allow it, some release them as a matter of course, and Guns obviously have their own take on it.

Between Vinyls, Cassettes, CDs and Music vids I’m sure I have over 1,500 boots.

The unfortunate truth is that we don’t matter to Team Brazil. They will still sell successful tours and products without us and the now-removed online content. We are only a minority’s among GN’R fans and casual listeners. We never heard a proper response from Team Brazil about this, because frankly, we are a drop in the ocean. Sad but true.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The unfortunate truth is that we don’t matter to Team Brazil. They will still sell successful tours and products without us and the now-removed online content. We are only a minority’s among GN’R fans and casual listeners. We never heard a proper response from Team Brazil about this, because frankly, we are a drop in the ocean. Sad but true.

Not only we don't matter to them, it seems that we're annoying the shit out of them because of our criticism.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band has every right to take down whatever they want, sorry.

If you're as old as you look in your picture, you can probably remember a time before the internet. When people had to buy music in a store. When they had to wait for their band's video to air on MTV, and maybe get it recorded to a VHS tape. Or sneak in a recorder to a concert to get audio of a few songs. Back then, that was "bootlegging".

I'm so fucking annoyed by the people who bitched about the music Guns N' Roses supplied for the Locked N' Loaded and Super Deluxe Editions. "Oh, we've heard this before, it's been online for 20 years".

EXACTLY! People found the files online and illegally downloaded them years ago. Then they have the nerve to complain because everything in the box set was stuff they already heard?

It's called fucking STEALING. 

Hate to tell you this, but there is this thing called "intellectual property". The audio files and video clips you find on the internet and illegally upload/download? The band can readily make the case it belongs to them. They're the ones performing the songs. You go to the shows, you hear the performance while you're there. That's all the band owes you. Recording the whole show to put on You Tube is not some kind of bonus the band offered you. They can remove anything they damn well please.

If you don't think the sales of Chinese Democracy were affected by the leaked material a year in advance, you're fucking incredibly dumb. What incentive does the band have recording an album NOW if someone's going to find a way to get it online well in advance, so when the album does drop, nobody buys it because they've already got it in a file on their computer? You can't keep expecting them to offer freebies inside a CD case or album jacket just to get people to buy a hard copy.

People these days, they want everything for nothing, and then bitch when it's gone because they abused the shit out of it.

No offense, but to me this is the absolute wrong way to think about things overall.  To not use self-generated fan enthusiasm in the form of videos and audio not profitted from, not sold, but shared by the very fanbase who buys tickets to shows and buys all official material, and to actively root against it in the internet age is stupid.

If you think a small faction of people interested enough in GNR to begin with who watch Saskatoon '93 are the problem, I don't know what to tell you

We aren't talking about leaks of studio material even, we are talking about fan footage from shows edited by fans that are being taken down.  We are talking about old proshots from 1993 that  take away nothing from the band.  The band can take down anything they want sure.  But that doesn't mean they can't make incredibly stupid choices with what is taken down

If the band goes "that is our legal property and it must be removed now" as opposed to "look at how passionate fans are in loving these old shows and footage of our most recent shows, let's appreciate their love for us", that is stupid - legal right or not

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Raiken said:

The NITL tour was a huge success critically and financially. All the shows started pretty much on time.  No shows were cancelled. 

Just because he doesn’t shoot his mouth off like Niven or Goldstein does not make him a bad person  or ass kisser  

People here need to realize that copyright infringement comes under white collar crime  

if the copyright holder wants to enforce the law it is their legal right to do so . 

wilipedia 

White-collar crime (or corporate crime, more correctly) refers to financially motivated, nonviolent crime committed by business and government professionals.[1] Within criminology, it was first defined by sociologist Edwin Sutherland in 1939 as "a crime committed by a person of respectability and high social status in the course of their occupation".[2] Typical white-collar crimes could include fraud, bribery, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, labor racketeering, embezzlement, cybercrime, copyright infringement, money laundering, identity theft, and forgery.[3] Lawyers can be specialized in white-collar crime.[4]

Beta pls stop.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Raiken said:

wilipedia 

Like Lio said, these videos were not being monetized on the fan's side of things. 

Have you ever watched a youtube video of a song that was uploaded by someone other than the band? Or fan cell phone footage of a show by a band you dig?  All in all for GNR to treat those things like the enemy is stupid, no other way around it

16 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

The truth is that I got tired of this band.
The latest developments coincide with my intuition. From the first moment I said that one or two people could not delete videos and channels on YouTube, without the consent of, at least, Team Brazil.
Now, it turns out that while the stupid people who did all this fights in public at social networks, they expose their participation and responsibilities. But above all, with those who work. Yes, TB.

At least, that's what some "W" guy said to several people. And that is already public known.
For that reason, and because if the band is aware and approves the witch hunt on bootlegs (as if they were gold recordings), or is only management responsability and the musicians live in a parallel dimension ... well, the result is that I want to vomit in all of them. But especially in those who authorize this kind of things.

I do not write this just for my channel, "Noise Pollution", but for the channels of many friends who also died thanks to the lack of brains of egocentric fools.
Do you know how many times I saw comments that talked about attending shows of the band after watching my videos?
That was free advertising, Team Brazil. It was part of the most powerful thing you can find in marketing: the organic recommendation, word of mouth, that the tour was good.
But you decided to shit in our selfless work, in the love of the fans.
A band that does not record new music. A band that does not respect its fans. A band that is allied with crazy people to pursue their fans, is not worth being even heard.

I am leaving this horrible band thinking about the gesture of Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, congratulating the boy who has formed the largest file of bootlegs on the web. They even took some pictures and console recordings were promised.

That's the leader of a band that proposes new and challenging music all the time. The same that Axl admired to the point of "stealing" a guitarist and trying to clone his sound.

These days I feel sorry for Guns N 'Roses. 
If admins want to delete this post, or remove me from the forum, I will understand.
But I had to say it. Axl, you let a bunch of wakos and Team Brazil separate you more from the fans than you've ever been.

Shame on you Axl Rose, shame on you!

I haven't got a word to say against what you wrote

I actually wholeheartedly agree with most of the things you wrote

I can understand your frustration

I see utter and complete disappointment in your words

I just would like to point out that you are not really pissed off at "Guns n Roses" because "Guns n Roses", the best band ever, doesn't really exist anymore

It's been that way for nearly three decades now

What you are pissed off at is some other band

It's the band owned by Axl Rose

It's the band that successfully presents itself as "Guns n' Roses" and tours the world as "Guns n' Roses"

That band's music and actions basically go against everything that Guns n' Roses once was

That band's music and actions basically go against everything that Guns n' Roses once stood for

That band is not Guns n' Roses

And it has never fuckin' been

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

The truth is that I got tired of this band.
The latest developments coincide with my intuition. From the first moment I said that one or two people could not delete videos and channels on YouTube, without the consent of, at least, Team Brazil.
Now, it turns out that while the stupid people who did all this fights in public at social networks, they expose their participation and responsibilities. But above all, with those who work. Yes, TB.

At least, that's what some "W" guy said to several people. And that is already public known.
For that reason, and because if the band is aware and approves the witch hunt on bootlegs (as if they were gold recordings), or is only management responsability and the musicians live in a parallel dimension ... well, the result is that I want to vomit in all of them. But especially in those who authorize this kind of things.

I do not write this just for my channel, "Noise Pollution", but for the channels of many friends who also died thanks to the lack of brains of egocentric fools.
Do you know how many times I saw comments that talked about attending shows of the band after watching my videos?
That was free advertising, Team Brazil. It was part of the most powerful thing you can find in marketing: the organic recommendation, word of mouth, that the tour was good.
But you decided to shit in our selfless work, in the love of the fans.
A band that does not record new music. A band that does not respect its fans. A band that is allied with crazy people to pursue their fans, is not worth being even heard.

I am leaving this horrible band thinking about the gesture of Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, congratulating the boy who has formed the largest file of bootlegs on the web. They even took some pictures and console recordings were promised.

That's the leader of a band that proposes new and challenging music all the time. The same that Axl admired to the point of "stealing" a guitarist and trying to clone his sound.

These days I feel sorry for Guns N 'Roses. 
If admins want to delete this post, or remove me from the forum, I will understand.
But I had to say it. Axl, you let a bunch of wakos and Team Brazil separate you more from the fans than you've ever been.

Shame on you Axl Rose, shame on you!

Cool story bro. You're not wrong. See you in less than a week. 

Edited by username

15 hours ago, Legendador said:

Man, you are such a cry baby!

Do you really think this is the work of the evil TB?

Axl is the sole owner of the name, he and the record company are the ones who decide on such things.

The band doesn't need word of mouth. Never had since 1987.

See, from where I stand those videos on Youtube were stolen. They are not authorized, thus this is illegal, like a bootleg.

Did you watched them? Cool! Why are you not satisfied? Because it is not available as you wish?

Trent Reznor? The guy is irrelevant since 2005! With Teeth was the last great NIN record. Period.

The band did a 2 year tour with 3 1/2 hour gigs, a huge box set, and you say they don't respect the fans? Cry baby!

Team Brazil is not to blame, but weirdos like you that don't get on with their lives and put a rock band as the most important thing in the world to them!

(Starts stupid dumb voice) "Oh, I'm gonna rant on the MYGNR forum, maybe Dexter will read it and answer me! Maybe he will read this and think, 'well fernomebaby is right! Come to my house and have full access to the vault!'. Maybe the Lebeis will read it and say: 'sorry, dude! we will let Dexter go!".

Shame on you cry baby! Shame on you!

Thank you very much for the post. I laughed my ass off repeatedly. I almost forgot there are still individuals like you walking on this Earth. The last time I saw such a stupid attitude was like 15 years ago on thenewguns forum. I mean I love the band but it doesn't stop me from thinking critically about them and their actions. But hey, it's just me.

Edited by Rayno
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Lol, have you stopped to think that those leaks where leaked by employees of GN'R and not the fans? :lol:

How would any fan have such material if there wasn't a link within the organization providing material to the "outside"?

They should be more careful with what kind of people they hire and how to take care of their own material. That is not an excuse to not release an album though. 

Besides, nowadays, most new artists are releasing single songs, not albums. Some artists drop a song every month, until they finally release a whole album. This is the way to fight the leaks, to leak your own album yourself befofe other people do it.

The problem with GN'R (or maybe Axl and his managers) is that they are dinosaurs who don't understand the dynamics of the current music business. They are stuck in 1992.

No other artist in the world have those problems becuase most of them have adapted to the new forms, new rules and they take advantage of the digital platforms instead of fighting them and fighting the fans.

Well I agree with most of this, but I disagree that they should be following the path made by other bands in how they adapt to the new way of music production.

There is no definite right way, and until they come out with a record it's hard to say they are doing anything wrong. Right now more people than at any point in the last 15yrs want a gnr record. How many bands can say that? Yeh they have that because they've starved their fanbase but maybe there's an argument for avoiding over exposure and waiting. Quality over quantity, so yeah some bands release a song a month but I almost guarantee tee the quality is all over the place.

I don't think gnr are in any danger over exposure when it comes to their recorded output, but I think you can get what I'm getting at!

11 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

What incentive does the band have recording an album NOW if someone's going to find a way to get it online well in advance, so when the album does drop, nobody buys it because they've already got it in a file on their computer? 

You realize this happens to every single musical artist today, yet they all continue to release albums?

Also, the box set aside. The videos Fernomenoyde created were made from cell phone recordings that captured video, and the FREE soundboard audio the band streamed online?

The problem here is how management pretend to give a fuck about their bands fan base, when it's clear as fucking day, they despise us?

The entity that is Guns N' Roses, regardless of the classic music, has become such a fucking joke.

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

"A band that does not record new music. A band that does not respect its fans. A band that is allied with crazy people to pursue their fans, is not worth being even heard" What's that? a lot of people are talking about new material, even if the OP wasn't directly, that's who I was talking to. This guy is upset that his videos were removed and someone maybe by the band? he doesn't seem to be sure! have heavy handed him with legal threats and the whole nine yards! IF the band are a party to that, then yeah I understand him giving up on the band. 

Be all end all of this, no matter how unpopular this fact is - if the band decides to remove copyrighted material, that is their right to do so. You don't own the recordings on your phone from the show, and you certainly don't own soundboard audio. When the quality of the recordings is multi-cam and pro audio that's always going to raise eyebrows among labels and bands. I personally think it's harmless, but maybe GNR just don't see it that way! not caring for the possible benefits of having the shows online just like Prince, who also had a stranglehold on bootlegging.

How is it that you still don't know what this is actually about? 

I have no idea how to say this any clearer: this has nothing whatsoever to do with getting anything for free. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Draguns said:

Wow! Some people just love drama. Awesome! You stopped being a fan because you got your content pulled down. Now do you have to come on to a fan forum to seek attention and tell people you stopped being a fan as a result?  Kudos to you for not being a fan anymore.

Have you ever given the thought that  maybe GNR, management,  or whoever has that right considering that it is intellectual property? You don't have to like it, but you have to respect and see it from their side as well. Besides there is still content online regarding old videos. 

Just enjoy the music and live life. Life is too short for stuff like this. 

You should check into the full story before assuming this is all because some content got pulled. 

11 hours ago, Raiken said:

wilipedia 

Once again, this has nothing to do with copyrights and any of the fans wanting anything for free. 

Having said that, as long as you brought up the law, I'm curious: how does the law look with respect to threatening families on behalf of a band you have nothing to do with? 

• Like 3